Login

russian armor

Ambulance speed

Vaz
23 Nov 2014, 16:53 PM

:(
23 Nov 2014, 18:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2014, 05:26 AMVaz
you've got one foot in both camps here now. Your saying it should require micromanagement and you should have to start leaving before the opponent overruns you, but then you say what makes it interesting is that it's fragile and can't get away. What is it? If a 222 suddenly arrives where you are reinforcing, you just lost ambulance. PanzerIV shows up, lost ambulance. Tiger shows up, lost ambulance. Falls come out the building behind you, even if you rip them up, your going to lose that ambulance. The way it is right now, it's very exploitable. Yes I know trading 400mp for a 250/10 unit is not a smart trade, but if timed right it puts USF over the slippery slope. Even with good scouting it is a challenge to get the ambulance out of harms way and micro tends to be trumped by how much of the battlefield you can see.

Yes, I suppose if you have no other the units for a PzIV or whatever to shoot/not drive headlong into because of AT, it might catch your ambulance.

Do you not use true sight to hide your ambulance or something? I'm saying that slow acceleration = start driving sooner. That isn't having a foot in both camps.

23 Nov 2014, 19:11 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2014, 08:44 AMRomeo
I'm honestly amazed that this is even an argument. The ambulance accelerates slower than a king tiger and that's apparently fine. Well, okay then.

could it be alittle faster? maybe but from a conceptual standpoint i don't want it to become a race-car. its healing is amazing ability it can aoe effect heal meaning more than 1 unit at a time as well as reinforcing.
23 Nov 2014, 19:38 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I'm not asking to turn it into a puma I just want it to have like 2 acceleration or 1.8 or something. 1.3 is just sooooooo sloooooow it goes slower than infantry. It's actually faster to cap the map with an RE squad than with medics, which in theory should be a risk-reward situation but really it's just risk. Just like moving an ambulance to the front lines without a major is really just risk and no reward. Why even bother putting it in T1 if you have to leave it in the base until T4 arrives?
23 Nov 2014, 19:48 PM

I'm okay with small tweaks for sure.

Also ambulance can totally cap faster, if you drive him down the road to a distance point.

Which is risky as all hell.

Also you don't have to leave it in your base at all. on maps like semoisiky you can use it in forward positions sinply by keepng a building ir hedge between them and your ambulance. You can also use it slightly behind your troops so they can pull away from an engagement temporarily to heal up then return to the fray. There's a lot of options to use it aggressively, and losing it is still cheap to replace.
23 Nov 2014, 20:53 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I may be exaggerating. I just think that currently the risk outweighs the benefits for most players, myself included. A SLIGHT boost to acceleration/speed would help offset this risk to make more aggressive play more appealing.
24 Nov 2014, 12:11 PM

Which is why it can't reinforce an any unconnected territory. It's not as good as a real half track for that reason.

Immobile bunkers that take explosives or tanks to destroy. And why reinforce from the bunker. The half track can reinforce with no muni expense. None of these things can be easily killed by a single non at infantry squad in mere seconds with little to no chance to escape. I see the ambulance as all risk and little reward. The medic unit inside I prefer over the actual vehicle because he can actually get from point a to n faster and is actually harder to kill......

A real half track would be welcome. I guess the USF gave all the m5s to the soviets......

You can reinforce from an M3 (Mechanized company)
24 Nov 2014, 14:12 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2014, 20:53 PMRomeo
I may be exaggerating. I just think that currently the risk outweighs the benefits for most players, myself included. A SLIGHT boost to acceleration/speed would help offset this risk to make more aggressive play more appealing.

I second this, using the ambulance is way to high a risk.
Higher acceleration/max speed would be most welcome.
24 Nov 2014, 17:55 PM

You can reinforce from an M3 (Mechanized company)

Yes Yes you can. But that reinforcing from a Scout Car in terms of durability and is tied to a lack luster doctrine. Also you cant just replace the HT you need to pay for the Engineers inside as well. But it is better then the Ambulance imho. Take Medic Plop him inside M3 HT and you have something nice.
24 Nov 2014, 21:47 PM
Patrion 28

i wonder if they could heal from the back... doubt it but it would be cool if they could.
24 Nov 2014, 23:10 PM

i wonder if they could heal from the back... doubt it but it would be cool if they could.

Nope I tried. You gotta pop them out to do it. It would be awesome if it came at 2CPs rather then 3. 3 is too late to take advantage of early aggression.
25 Nov 2014, 10:30 AM

The King Tiger costs 260 fuel and has 1.4 acceleration.

Clearly, the solution to the problem is to give the ambulance 1.4 acceleration, and make it 250 fuel more expensive.
26 Nov 2014, 08:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2014, 10:30 AMdpfarce
The King Tiger costs 260 fuel and has 1.4 acceleration.

Clearly, the solution to the problem is to give the ambulance 1.4 acceleration, and make it 250 fuel more expensive.

Dont forgot about monstrous armor on ambulance =)
26 Nov 2014, 11:44 AM

Dont forgot about monstrous armor on ambulance =)

Yea, takes about 1 Ober LMG burst to wreck it :) been there, done that so its not an exaggeration.
26 Nov 2014, 12:12 PM

Someone mentioned some posts back about how bad it would be if the ambulance could "zip around". I'd just say I'd like it to just move a little better. Don't need any reinforcing on the move, or healing on the move, or even a better armor. As it is, even if it escapes with ease, the desired effect goes with it.
nee
28 Nov 2014, 21:42 PM

To me, exchanging the ability to heal on the move for reinforcing on the move eliminates this problem. It's annoying that it's weak and that it's slow, but that's all moot if you can still reinforce while it's making a retreat.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★