Login

russian armor

Rifle AT Mines

Vaz
23 Nov 2014, 01:17 AM

Thats OP

M6 one shots almost all OKW vehicles..

Even if the vehicle survives, its Waaaayy to punishing having an immobilized vehicle.

Give usf normal mines

Yeah that's a little extreme for something that can be planted by base infantry. But some sort of non-doc mine for USF would be a very welcome change for all players, I think.

Remind me again who lays teller mines and what they do to their targets?
23 Nov 2014, 03:30 AM
Patrion 28

500/engine damaged/no one lays them because they're too expensive
23 Nov 2014, 03:41 AM

I just lost a T70 to a teller yesterday. So yeah people lay them.
Vaz
23 Nov 2014, 07:48 AM

I meant unit, not players...

Also I remember them having a pretty decent destroyed engine chance as well, not just damaged.
23 Nov 2014, 11:09 AM

Cruzz took a look at how the light AT mines work a while back. Here is what he had to say:

tldnr: Only lay 3-4 mines in one spot at most as more actually reduce the chance of a damaged engine crit.
23 Nov 2014, 13:27 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

500/engine damaged/no one lays them because they're too expensive

400dmg
23 Nov 2014, 14:11 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2014, 01:17 AMVaz

Remind me again who lays teller mines and what they do to their targets?

The needs of the faction would provide balance. Something akin to the Soviet TM-35 would be perfect for dealing with OKW light vehicles and powerful infantry. But that would be too similar, so maybe just something that damages both inf and vehicles, but could only be triggered by one or the other. Just throwing ideas out.

In either case, Teller mines are good for Ostheer because they have a tough time dealing with light vehicle rushes and also need something to put a dent in tough Soviet armor into the late game. Meanwhile USF has good minesweeping abilities, with the cheapest engie unit in the game having two of them isn't a bad idea.

Vaz
23 Nov 2014, 16:00 PM

your beating around the bush.
24 Nov 2014, 12:30 PM
Patrion 28

400dmg

oh now this is fascinating. so they ninja nerfed the riegel and teller. teller now does 400 and riegel does 320. M6 still does 400 though.

In either case, Teller mines are good for Ostheer because they have a tough time dealing with light vehicle rushes and also need something to put a dent in tough Soviet armor into the late game. Meanwhile USF has good minesweeping abilities, with the cheapest engie unit in the game having two of them isn't a bad idea.

tellers are shit for light vehicles because they're so expensive. su-chu/tm-35 pretty much one shot light vehicles anyway. or do you mean light tanks? teller is still pretty cost inefficient against them.
24 Nov 2014, 13:29 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

oh now this is fascinating. so they ninja nerfed the riegel and teller. teller now does 400 and riegel does 320. M6 still does 400 though.

tellers are shit for light vehicles because they're so expensive. su-chu/tm-35 pretty much one shot light vehicles anyway. or do you mean light tanks? teller is still pretty cost inefficient against them.

They also reduce the price to 50. It was not a ninja nerf. Check the changelog : sigh :

It was 1 shotting Jacksons previously. If you don't build minefield theres little reason for someone to check if you have put or not a teller.

Soviet: M3-M5-T70-Su76
USF: Dodge-M20-AAHT-M3-Greyhound-Scott-Stuart-M10. Jackson survives with 80hp.

24 Nov 2014, 14:51 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2014, 16:00 PMVaz
your beating around the bush.

Every time someone says that I seem to think there is a sexual metaphor at play :megusta:
Vaz
24 Nov 2014, 22:20 PM

it almost works, but the bush is around what you would beat.
25 Nov 2014, 07:45 AM
Patrion 28

They also reduce the price to 50. It was not a ninja nerf. Check the changelog : sigh :

It was 1 shotting Jacksons previously. If you don't build minefield theres little reason for someone to check if you have put or not a teller.

Soviet: M3-M5-T70-Su76
USF: Dodge-M20-AAHT-M3-Greyhound-Scott-Stuart-M10. Jackson survives with 80hp.

probably posted during the month i had the game uninstalled then.
25 Nov 2014, 11:44 AM

I have tried to make these work ever since WFA was released. From my extensive experiments with the mine I can say this:

Never build a whole cluster fuck of mines in a small tight space for 2 reasons IF you want the mines to be Anti-Vehicle.

1. As cruzz pointed out anymore than 4-5 mines would have a negative impact on the crit chance.

2 As soon as the first mine explodes , the aoe radius will trigger ALL of the other mines, effectively wasting them as the tank in question would be out of the aoe reach.

HOWEVER. you can use these mines as an effective blob counter BELIEVE IT OR NOT. Build a large patch of mines in a small choke point where you know the herd will pass through. Either build a demo within the middle of this patch or ensure you have an AOE unit/weapon. When the herd is in the middle of the patch detonate the demo charge or throw a nade/ fire a zook with A-ground (zook is the better choice as he wont be suspicious). The mines will explode dealing decent damage all round, either killing plenty of models or if you are lucky wipes a squad.

In my opinion though, the light AT mine that the soviet AT tactics commander ( I <444>3 him) is VASTLY SUPERIOR. The mine applies a stun crit to any enemy vehicle that passes over it. That is correct, it will stun that flanking panther. This gives you plenty of time to get round the back, throw an AT nade, then a At volley and gives your AT guns plenty of time to chip away.

Note: A similar AI blob trap can be created with these mines as well.

I would of preferred if the US light AT mines gave a stun crit, as it would give your m10's the time they need to maneuver around the enemy tank as well as allowing bazooka wielding squads to hit the rear.

25 Nov 2014, 13:45 PM
Patrion 26

so you place a lot of mines near each other, if one detonates there will be a chain reaction detonating all mines one by one very fast? how far away do you place them? i imagine that the bazooka will not hit exactly there where you clicked but it just needs to hit one of the mines?
25 Nov 2014, 15:59 PM
Donator 11

You don't need to hit the mine itself, you just need to catch one of them in effective aoe range, if the others are near enough they will be triggered by the first mine. Trigerring can be done with every weapon that has aoe so practically every weapon that has attack ground option excluding flamers. Different weapons have different pros and cons: granade is most accurate and has huge aoe so it triggers with 100% chance but indeed is very suspecious, mortars, pack howitzers, m8s and so on are great but you need to take duration of aiming and flight of a shell into consideration, tanks are good but also can make enemy retreat, so zook is probably the best option but it can miss if the field is not big enough.
26 Nov 2014, 07:26 AM
Patrion 26

nice advice guys, tested yeesterday with a demo charge. those OP obers and schrecked volks are still flying through the air.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 57
Germany 792
Germany 39

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak