Login

russian armor

Jagdtiger

PAGES (10)down
21 Nov 2014, 23:18 PM
Donator 11

As for scouting for jagttiger: try veted luchs in hidden mode.
21 Nov 2014, 23:28 PM

Or pfusilier flares.

Do people even remember or know they exist?
21 Nov 2014, 23:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2014, 23:28 PMKatitof

Or pfusilier flares.

Combined arms are not something for Axis :banana:
22 Nov 2014, 04:19 AM

See, this is the problem with whiners and their theorycrafting.

Vetted Luchs in hiddden mode?

If OKW can get a Luchs and still manage to accumulate 290 fuel without hard AT, the allied player lost already as the only chance I see this happening in 1v1 is when OKW caps both fuels and pretty much owns the entire map. Even at equal fuel setting this makes little sense.

In most 1v1 matches OKW rarely hits 20 fuel/min due to harassment if both players are of equal skill.
To get luchs +jagdtiger it will take 40+80+50+290 fuel, skipping tier 3. That is over 460 fuel... which, in a regular 1v1 game, would take over 20 minutes minimum.
Not to mention that OKW has no hard AT that does not cost fuel (Hope no idiot claims raketen or shreks hard AT), so OKW must stop shermans and t34s with tier1 units which are only effective when blobbed - effectively giving up map control-, until 290 fuel is amassed for Jagdtiger... I think you can 3 cap VPs and win during that time.

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2014, 23:28 PMKatitof

Or pfusilier flares.

Yes, a 45 munition for a short range flare every time Jagdtiger wants to take a shot?
With all your Volks wiping here and then, along with mines required to protect Jagdtiger flank, there could be better use of munition especially for OKW which already suffers from lack of munitions. Do these people even play OKW?

Combined arms are not something for Axis :banana:

Because one unit effectively counters every "combined" effort OKW can put up?

If OKW squeezes out a Jagdtiger, his army won't be very combined at all. This is more of a faction design issue but nevertheless very true in a realistic setting.
If OKW somehow manages to get all the units he wants on the field then sure, but that will take nearly 30 minutes wihtout any unit loss or cap harassment - which means the allied player has gone AFK or lacks basic competence.

22 Nov 2014, 07:57 AM

What changes were implemented? I thought only the ability was changed and nothing else ???

Edit: It appears it was the ability to shoot through terrain, which I think is fine but only if you increase the range significantly or decrease the cost significantly...otherwise it would be a waste to spend 290 fuel on the JT.

Russian have many units that are simmilar.. a waste to spend a fuel on them... :=)
22 Nov 2014, 08:27 AM

Allow it to fire HE on infantry, and lower the ridiculous crew stun chance.
22 Nov 2014, 10:32 AM

Yeah, let's get some Jagd HE, see what ISU lovers say about it. I'm guessing "Ugh, it can kill tanks AND inf, it's disgusting, poor Sovs have nothing like this!"

But really I think it should be given more speed, less shocks, lower fuel, less armour.

350 eq. fuel is way too much when all it has is a slightly longer range and a big punch.
22 Nov 2014, 15:59 PM

You will have to go T4 and Luchs which will cost you a lot of fuel and your JT will be too late on the field.
22 Nov 2014, 16:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2014, 15:59 PMMettiu

You will have to go T4 and Luchs which will cost you a lot of fuel and your JT will be too late on the field.

Yes but also you can complety punish allied infantry so the question is, is it worth to spend 50 fuel to make 4/5/6/7/800 MP drain? I think it is. It will delay JT but also allied tank.
22 Nov 2014, 16:20 PM
Donator 33

Yes but also you can complety punish allied infantry so the question is, is it worth to spend 50 fuel to make 4/5/6/7/800 MP drain? I think it is. It will delay JT but also allied tank.

It's 80 + 50 fuel and why does it delay allied tanks? The T-34 and sherman arrive only slightly later and there's at least one AT gun by the time OKW got a Luchs.

A well mico'd Luchs definitely has the potential to drain a lot of MP but there're a lot of counters available when it comes out.

At least in 1v1 you need T1 for healing and T2 for fuel conversion. If you want to go for a JT, T4 + Luchs is too expensive.
22 Nov 2014, 16:30 PM

It's 80 + 50 fuel and why does it delay allied tanks? The T-34 and sherman arrive only slightly later and there's at least one AT gun by the time OKW got a Luchs.

A well mico'd Luchs definitely has the potential to drain a lot of MP but there're a lot of counters available when it comes out.

At least in 1v1 you need T1 for healing and T2 for fuel conversion. If you want to go for a JT, T4 + Luchs is too expensive.

It delays tanks because allies need to recrew inf first.
And since KT is avaible in 1v1, there is no reason why JT would not be.
22 Nov 2014, 16:48 PM
Donator 33

It delays tanks because allies need to recrew inf first.
And since KT is avaible in 1v1, there is no reason why JT would not be.

Recrewing inf is not that expensive if you don't let the luchs rape your whole army.

KT is available in 1v1 but it's even more expensive than a JT. The reason I don't see anyone using a JT (I don't use it myself as well) in 1v1 is because it's only AT, it's slow as hell, and does require a lot of support.

It's better to go for a Panther in 1v1s. A King Tiger is good against inf and tanks and is not as vulnerable to flanks as a JT. That's why I prefer a King Tiger instead of a JT but it's also expensive as hell.
22 Nov 2014, 21:17 PM

mmmm still JT is good but GIVE them some sight or recon or somthing like scope (nor to vet fussilier sight).jt is blind
22 Nov 2014, 22:01 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2014, 04:19 AMRupert

See, this is the problem with whiners and their theorycrafting.

Vetted Luchs in hiddden mode?

If OKW can get a Luchs and still manage to accumulate 290 fuel without hard AT, the allied player lost already as the only chance I see this happening in 1v1 is when OKW caps both fuels and pretty much owns the entire map. Even at equal fuel setting this makes little sense.

In most 1v1 matches OKW rarely hits 20 fuel/min due to harassment if both players are of equal skill.
To get luchs +jagdtiger it will take 40+80+50+290 fuel, skipping tier 3. That is over 460 fuel... which, in a regular 1v1 game, would take over 20 minutes minimum.
Not to mention that OKW has no hard AT that does not cost fuel (Hope no idiot claims raketen or shreks hard AT), so OKW must stop shermans and t34s with tier1 units which are only effective when blobbed - effectively giving up map control-, until 290 fuel is amassed for Jagdtiger... I think you can 3 cap VPs and win during that time.

Yes, a 45 munition for a short range flare every time Jagdtiger wants to take a shot?
With all your Volks wiping here and then, along with mines required to protect Jagdtiger flank, there could be better use of munition especially for OKW which already suffers from lack of munitions. Do these people even play OKW?

Because one unit effectively counters every "combined" effort OKW can put up?

If OKW squeezes out a Jagdtiger, his army won't be very combined at all. This is more of a faction design issue but nevertheless very true in a realistic setting.
If OKW somehow manages to get all the units he wants on the field then sure, but that will take nearly 30 minutes wihtout any unit loss or cap harassment - which means the allied player has gone AFK or lacks basic competence.

Are we really discussing jagttiger in 1v1? O.o that kind of choice should be punished with "defeat" banner immidately not to waste both players time. Jagd has no place in 1v1 and souldn't have, it's kind of obvious for such expensive unit that only counters tanks, 1 enemy cannot even field enough tanks to make it worth it and can float you with infantry as long as he is not complete idiot.
23 Nov 2014, 01:34 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Elephant is really a hipster choice if you want to counter an ISU...Going Jadg on 1v1 is just BM against a lower skilled opponent.
23 Nov 2014, 08:45 AM

Are we really discussing jagttiger in 1v1? O.o that kind of choice should be punished with "defeat" banner immidately not to waste both players time. Jagd has no place in 1v1 and souldn't have, it's kind of obvious for such expensive unit that only counters tanks, 1 enemy cannot even field enough tanks to make it worth it and can float you with infantry as long as he is not complete idiot.

Once ISU hits the field with guards, AT-guns and mines covering its back, flanking is no longer an option.

HelpingHans and many other top ranked players end up picking Jagdtiger in 1v1s as well despite the nerf, because are simply no counters against ISU past 30 minute mark when Soviets have 300+ munitions to spam mines

I really hate argumentum ab auctoritate but I don't think you can simply put away Jagdtiger not viable for 1v1.

23 Nov 2014, 22:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2014, 08:45 AMRupert

Once ISU hits the field with guards, AT-guns and mines covering its back, flanking is no longer an option.

HelpingHans and many other top ranked players end up picking Jagdtiger in 1v1s as well despite the nerf, because are simply no counters against ISU past 30 minute mark when Soviets have 300+ munitions to spam mines

I really hate argumentum ab auctoritate but I don't think you can simply put away Jagdtiger not viable for 1v1.

completely agree just defned isu and watch&drink&smoking...enjoy
24 Nov 2014, 00:02 AM

Jadgtiger is still a bit overpower. It's armor is nearly impenetrable and it's repaired to way too fast.
24 Nov 2014, 00:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2014, 22:35 PMSoheil
jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2014, 08:45 AMRupert

[/quote
completely agree just defned isu and watch&drink&smoking...enjoy

well jagdtiger is gonna counter the isu.. it has much better range and armor
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak