Login

russian armor

Dealing with pesky commie shocktroops.

21 Nov 2014, 19:39 PM

So help me God if this devolves into a debate of my playercard i will mail all of you dog poop.

So lmg grens kill a model or two as they close in but then get run off and cant fire moving. MG42 slows them down then they smoke it. mortars only work if they are too dumb to smoke mg. 222 doesnt seem to be accurate enough to do anything. Pgrens get rekt unless they are dumb enough to eat a bundled grenade. dont even think about halftrack, if you could get flames earlier, then maybe. so what p4 or ostwind right? WTF a cp 2 or 3 (i forget) infantry cant be countered by infantry/weapon teams? It's not that i cant do it, it just seems awfully hard. I know they're elite and have armor blah blah, but there must be a more reliable way to do it and i can't think of one. Flame pios can do okay except they squishy. mg42 with incendiary works great if not smoked, but they always smoke...... im stumped.
21 Nov 2014, 19:51 PM

MG42 slows them down then they smoke it. mortars only work if they are too dumb to smoke mg. smoked, but they always smoke...... im stumped.

Put a smine infornt of HMG you will see them melt away in his first push. and also you can move your grens else where leave a pinoeer with flamer behind HMG to replenish smines, consider putting a teller before smine later ( handy if he rushes a T70 or T34) AT gun should cover the HMG smine field later.

happy mining :)

below replay is a week old but should help you out with Smine strat.

21 Nov 2014, 19:51 PM

Ive found that 3 grens 3 mgs, scout car, 251 w/ the pgren call in is pretty dealing with con spam into shock spam. You just need several mgs or several light vehicles. You need at least 2 grens per shock to stand a chance at winning if they charge you if not retreat when they get close save your manpower
23 Nov 2014, 09:17 AM

The replay doesn't show up for me, unfortunately. Do you have any newer ones?
23 Nov 2014, 11:10 AM

Fighting Shocks with the Ostheer involves quite a big amount of micron imo.

Most important rule to fight them is to keep your guys as far away from them as possible (no shit sherlock, I know)and always retreat early enough! even if that means to retreat a full health squad.

I have a few ways to deal with them;

Having two grensquads that have some space in between them. So while he closes in on one you fire at him with the other. You won't wipe them but he'll lose entities and you won't if you pull your grens back in time.

A sniper might work on some maps but is extremely attention and micro intensive.

Mg42 play works pretty good. Always reposition your mg once his shocks are suppressed. While they're suppressed, shoot them with whatever you have, flamers work very well and so do riflenades.

Sdkfz. 222, can work but be aware of cons shielding his shocks and don't go to close ore they'll shred your car.

If you actually wan't to wipe them you'll need something with tracks and even then they'll probably get away due to having 6 men.

Fighting them is a pain as OH and you'll sure need some luck too if you wan't to wipe them.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 25
unknown 8
New Zealand 24

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak