Login

russian armor

Cuatious Movement ability

21 Nov 2014, 00:55 AM

Anybody know exactly what this ability does? What does it mean "harder to detect"? I don't see how this ability is useful at all.
21 Nov 2014, 00:58 AM

Assuming you mean Cautious Movement on the Jagdpanzer and the Luchs. Cautious Movement makes the tank move much slower than normally, but it becomes completely invisible to enemies unless they are close to it. I'm not sure if it hides the engine noises or not, I'd have to go check on that.

For the Luchs, this makes it effective as a Reconnaissance vehicle, as it was intended IRL, because you can creep up on your enemy's flanks or defenses without being seen.

For the Jagdpanzer IV, it it's great for ambushing enemy tanks, at higher Vet levels I believe it also gets an ambush bonus that does extra damage.
21 Nov 2014, 01:19 AM

Assuming you mean Cautious Movement on the Jagdpanzer and the Luchs. Cautious Movement makes the tank move much slower than normally, but it becomes completely invisible to enemies unless they are close to it. I'm not sure if it hides the engine noises or not, I'd have to go check on that.

For the Luchs, this makes it effective as a Reconnaissance vehicle, as it was intended IRL, because you can creep up on your enemy's flanks or defenses without being seen.

For the Jagdpanzer IV, it it's great for ambushing enemy tanks, at higher Vet levels I believe it also gets an ambush bonus that does extra damage.

Vet 5 jagd Panzers 1v1 frontal engagements against Soviet heavy armor :banana:
21 Nov 2014, 02:18 AM

So it's like a sniper in camo basically? You can't see it unless you're up close to it?

Also, the vet5 bonus sounds like it increases the bonus damage from the ambush, not gives a bonus damage to it.

First strike bonus does additional damage

Appreciate the help.
21 Nov 2014, 02:51 AM

Mr. Someguy is correct.

I'm not sure if it hides the engine noises or not, I'd have to go check on that.

I can confirm that it does not hide the engine noises. They may be more quiet, but they are certainly still present. I have found a couple Jagdpanzers via this method. It definitely takes sometime though to figure out exactly where they are because you do have to walk rather close to decloak the OKW unit.
21 Nov 2014, 02:56 AM

Mr. Someguy is correct.

I can confirm that it does not hide the engine noises. They may be more quiet, but they are certainly still present. I have found a couple Jagdpanzers via this method. It definitely takes sometime though to figure out exactly where they are because you do have to walk rather close to decloak the OKW unit.

Ok so this does actually cloak the tank, similar to how a sniper is cloaked.

Based on the wording of the vet5 bonus, it sounds like even at vet0, it gets the first strike bonus, is this correct?
21 Nov 2014, 03:04 AM

Well the snipers need cover in order to cloak. The Jagdpanzer and Luch can cloak anywhere as long as their is no combat occuring.
  • Snipers = Move and cloak only if they stay in cover.
  • Jagd/Luch = Move and cloak on any cover. I believe they move slower than snipers though who are moving in cover. That is something for you to check. ;)

I have no idea with the first strike bonus though. In CoH1 the first strike bonus was obvious. In CoH2 I can barely tell the difference to a regular shot.
21 Nov 2014, 03:06 AM

Right, I just meant, similar as in, you cannot see them. Not just invisible to radar or something. Sorry I was a little unclear.

What about the first strike bonus? That always occurs when active correct? and vet5 just increases the bonus?
21 Nov 2014, 03:38 AM
Patrion 28

there was a discussion on this quite a while ago and the luch's lack of hold fire caused issues. has hold fire been added?
23 Nov 2014, 16:55 PM

there was a discussion on this quite a while ago and the luch's lack of hold fire caused issues. has hold fire been added?

Yep, there's hold fire for luchs now.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS