Login

russian armor

Rifle AT Mines

21 Nov 2014, 18:42 PM

I'm curious what the success has been with the rifleman AT mines available from the infantry commander.

How and when are you guys using this ability?
21 Nov 2014, 19:52 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

You can make a super mine by putting them on top of ass engie demo charges.
21 Nov 2014, 20:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2014, 19:52 PMTobis
You can make a super mine by putting them on top of ass engie demo charges.

I'm not aware of any commanders that have both assault engineers and rifleman field defenses.
21 Nov 2014, 20:51 PM

Assault Engineers have these light AT mines all the time, so virtually every Company in the game has access to light AT mines except Airborne.

Anyways, you do have to put about 4 or 5 of these tiny AT mines really close together to actually get it to damage the engine of heavier enemy armor. It's cheap, quick to build, but it takes your eyes away from the battlefield too long for it to be really effective, IMO.
21 Nov 2014, 22:11 PM

Ahhh, cool thanks. Does anybody know the actual damage of the mine? Coh stats does not have that information.
21 Nov 2014, 23:53 PM
Patrion 28

i can't remember but i'm not sure it does any.
22 Nov 2014, 00:34 AM

I don't think the mine actually does any significant damage - last I heard, it does 40 damage, which isn't enough to even kill a soldier. Coh2.org doesn't show a damage value for it, but I'm fairly certain that there is, as I've destroyed low-health scout cars with a cluster of these mines.
22 Nov 2014, 02:16 AM

Think they do like 20 damage. They also apply a debuff and any vehicle with a debuff that hits an additional at mine has a chance of engine damage/imobilized

Additionally im not sure if clustering them works b/c if the first mine kills the other ones that would mean that the vehicle only got 1 debuff applied and won't receive criticals right?

So you should be putting them in strait lines and hoping your opponent drives over them consecutively i guess? I've used them quite a few times arraying them in a multitude of patterns and had virtually no success with them :(

So why do i have to spend 25 munitions for a chance at engine damage when a real mine costs 30 munitions...also im still not really sure exactly how they work b/c of the mines blowing up other mines thing hitting the lottery is nice with imobilization but idk they are just hard to make work imo
22 Nov 2014, 09:59 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Considering they're Commander specific, they're pretty crappy. I have no idea why USF don't get regular mines on their Rear Echelon. What would be ideal is the M6 AT mines from the M20 on Rear echelon, USF need the AT so so bad.
Vaz
22 Nov 2014, 11:37 AM

Think they do like 20 damage. They also apply a debuff and any vehicle with a debuff that hits an additional at mine has a chance of engine damage/imobilized

Additionally im not sure if clustering them works b/c if the first mine kills the other ones that would mean that the vehicle only got 1 debuff applied and won't receive criticals right?

So you should be putting them in strait lines and hoping your opponent drives over them consecutively i guess? I've used them quite a few times arraying them in a multitude of patterns and had virtually no success with them :(

So why do i have to spend 25 munitions for a chance at engine damage when a real mine costs 30 munitions...also im still not really sure exactly how they work b/c of the mines blowing up other mines thing hitting the lottery is nice with imobilization but idk they are just hard to make work imo

This sums up my problem with them as well. The low cost is completely defeated by needing the same or more to get the same effect as other mines, even then it's rng.
22 Nov 2014, 11:46 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I still have to test how many of these are needed to sink a tank on ice.
22 Nov 2014, 13:53 PM

Permanently Banned
What would be ideal is the M6 AT mines from the M20 on Rear echelon, USF need the AT so so bad.

Thats OP

M6 one shots almost all OKW vehicles..

Even if the vehicle survives, its Waaaayy to punishing having an immobilized vehicle.

Give usf normal mines
22 Nov 2014, 14:43 PM

Permanently Banned
Considering they're Commander specific, they're pretty crappy. I have no idea why USF don't get regular mines on their Rear Echelon. What would be ideal is the M6 AT mines from the M20 on Rear echelon, USF need the AT so so bad.

Yeah that's a little extreme for something that can be planted by base infantry. But some sort of non-doc mine for USF would be a very welcome change for all players, I think.
22 Nov 2014, 18:02 PM

If they could make these mines less confusing and cumbersome to use that would be a start
22 Nov 2014, 18:22 PM
Patrion 26

good that the most micro intensive faction has mines that also need to be microed.
22 Nov 2014, 19:03 PM
Donator 11

Thats OP

M6 one shots almost all OKW vehicles..

Even if the vehicle survives, its Waaaayy to punishing having an immobilized vehicle.

Give usf normal mines

USF cannot be given "normal" mines as it is boring and symetrical. We already have okw and soviets with same mine and all that makes it not utterly boring is that those factions are on opposite sides.

It would be much better if those cheap mines were slightly buffed or, even better, if they were given significant damage and penetration but 0% crit possibility. That way clustering them would actually make sense and you could do significant damage to approaching german blitz before fighting it while giving wise german commander possibility to escape if he would micro well enough. The assymetrical ballance is a way to make game interesting and demanding to play.
22 Nov 2014, 20:06 PM

Permanently Banned

USF cannot be given "normal" mines as it is boring and symetrical.

Thats y usf has m20 mines... :guyokay:
22 Nov 2014, 21:52 PM
Donator 11

Thats y usf has m20 mines... :guyokay:

m20 mines are kind of riegel mines copypaste, but it's also acceptable as usf and wehr are opposite factions. Still light mines need some love, and still copying sov/okw mines is a bad option.

Btw rear echelon troops could also be given some mines, those could be light mines with much longer build type than when doctrinal or... single s-mines without signs (for like 30 muni) as usf used copies of s-mines during war and also it would be kind of asymetric as those would differ in way of planting and usage (no signs, single mine instead of 4).
22 Nov 2014, 22:15 PM

what if they just increased the cost to 20 muni but had it set 4 small mines as close as possible? that way its less micro intensive, and most likely what you where going to do anyways? and they would still be unique to usf. You could still shift click them if you wanted a big field :D
22 Nov 2014, 22:59 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

They work fine if you plant several of them. Sometimes I will plant 3-4 to cover a flank from a light vehicle, other times I will plant 7-8 and hope it breaks tank engine.

They are fairly effective in clusters, and you should never plant 1 and expect good results.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★