Login

russian armor

Blobbing

PAGES (8)down
23 Nov 2014, 01:18 AM

I'm a pretty strong 2v2 player that's highly ranked, but this game continues to disappoint and becomes less appealing... This weekend I've faced repetitive OKW blobbing it becomes so boring playing the same play style over and over again, why play a RTS if you take the S out of the game <444>_<444>

My question isn't blobbing punished more and why hasn't their been any strides to fix this?
Vaz
23 Nov 2014, 01:24 AM

Is blobbing a relic problem or a player problem? To me it's a player problem. No one is going to fix the player problem. Your just going to have to move on to a different game or start finding some fun ways to deal with what your opponents are throwing your way. There is no extra benefit to blobbing and there is much disadvantage (such as cover failure and extreme vulnerability to AOE weapons).

Also, blobbing is more of a tactical decision, so if the S being taken out of RTS, it's not directly from blobbing.

I'm not defending blobbing, I'm telling you to deal with it, because it's not going to change.

EDIT: offtopic, how the hell are you on a 26 streak 2v2 random?! If I win 4 in a row the automatcher throws me a teamate so trashy that the AI is 2x more efficient than him and puts me up against competent axis players. Why are you facing blob opponents that could care less when you are at position 3? This is pretty unfair, you see I have to deal with that. You and Romeo both get these lol games where your opponents don't care to win, it seems.
23 Nov 2014, 01:32 AM

Buff all Mgs. That would make mortars, arty etc... more appealing which means you need flanking squads.
Vaz
23 Nov 2014, 01:39 AM

blobs flanking are a thing and do happen. I do want mg's buffed though.
23 Nov 2014, 01:46 AM

I doubt it'll ever be changed. Relic encourages blobbing, so why would they ever fix it? They did it with PE and the Brits in CoH1, and they've applied it here as well with OKW's design. Neither PE nor OKW were designed to get many vehicles, just to blob with vehicle support. Plus, most of the player-base either doesn't mind it or encourages it.
23 Nov 2014, 02:06 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Blobbing* requires less micro and achieves same results. Profit. Problem here is that both new factions are designed to blob. Forward retreat points makes blobbing less punishing.

*A blob doesn't need to be amass in a small group susceptible to AOE weapons. It can move in that way but when engaged in combat they just spread out and through sheer DPS they can deal with MGs**.

**When facing blobs, don't rely on 1 MG. Use double unless you want to keep recrewing your MGs.
Vaz
23 Nov 2014, 02:31 AM

So then, where is the line drawn between a blob and a good force? Are we supposed to have solo squads going commando? It seems to me to make sense in bringing a large force to assault.
23 Nov 2014, 03:40 AM

It does make sense to bring a large force aka blob to attack a position. If you reach a critical mass of units, you can simply a move them and get fairly good results. You probably have to use some kinda barrage ability to scare it off but even conventional weapons like mgs don't work; the blob simply snipes the gunners and on it goes again. If you get some bad rng with mortars, the blob just ignores you and keeps on truckin!
23 Nov 2014, 05:39 AM

I'm having to carry my teammate a lot of my games lol, at least you play players that play the game, not blob all over the place its very dull
23 Nov 2014, 05:41 AM

The volk and schreck combo needs to go its makes volks too viable
23 Nov 2014, 05:59 AM

Are you losing to this? Or is it just boring to play against? Both?

I feel like blobbing while not the best way to use troops, is a safe way to play you don't get split up and your units are together but they are not used at maximum efficiency and could still be used better
23 Nov 2014, 06:03 AM

Both, more of playing against it though...
23 Nov 2014, 06:16 AM

They could probably try changing a couple things if they really wanted to adress it that badly, but it would make the game quite different

First cover stops giving bonuses if you get close enough, that promotes blobbing when cover doesn't matter probly have a reason for that mechanic but idk what it is

Second Flanking is incredibly risky because of how vulnerable units can be on retreat especially with tanks around some people have suggested custom retreat paths to mitigate this and give more player control idk if they can engineer that though

Thirdly earlier in the game infantry fights seem to have a nice pace, later in the game units die really fast so there is no point in manuevering units into the perfect spot if they will just stand there for 1 second before they get blown up or shot to death. they could adjust veterancy to make later game fights just as slow as early ones

these don't affect specific unit values(though they would buff/nerf some units) but would make it a little more rewarding to space units out use cover and flank/manuever into position
23 Nov 2014, 06:29 AM

interesting, the 3 idea sounds, I think their should be a suppression bouns if there is more than 3 of the same squad clumped together
23 Nov 2014, 08:33 AM

The recent infantry grouping punishes blobbing more than ever lategame with artillery.

The issue is with the early game where MGs are the only option and yet they are not really good against blobs as they should be.
23 Nov 2014, 08:58 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

They could make AOE suppression like 3x bigger to make it basically impossible to frontally assault an MG but I honestly think blobbing is not that big of a deal. All factions have tools to deal with it.
23 Nov 2014, 09:08 AM

Yesterday I faced 2 OKW players. One of them went heavily for Volks+Schrecks, Stormpio and Puma, second went for quick Luchs and Obers. They were blobbing together through whole map. No way to win.
23 Nov 2014, 09:09 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Clearly you didn't spam enough B4
23 Nov 2014, 09:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2014, 09:09 AMRomeo
Clearly you didn't spam enough B4

Was playing as USF :guyokay:
23 Nov 2014, 10:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2014, 08:58 AMRomeo
They could make AOE suppression like 3x bigger to make it basically impossible to frontally assault an MG but I honestly think blobbing is not that big of a deal. All factions have tools to deal with it.

I feel that the Allies have the better anti-blobbing measures - Demos, satchel charges, ISU, Sherman..
Axis can do decently with S-mines, bundled nades, Infiltration nades and such, but are much less likely to get those FUKs.

(gib Goliath pls!)
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight