Login

russian armor

ISU-152

20 Nov 2014, 13:41 PM

Increase scatter, decrease AOE should be fine then, the Jadg is in a good place now, it would be a breath of fresh air if ISU was in a similar place.
20 Nov 2014, 17:36 PM

This animal still one shots squads regularly, I personally feel like it shouldn't... this could be changed in a number of ways, reduce AOE or accuracy or damage to infantry, something...
23 Nov 2014, 21:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2014, 06:27 AMRMMLz
The problem was (and still is) accuracy and damage against infantry. Reduce the AoE and increase the scatter.

Just decreasing AoE would be enough, no need to make it less consistent also. Good example is StuH from vcoh. Missed a lot (frustrating) but still had potential to do a ridiculous amount of damage when it actually did hit infantry (also frustrating).
23 Nov 2014, 21:39 PM

Just decreasing AoE would be enough, no need to make it less consistent also. Good example is StuH from vcoh. Missed a lot (frustrating) but still had potential to do a ridiculous amount of damage when it actually did hit infantry (also frustrating).

I miss the StuH, That thing was baller and annihilated brits. <444>3
23 Nov 2014, 21:43 PM

it was be...now another worst soviet unit.
23 Nov 2014, 22:03 PM

ISU-152 is now ok.

But i had a game this morning where a Jagdtiger were one shotting conscript squads and at-gun one after another.

In last resort, i assaulted it with 3 conscript squads, 3 at-nades were deflected and then it one shotted my 3 conscripts in row... and it became vet 2....
I rammed it with 2 T-34 and stunned it twice in row while firing at him 3 at-guns. He was able to back but was nearly dead.(I did lost my 2 vet 1 T-34...)

Balanced as the ISU ? I guess not and by far.

But we still won the game...(4vs4).

;)

23 Nov 2014, 22:46 PM

I like the change except for the squad wipe thing. But then again, that's more of a game-mechanic than a unit thing. It's the same with other things, the scotts being the most obvious example.
24 Nov 2014, 15:33 PM

ISU-152 is now ok.

But i had a game this morning where a Jagdtiger were one shotting conscript squads and at-gun one after another.

In last resort, i assaulted it with 3 conscript squads, 3 at-nades were deflected and then it one shotted my 3 conscripts in row... and it became vet 2....
I rammed it with 2 T-34 and stunned it twice in row while firing at him 3 at-guns. He was able to back but was nearly dead.(I did lost my 2 vet 1 T-34...)

Balanced as the ISU ? I guess not and by far.

But we still won the game...(4vs4).

;)

replay or didn't happen
24 Nov 2014, 15:48 PM

I'd definitely say it's balanced now. I'm not sure what the people who say it's still "overperforming" want this unit to do exactly. It's a 152 mm shell. Of course it's going to devastate anything it touches, but now the ISU-152 has some vulnerabilities in-game since it's much easier to bumrush.
24 Nov 2014, 17:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2014, 15:33 PMRupert

replay or didn't happen

It did happen, i'm sure the same thing happen to other players. but i didn't keep the replay.

I'm not here to spread lies, trust me.

As i said we won, the OKW players was losing to much time wiping my units and repairing his beast, he should have help keeping their victory points.

Thanks
2 Dec 2014, 20:27 PM

They should drastically increase the time it takes to switch between AP and HE. 11s is almost no nerf, as predicted it is used with HE to wipe squads left and right, and in case a tank shows up it quickly switches ammo.
2 Dec 2014, 20:53 PM

They should drastically increase the time it takes to switch between AP and HE. 11s is almost no nerf, as predicted it is used with HE to wipe squads left and right, and in case a tank shows up it quickly switches ammo.

Use HE/AP shells to your advantage. All you need is tactic. You can't go in front of ISU's gun and expect you will win. You see HE shells? Show tank, wait for AP shells and while ISU is aiming your tank, send transporter with Pgrens with schreck to flank, get out and kill ISU. This is just one option.

As I said, don't think of HE/AP shells like it is ISU's advantage. Use it for your advantage.
2 Dec 2014, 21:08 PM

decrease AOE,increase reload
2 Dec 2014, 21:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2014, 21:08 PMSoheil
decrease AOE,increase reload

And go back to universal shells from that point of view.
3 Dec 2014, 01:11 AM

Still not the way it should be. No unit in the game should insta-wipe a squad of infantry.
3 Dec 2014, 01:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2014, 15:33 PMRupert

replay or didn't happen

There's no way a JT has ever 1 shot a full health conscript squad in the history of ever. It literally isn't possible - and the only way it'd ever 1 shot an AT gun is if the tank shell actually hits the gun and breaks the gun because of the AT gun itself being at low hp.

Don't make stuff up dude.
3 Dec 2014, 02:49 AM

I miss the StuH, That thing was baller and annihilated brits. <444>3

Ah the stuh , when i was using it in coh : omg in start callins it actually raped early on any sort of map presence the enemy had, was fun :D

but yea isu 152 if you can get it you basicly negate any kind of infantry on the side of axis imo, and usually it wont go alone so if you try to focus him everything else will die, so either try to destroy it from long range or basicly try to go to difrent part of the map where there is no isu and make the enemy drag his isu there. On big maps having isu is punishable but on small not so much
3 Dec 2014, 03:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Dec 2014, 01:44 AMCieZ

There's no way a JT has ever 1 shot a full health conscript squad in the history of ever. It literally isn't possible - and the only way it'd ever 1 shot an AT gun is if the tank shell actually hits the gun and breaks the gun because of the AT gun itself being at low hp.

Don't make stuff up dude.

I never saw a JT did that , but i saw a tiger vet 2 that did exactly that. Just this morning.

But it was a conjunction of it's mgs and its gun. it killed conscript and light at-gun as they didn't existed...

In addition :
It was a 4vs4 on Lienne Forest, we hold 80% of the map and bingo, they pop 2 JTs, a panther, and 2 tigers...

One of the German had 2 Opel trucks we did saw in the back... ( the one with 2 tigers...) they didn't bother to retake ground, they just raped our bases....They were also good players.

But when that wall of steel started to attack, nothing we had could stopped them. I saw a Jackson shot 2 time one of the JT on the side and doing nothing at all...nothing. ( i watched the replay to understand what went wrong). We where at 500 vp and they were at 100 when the started to attack.

Boy that was depressing...
3 Dec 2014, 03:17 AM

While not as unbelievable now as it was before this unit still regularly one shots German infantry. While HE shells makes it vulnerable to tanks it still negates late game German infantry and their vet and is boring. The unit needs another way to address the problem.
3 Dec 2014, 05:03 AM

I never saw a JT did that , but i saw a tiger vet 2 that did exactly that. Just this morning.

But it was a conjunction of it's mgs and its gun. it killed conscript and light at-gun as they didn't existed...

In addition :
It was a 4vs4 on Lienne Forest, we hold 80% of the map and bingo, they pop 2 JTs, a panther, and 2 tigers...

One of the German had 2 Opel trucks we did saw in the back... ( the one with 2 tigers...) they didn't bother to retake ground, they just raped our bases....They were also good players.

But when that wall of steel started to attack, nothing we had could stopped them. I saw a Jackson shot 2 time one of the JT on the side and doing nothing at all...nothing. ( i watched the replay to understand what went wrong). We where at 500 vp and they were at 100 when the started to attack.

Boy that was depressing...

Oh my bad, for some reason I thought you were saying that a JT did all that.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★