Login

russian armor

Schwerer Panzer Headquarters

21 Nov 2014, 13:14 PM

Hi,
as USF what is the best way to destroy a Schwerer Panzer Headquarters?
21 Nov 2014, 13:29 PM

I'd say it depends on where he placed it.

Generally a mix of these should do the job:

-AT-Guns
-Artillery
-Tanks
21 Nov 2014, 13:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2014, 13:14 PMkersal
Hi,
as USF what is the best way to destroy a Schwerer Panzer Headquarters?

my fav method is rifle flare(elite rifle man doc)+ at gun or a single jackson is enough.. make sure you have HMG covering it and drop wp barrage if he blobs at you remember at 8 min mark you need to scout this thing out. if its behind shot blocker dont risk an assault if its aggressively placed punish it as quickly as possible.

if you are successful you will still have to deal with a 26/28 min King Tiger so if you went elite rifle man dont get more than 1 E8, tech up to Major and get 2-3 Jacksons ready.
21 Nov 2014, 14:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2014, 13:36 PMImSkemo

my fav method is rifle flare(elite rifle man doc)+ at gun or a single jackson is enough.. make sure you have HMG covering it and drop wp barrage if he blobs at you remember at 8 min mark you need to scout this thing out. if its behind shot blocker dont risk an assault if its aggressively placed punish it as quickly as possible.

if you are successful you will still have to deal with a 26/28 min King Tiger so if you went elite rifle man dont get more than 1 E8, tech up to Major and get 2-3 Jacksons ready.
To provide a small alternative to what ImSkemo said, I would skip the E8 if I went rifle company. That fuel can be used on another M36 that scares tanks away. You only need 4 shots to kill a non vet 2 panther. If the shots penetrate it's really scary for them.
21 Nov 2014, 14:24 PM

Use your first tank to shoot it like 3 times then use mechanized company artillery.

You can try siege it with an at gun earlier, but thats pretty costly(map control) and risky(obers can come and just rek your at gun) I would only recommend this if the Flak base is in a crucial spot of you know he can't respond to you doing this

The flak base also won't switch targets ever unless something dies or moves away so you can run in infantry if its shooting a tank pretty safely
21 Nov 2014, 14:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2014, 14:11 PMsteel
I would skip the E8 if I went rifle company. That fuel can be used on another M36 that scares tanks away.

yeah ive noticed it being useless late game vs heavy armor but you need some armor to deal with obers since this doc doesnt give you any LMGs, plus if you have taken out FLak Hq at 12-13 min mark( with Rfile flare+ AT gun/jackson) he wont get panther he will definitely save fuel and go for KT and spam Obers + Volk shrecks every where. ( this stage is hard i get 1 or 2 HMGs but still its MP drain from then on)

skipping E8 for normal sherman is also good so you can atleast prevent your MP drain a lil. without P47s its hard to deal with KT against good players.
21 Nov 2014, 14:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2014, 14:40 PMImSkemo

yeah ive noticed it being useless late game vs heavy armor but you need some armor to deal with obers since this doc doesnt give you any LMGs, plus if you have taken out FLak Hq at 12-13 min mark( with Rfile flare+ AT gun/jackson) he wont get panther he will definitely save fuel and go for KT and spam Obers + Volk shrecks every where. ( this stage is hard i get 1 or 2 HMGs but still its MP drain from then on)

skipping E8 for normal sherman is also good so you can atleast prevent your MP drain a lil. without P47s its hard to deal with KT against good players.
You will never regret spending 20$ on the BAR upgrade. Trust me. It destroys obers for as long as you're not moving although they can be hard to kill. I needed 2 BARs to kill one squad. This ammo can be accumulated easily if you avoid throwing too many grenades ( which is hard for me to stop ) ^_^;
21 Nov 2014, 15:29 PM

Vet one on a 57 can be pretty funny.
Vaz
21 Nov 2014, 18:50 PM

pathfinders and m20 have increased vision range so you can target aggressive ones easier.
21 Nov 2014, 22:49 PM

Tnx to all...i will try. I hate to lose the game just only because he put his flak HQ in a good position.
Vaz
22 Nov 2014, 12:12 PM

Usually you'll want to distract him or draw his attention away before you start assaulting that building, if you can.
22 Nov 2014, 13:21 PM

Major artillery is a good artillery? It seems to be a waste of ammo generally...
22 Nov 2014, 13:49 PM

There is alot of things that can take out a shwerer panzer HQ.

Jush rushing it with 2 shermans is sometimes enough but if its supported that work work.

Mechanized arty + a tank to finish it off works very well.

Another thing that works is an at gun, altho that is hard to do with obersoldaten on the field.

My personal favourite is to get 2 m8a1 and just bombard it from range.
22 Nov 2014, 14:05 PM
Benefactor 392

attack-ground at gun cheap and easy unless you are pumping tanks. then jacksons. jacksons are really hurtful
22 Nov 2014, 14:23 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2014, 13:21 PMkersal
Major artillery is a good artillery? It seems to be a waste of ammo generally...

If you use the Major's artillery barrage on an OKW as it is setting up, it's good :D
If you have the Recon Support commander, I&R Pathfinders will kill set up OKW trucks in two barrages.
24 Nov 2014, 03:43 AM

I usually do a Captain/AT gun push in the mid game if I can.

M8A1 and Priest are also amazing at killing it indirectly.
24 Nov 2014, 04:30 AM

why can it kill tanks I think that's a little silly
24 Nov 2014, 17:06 PM

why can it kill tanks I think that's a little silly

It can kill light tanks (Stuart, m8a1.)

Sherman and Jackson are pretty impervious to it. They'll take light damage, but should win out 1v1.
1 Dec 2014, 23:02 PM

didnt read everything here, but:
not blobbing around and having the front lines always scouted is helpful cause many players will be greedy and build it up uncovered where no enemy unit is (this exact moment). you got about 50(?) seconds to focus ir down with anything. M20/M5A1 is helpful cause of its speed there, a HMG shold do the job quite well too.
If its already placed then watch the enviroment:
If theres a big LOS blocker then use thr attack ground ability od any Tank/AT gun. but have it guarded. In the open use the same strat but out of his range.
If theres a building nearby, then put a captian into it, tank hq isnt quite good against garrisoned infantry. Something else nearby that makes it die faster should be there too, cause the caprian alone wont make it.

or just use any artillery. that does it in the long run too
1 Dec 2014, 23:25 PM

My preferred method is M36 Jackson firing into FoW with attack ground, covered by Howitzer or MG/Infantry to deal with the infantry blobbing.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★