Login

russian armor

how do you counter kubelwagon as americans

21 Nov 2014, 01:47 AM

american have promblem aginst the kubelwagon since they greatly lack in anti armor compatibility it it takes 2 rifleman to tactically flank a kubel wagon, then it would take 3 rifelman to take out a kubelwagon backed by an assault pionneer, that is if the rifelman is in a setting with well spacing
21 Nov 2014, 02:26 AM

Avoid it is one way. Get as many territories as possible if you can't get the fuel point. I can't gain vet if it can't find any riflemen. After that, rush for an M20 to kill it quick. I go this build

Rifle x3
Lt (50 fuel)
M20 (20 fuel)

Noticed I only need 70 fuel for the M20? It's not that much fuel.
21 Nov 2014, 02:50 AM

you cant simply avoid the kubel wagon dude, it camps by your fuel point and it always sees you and fire before you see them.
21 Nov 2014, 02:50 AM

considering i may want frag or health truck, that would more likely be 105 fuel
21 Nov 2014, 02:59 AM

you cant simply avoid the kubel wagon dude, it camps by your fuel point and it always sees you and fire before you see them.

Kubels arent a problem now after patch .. Don't spread you forces in first 2 mins of game keep the 2RFs you get in 2mins together flank with one while keeping other in green cover bait it with RE if he gets more than 1 kubel get LT and m20 and its game over for the other guy
21 Nov 2014, 03:09 AM

considering i may want frag or health truck, that would more likely be 105 fuel
I don't get an ambulance so early. I see it as a waste of fuel early game because volksgrenadier can't defeat riflemen easily. It's a very equal fight if both in the same kind of cover (yellow,green..), don't know why it's equal though considering that there's 45 mp difference. So anyway, I see early ambulance is a waste. You're better off going for the M20 (which also has the mine that one shots puma) to kill the kubel. AAHT is kinda a waste since it's so expensive unless your opponent has got 5 squads of infantry or more attacking the same place.

The kubel is really easy to be countered with riflemen. Remember if he can't find targets for his kubel, he can't get vet. If you just kill it with the M20 a bit later, then he just wasted 5 fuel and some manpower that could have been spent on more squads. Also, if he goes for your fuel, send your RE around the map take his cutoff or his fuel. I noticed that a lot of players panic when they get their fuel attacked and start performing rash actions.:)
21 Nov 2014, 03:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2014, 02:59 AMImSkemo

Kubels arent a problem now after patch .. Don't spread you forces in first 2 mins of game keep the 2RFs you get in 2mins together flank with one while keeping other in green cover bait it with RE if he gets more than 1 kubel get LT and m20 and its game over for the other guy

but what if it was a kubel wagon backed by an assault pioneer, then it would perhaps take 3 rifelman to take aginst the kubelwagon because of the position the 2 riflemen are when they are up agight a kubel wagon and the sturm can easily close in that
the kubelwagon sees you and fires before the rifelman sees it, so its hard to bait it in green cover as well

overall the rifleman cant kill the kubelwagon and a good microer will always run it away before they finish it off, get repaired, then go off supressing again
sometimes even in buildings they go to an angle where there is only 1 man shooting from the window
by the time there are the m20 they got shreks too
21 Nov 2014, 03:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2014, 03:09 AMsteel
I don't get an ambulance so early. I see it as a waste of fuel early game because volksgrenadier can't defeat riflemen easily. It's a very equal fight if both in the same kind of cover (yellow,green..), don't know why it's equal though considering that there's 45 mp difference. So anyway, I see early ambulance is a waste. You're better off going for the M20 (which also has the mine that one shots puma) to kill the kubel. AAHT is kinda a waste since it's so expensive unless your opponent has got 5 squads of infantry or more attacking the same place.

The kubel is really easy to be countered with riflemen. Remember if he can't find targets for his kubel, he can't get vet. If you just kill it with the M20 a bit later, then he just wasted 5 fuel and some manpower that could have been spent on more squads. Also, if he goes for your fuel, send your RE around the map take his cutoff or his fuel. I noticed that a lot of players panic when they get their fuel attacked and start performing rash actions.:)

there is a difference between sending rifleman to flank into their fuel than sending a fast ass kubelwagon that can get there quickly and out very fast though
if i rush into their fuel they can rush back their kubel wagon back to their fuel and in addition to the kubelwagon having the first attack since they know you are taking the fuel
21 Nov 2014, 03:33 AM

there is a difference between sending rifleman to flank into their fuel than sending a fast ass kubelwagon that can get there quickly and out very fast though
if i rush into their fuel they can rush back their kubel wagon back to their fuel and in addition to the kubelwagon having the first attack since they know you are taking the fuel
And you can take back your own fuel allowing you to rush an M20. Oh yes, it's not riflemen that go to his fuel. It's just the Rear Echelon (RE troops). If you don't fancy sending your RE troops somewhere else then you can use them to cheat a bit.

(credits to Romeo for showing this)

I did this once and the kubel was wrecked before he could actually get out the way. The tank traps will mess up the driver i.e. the messy pathfinding is messed up even further when you place the tank traps behind the kubel. :D

Btw, if the pios are repairing, shoot them instead of the car. If you send them away then he's not gonna repair anything unless his kubel follows them back to base which pretty much gives you time to get LT and an M20.
Vaz
22 Nov 2014, 12:19 PM

I do pretty much the same as steel. Once you start playing people that can dodge grenades, paying 25fu early on is a huge waste. Your better off with earlier light vehicles and bars. Get grenades later on.
22 Nov 2014, 12:58 PM

i think the smoke thing is useful
22 Nov 2014, 13:51 PM

It's definately tricky , but it's also definately possible.

Flanking with rifles generally is very unreliable and doesn't work vs good players on alot of maps.

WC 51 assures that even if you don't kill the kubelwagen, you atleast equalize.

Versus OKW in 1v1 i find it's actually a good idea to go for a double RE start to help flank the kubelwagen.
25 Nov 2014, 00:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2014, 13:51 PMBurts
It's definately tricky , but it's also definately possible.

Flanking with rifles generally is very unreliable and doesn't work vs good players on alot of maps.

WC 51 assures that even if you don't kill the kubelwagen, you atleast equalize.

Versus OKW in 1v1 i find it's actually a good idea to go for a double RE start to help flank the kubelwagen.

the thing im concerned is that theres no diffeinate way to hard counter the kubelwagon as americans untill bazooka or m20
25 Nov 2014, 01:54 AM

Smoke grenades negate it, and then you can usually push up on it.

Fighting positions also work pretty good, especially with rear echelon squads shooting out rifle grenades.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★