Login

russian armor

Blobbing

PAGES (8)down
23 Nov 2014, 10:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2014, 01:24 AMVaz

Also, blobbing is more of a tactical decision, so if the S being taken out of RTS, it's not directly from blobbing.

I'm not defending blobbing, I'm telling you to deal with it, because it's not going to change.

I agree that the blobbing is a tactic, and if you force them not to blob it's not appealing. "Forcing" players to do anything is not a good option, but the thing is the game at the current state is encouraging players to blob, specially OKW. Blobs are too damn effective, extremely rewarding and not very punishing if you lose units .I'm not going into details and I'm not arguing how to counter a blob, just that blobs are so viable and effective, specially for OKW. There have been many discussions about this and there were some good points (MP upkeep, increased suppression etc.). All I'm saying that this should change, and devs should come up with something to reduce the effectiveness and viability of blobs. Although, as you said, you can not fix the player problem and some people will still blob, but at least they will not be encouraged to do so.
23 Nov 2014, 10:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2014, 10:17 AMGneckes

I feel that the Allies have the better anti-blobbing measures - Demos, satchel charges, ISU, Sherman..
Axis can do decently with S-mines, bundled nades, Infiltration nades and such, but are much less likely to get those FUKs.

(gib Goliath pls!)

Stuka, Flaktrack, Brummbar and even kubel.
23 Nov 2014, 10:43 AM

...Brummbar...
Haven't seen it really kill a blob before. Only killing 4 men of a squad.:(
23 Nov 2014, 10:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2014, 01:24 AMVaz

Also, blobbing is more of a tactical decision,

Son, blobbing aint tactical, let that be very clear.
23 Nov 2014, 10:45 AM

Stuka, Flaktrack, Brummbar and even kubel.

Don't wanna go off-topic, but IMO Allies have more Anti-blobbing units.
Stuka is easy to dodge in most maps, flak track has no HP and armor, brummbar is T4 and you have to sacrifice a panther (who goes T4 these days anyway ?) and Kuble only works in the first 10 minutes.
On the other hand we have the mighty ISU (stil OP), IS2 (not that good after the changes but still), katyusha, Demo charges and WAIT THERE IS MORE. TBH it all goes back to the call-in meta. As allies-specially Soviets- you can count on saving resources for call-ins which do well against most targets. BTW I don't wanna argue about which faction can counter blobs effectively, just that I find it easier for me to counter blobs as allies.
Back to the topic, I think MP upkeep is a good idea, or some kind of Aura nerf for blobs of the same unit (receive more suppression).
23 Nov 2014, 10:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2014, 10:30 AMRMMLz

I agree that the blobbing is a tactic, and if you force them not to blob it's not appealing. "Forcing" players to do anything is not a good option, but the thing is the game at the current state is encouraging players to blob, specially OKW.

What kind of bullshit is this man?

It's not "Especially OKW" You should say it's Especially Allies. Americans in particular blob 10x harder than Axis and are far more effective at it with BARs and M1919's that instagib Volksgrens, Sturms, Obersoldaten, and Grenadiers.

I'm tired of these boards seeking to just to punish Axis players for being Axis rather than achieve real balance! It's garbage man.
23 Nov 2014, 10:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2014, 10:46 AMSierra

What kind of bullshit is this man?

It's not "Especially OKW" You should say it's Especially Allies. Americans in particular blob 10x harder than Axis and are far more effective at it with BARs and M1919's that instagib Volksgrens, Sturms, Obersoldaten, and Grenadiers.

I'm tired of these boards seeking to just to punish Axis players for being Axis rather than achieve real balance! It's garbage man.

Chill dude. If you check my profile you that I play axis mostly (mostly 2v2s) so I'm not the kind of NERF AXIS BUFF ALLIES. But considering the vet system and allies lower HP on armored units, Volk blob do wonders late game. But Riflemen and shocks (DA MIGHTY SHOCKS) pwn mid game.
23 Nov 2014, 10:58 AM

Thanks RMMLz... seriously, who goes Brummbär? That thing is terrible.
Sturmtiger I'll count, but it can baited.
23 Nov 2014, 11:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2014, 10:45 AMRMMLz

Don't wanna go off-topic, but IMO Allies have more Anti-blobbing units.
Stuka is easy to dodge in most maps, flak track has no HP and armor, brummbar is T4 and you have to sacrifice a panther (who goes T4 these days anyway ?) and Kuble only works in the first 10 minutes.
On the other hand we have the mighty ISU (stil OP), IS2 (not that good after the changes but still), katyusha, Demo charges and WAIT THERE IS MORE. TBH it all goes back to the call-in meta. As allies-specially Soviets- you can count on saving resources for call-ins which do well against most targets. BTW I don't wanna argue about which faction can counter blobs effectively, just that I find it easier for me to counter blobs as allies.
Back to the topic, I think MP upkeep is a good idea, or some kind of Aura nerf for blobs of the same unit (receive more suppression).

Stuka is the best anti-blob unit. That's not questionable. I've never seen Katy with 50-90 kills but Stuka? Yes. Even if you retreat just after hearing Stuka it might get you. Recently, I heard stuka, clicked T but last 2 shells stil hit me. 11 models gone.
IS2 is not great AI. On the other hand King Tiger is awesome cleaner.
Flaktrack is not supposed to be used in front in late game. Hide it behind corner where AT gun wont get you and it will wipe everything.
Im not saying that Allies don't have any anti-blob but besides ISU they have hard time, especially in the first 15mins when OKW can get Stuka or Luchs to punish everything.

________

Brummabar is very, very good AI. Of course not in 1v1 but in 2v2 and higher. In can wipe squads very easily and since allies inf does not have AT to deal with it, Brummbar can be deadly.
23 Nov 2014, 11:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2014, 10:52 AMRMMLz

Chill dude. If you check my profile you that I play axis mostly (mostly 2v2s) so I'm not the kind of NERF AXIS BUFF ALLIES. But considering the vet system and allies lower HP on armored units, Volk blob do wonders late game. But Riflemen and shocks (DA MIGHTY SHOCKS) pwn mid game.

Just mid game? Rifleblobs of 3-5 squads are dominating early game, within 5 minutes. Not just in 1v1 and 2v2, but even 3v3 and 4v4. I'm a pretty decent player, especially in team games, and I've never felt so goddamn gimped in my life as of these last 3-5 games that I just played tonight.

Whatever Relic is doing, they need to wake up, because their attempts at "Balance" are just punishing people for playing the factions they want now.

Grenadiers just die instantly, panzergrens are mostly ineffective unless they are sitting on top of the opposing squad, and there is no bottleneck to stop these American rifleblobs and Soviets from overrunning you within the first few minutes. Literally nothing, MG's are completely ineffective and lose models all while struggling to suppress even a single squad.
23 Nov 2014, 11:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2014, 11:05 AMSierra

Just mid game? Rifleblobs of 3-5 squads are dominating early game, within 5 minutes. Not just in 1v1 and 2v2, but even 3v3 and 4v4. I'm a pretty decent player, especially in team games, and I've never felt so goddamn gimped in my life as of these last 3-5 games that I just played tonight.

Kubel+Strompio+Truck.

Use truck to push rifle out of the cover, suppress with kubel, finish with stormpio. When they retreat you wil get huge advantage which won't be easy for allies to counter, even for 4 rifles.
23 Nov 2014, 11:14 AM

Kubel+Strompio+Truck.

Use truck to push rifle out of the cover, suppress with kubel, finish with stormpio. When they retreat you wil get huge advantage which won't be easy for allies to counter, even for 4 rifles.

So to even be mildly effective one has to exploit a poor mechanic and risk losing their truck? Riiight that makes sense. Pfft, that's crap man.

Also I've been playing Ostheer Close Air Support to work with my team, just nothing doing it. Not MG-42's, not grenadiers, not panzergrens, 221/2's are crap. Pioneers are almost completely garbage.

I'm convinced that there is no arguing here though for real balance though, it's clear people want Axis players to be punished for being Axis.
23 Nov 2014, 12:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2014, 11:14 AMSierra

So to even be mildly effective one has to exploit a poor mechanic and risk losing their truck? Riiight that makes sense. Pfft, that's crap man.

