Login

russian armor

Balance in 4vs4/3vs3 is better than ever, but still lacking

23 Nov 2014, 00:34 AM

The balance is rather good, nearly good enough to have fun in 3vs3 or 4vs4 with Allies.

The missing fun :

1)The US need :
* A light mortar in Lieutenant barracks. (To increase build variety)
* More defense for the AT-gun. (To increase build reliability)

2)The Soviets need :
* Greater love in tier 4 : The SU-76/85 are so lame that nobody use them now.
Add 10% to rotation speed, 10% to the speed and 5% to the acceleration to both vehicles.

The Soviet IS2 is rather bad for it's cost and can't «lock fire on vehicles only».
* Spread it's vet bonus so it become better stock, but don't become stronger when vet 3.
* Add the «lock fire on vehicles only» to it's command's panel.

With that, i will play both sides (Allies or Axis) with equal pleasure.

Thanks
23 Nov 2014, 01:43 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

USF:
A) Indirect fire: it's pretty lackluster for different reasons.
1-MHT sucks, specially on autobarrage.
2-Pack howi is locked on captain, which is pretty tame in general. It's pretty fuel expensive to get both liutenant and captain. If either of them would have a reduce fuel cost whenever you get either of them, it would solve part of the problem.
3-I wouldn't consider M8 an in.fire unit. More like an indirect wipe unit at close-mid range.
4-I wonder useful a normal mortar would be.

B) AT gun is "fine".

Soviets:
A)T4: yep it needs some love.

B)IS2 is fine. I've never seen a better balance between Tiger and IS2. Who would have thought that Tiger would had been better AI and the IS2 better AT.
23 Nov 2014, 02:33 AM

Ehhh i still think the balance needs work. changing the isu and jagdtiger was a good step, but more needs to be done. the trick is to find the units to change that doesn't affect 1v1. Maps need to be looked at as well.
23 Nov 2014, 03:18 AM

is it joke? many times NO!
23 Nov 2014, 04:41 AM

Permanently Banned
U must be fighting bad opponents.

I guarantee u, I dont lose in 4v4's as axis
23 Nov 2014, 05:57 AM

Axis still has the advantage by a mile. Allies have to fight tooth and nail to put on early game pressure and keep it there, meanwhile axis merely have to survive. Relic themselves have admitted that allies require more effort to play. It's good to see one of the biggest offenders has been addressed (jagdtiger).

I think Wehrmacht are in a good spot for the most part. The only unit I think may be a little over the top is their mortar. It may be fine though, it's possible that allied mortars just really suck by comparison.

OKW on the other hand have an entire lineup of units that are performing a little too well except for units like the rakaten and MG34. MG34 is balanced imo, but rakaten is very fragile, I think it should get a 5th man. Silly units like Obers, non-doctrinal KT, and the Stuka are in every match I play, and they always smack the shit out of the allies.
23 Nov 2014, 09:23 AM

Allies need something with better penetration. 200 penetration is a joke for TD.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★