Also I've been playing Ostheer Close Air Support to work with my team, just nothing doing it. Not MG-42's, not grenadiers, not panzergrens, 221/2's are crap. Pioneers are almost completely garbage.

I'm convinced that there is no arguing here though for real balance though, it's clear people want Axis players to be punished for being Axis.

Dude... What truck losing? You don't face 4 rifles in first 2 mins. You face 1 RE, 1 RF on fuel point, and 30-45sec lataer second RF squads. By the time that second RF will come, the first one will be dead or RF will retreat to the base. Second squad won't attack alone so USF player need to wait to recrew first squad and wait for third or just garden the fuel and go somewhere else. First clash is very important and if you use Strompio, Kubel and Truck you will win this for 99%. When 3 RF will come you will have Strompio, Kubel and 2 Volks.
23 Nov 2014, 12:27 PM

Dude... What truck losing? You don't face 4 rifles in first 2 mins. You face 1 RE, 1 RF on fuel point, and 30-45sec lataer second RF squads. By the time that second RF will come, the first one will be dead or RF will retreat to the base. Second squad won't attack alone so USF player need to wait to recrew first squad and wait for third or just garden the fuel and go somewhere else. First clash is very important and if you use Strompio, Kubel and Truck you will win this for 99%. When 3 RF will come you will have Strompio, Kubel and 2 Volks.

I'm citing my experiences in 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4. I have long ago given up on 1v1 and most 2v2's considering how horribly slanted in Allies favor they are.
23 Nov 2014, 12:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2014, 12:27 PMSierra

I'm citing my experiences in 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4. I have long ago given up on 1v1 and most 2v2's considering how horribly slanted in Allies favor they are.

Why don't You give a try 2v2 as Allies? :)
I mean, such statement from player (no offence) who has 2 games as allies is not fully objective, right?
23 Nov 2014, 13:03 PM

Son, blobbing aint tactical, let that be very clear.

Yes it is. I call it tactical blobbing on my stream all the time. If you know there is no risk and can safely blob to disrupt someones lines, may as well do it. I've been doing it in CoH1 and CoH2 for ages.

I rarely blob multiple squads, but it can sometimes really catch your opponent by surprise all of a sudden esepcially in regions where they have no vision control (behind a hedge, mortar smoke). Blobbing in one area can literally cause a chain reaction of victories as you move across your opponents frontline. There is risk, yet great reward. The risk is that if that one unexpected HMG stops your blob and/or vehicle looking for road kill hits your blob. Good bye map control!

The problem I have with blobs in CoH2 is with USF and OKW elite infantry, being both LMG equiped M1919 paratroopers and MG34 obersoldaten. These units break the rules and literally promote forward assault idiot blobbing. They have the potential to reliably beat HMG positions with frontal assaults and prevent all support weapon crew teams from pulling back when firing from mid/long ranges. The fact they have such high DPS and shoot on the move is the cause of the problem and is poor game design by Relic.

CoH1 blobs with rangers/paras with sprint (fire up?!) were poor design as well but snipers were extremely easy to use and could get a huge long term drain on these kind of blobbers. It is a different game in the end when you compare CoH1 and CoH2.
23 Nov 2014, 13:22 PM

I don't agree, there is nothing tactical in blobbing as I see it.
23 Nov 2014, 13:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Recently, I heard stuka, clicked T but last 2 shells stil hit me. 11 models gone.
IS2 is not great AI. On the other hand King Tiger is awesome cleaner.
Brummabar is very, very good AI. Of course not in 1v1 but in 2v2 and higher.

Most of the time it is safer to move sideways rather than hitting retreat against a Stuka. You are going to take casualties if he aims for the retreat path.
Brummbar is still a joke on 2v2.
23 Nov 2014, 13:25 PM

It's called concentrated firepower and material...the problem is blob-counters; HMGs gets cleared out pretty fast :( TBH, I'd like to see blobbed units get a received accuracy modifier to compensate the blob's firepower with more vulnerability.
23 Nov 2014, 13:26 PM

Alrighti no problem.

I am to lazy to draw out (exam study) why blobbing will actually win you engagements where if you try hit from multiple directions you will lose. It smashes your opponents line and then the rest crumbles there after.

Need diagrams for this. Writing it in text is to hard to show and my wrists are sore...
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS