Option Distribution Votes
63%
37%
Total votes: 135
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
19 Nov 2014, 18:34 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

The Jagdtiger has received some well-deserved changes. So what does everyone think? Can I finally archive its card or does it need further teaking?
19 Nov 2014, 18:44 PM

Imo it was good that the ignoring of shotblockers was removed. But it didn´t got anything in exchange. I think now the stunning needs to go OR the price needs to go down.
19 Nov 2014, 18:58 PM

It was a good change, but now it does not perform very well. I think it should have a slight price reduction. The damage and the range are still solid but I think it should get something in return. Even a slight movement speed increase is good.
and
19 Nov 2014, 19:00 PM

No. Heavy tanks in general are still quite ridiculous in the way of how much more easy they are to use, keep alive and accumulate vet over medium tanks.

I think that heavy tanks needs to be completely overhauled, such that they are more in line with medium tanks. This could for example be reducing their cost and survivability at the same time. This should make flanking more likely to pay off.

I'm glad that heavy tanks are somewhat more rare in 1v1, but if/when they arrive they basically nullify medium tanks, including dedicated tank destroyers!
19 Nov 2014, 19:02 PM

Well it was kinda OP, and Relic took out the unfair aspect out of it. Not sure why you want to add something to it as compensation
19 Nov 2014, 19:04 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2014, 19:00 PMand
No. Heavy tanks in general are still quite ridiculous in the way of how much more easy they are to use, keep alive and accumulate vet over medium tanks.

I think that heavy tanks needs to be completely overhauled, such that they are more in line with medium tanks. This could for example be reducing their cost and survivability at the same time. This should make flanking more likely to pay off.

I'm glad that heavy tanks are somewhat more rare in 1v1, but if/when they arrive they basically nullify medium tanks, including dedicated tank destroyers!

Okay, but this thread is about the jagdtiger specifically not all heavy tanks in general.
19 Nov 2014, 19:07 PM

Shooting through objects was a game breaking feature, why use flanks and try to out smart your opponent when they could just shoot through buildings? It doesn't need compensation
19 Nov 2014, 19:07 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2014, 19:02 PMNinjaWJ
Well it was kinda OP, and Relic took out the unfair aspect out of it. Not sure why you want to add something to it as compensation

A price reduction for example doesn't seem unreasonable to me.
19 Nov 2014, 19:09 PM

If i am not mistaken the Elefant is now better in all aspects but in terms of range.

Meaning the Jagdtiger is bad now, it need something to compensate
19 Nov 2014, 19:10 PM

The Jagdtiger was good on every 4v4 map, unlike the ISU. The Jagdtiger could shoot through buildings, trees, etc. This made the Jagdtiger an excellent unit in that gamemode, to the point where it is OP in 4v4s.

Now that it the shooting-shooting-through objects feature is gone, it requires more skill to utilize its advantages (range, firepower, armor). It will still be potent with good positioning and will still be a dominant force in open maps, but it can now be flanked easier in maps with buildings, obstacles, etc.
19 Nov 2014, 19:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2014, 19:02 PMNinjaWJ

It's not about compensating, it's about making it worth calling. Back then JT could counter everything (which was OP) but right now there is no point calling it. I meant it needs more tweaks to be worth investing for. For example, increase the movement speed but reduce the range and price . This way you gotta move it to the front line and risk getting flanked if you want the huge damage. I want it to be interesting, not OP.
19 Nov 2014, 19:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2014, 19:11 PMRMMLz

It's not about compensating, it's about making it worth calling. Back then JT could counter everything (which was OP) but right now there is no point calling it. I meant it needs more tweaks to be worth investing for. For example, increase the movement speed but reduce the range and price . This way you gotta move it to the front line and risk getting flanked if you want the huge damage. I want it to be interesting, not OP.
what? It has 85 range and impenetrable armor if you can't use that to your advantage its a l2p issue
19 Nov 2014, 19:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2014, 19:11 PMRMMLz

Well im okay with it countering everything because it is one of the best AT units in the war and in the game, BUT it was doing this while shooting through obstacles and normal shot-blockers, which made it OP. Now, imo, it is balanced ( i cringe while typing this), it doesn't make sense to add more to it as an incentive to call-in. It already has amazing armor, gun, and range.
19 Nov 2014, 19:24 PM

what? It has 85 range and impenetrable armor if you can't use that to your advantage its a l2p issue

Well you are correct about the range and the armor, but I think A panther and another vehicle (depending on the enemy) suites me better, or even 2 panthers if I don't have to rush for a puma or a Luchs. Oh and keep in mind that I was talking about 1v1 and 2v2s (smaller maps and flanking everything). But in larger games your point is valid.
19 Nov 2014, 21:02 PM
Donator 22

Make them as fast as the ISU is, with the engine upgrade. Nerf was needed, but now it is a very expensive elefant on steroids.
19 Nov 2014, 21:08 PM

If i am not mistaken the Elefant is now better in all aspects but in terms of range.

Meaning the Jagdtiger is bad now, it need something to compensate

More armor, longer range, more penetration

the most important part is what else will be with the unit. The Elefant is called in from a balanced faction, and the jagdtiger is called in from the Ubermensch SS-Relic division
19 Nov 2014, 21:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2014, 18:44 PMCassius
Imo it was good that the ignoring of shotblockers was removed. But it didn´t got anything in exchange. I think now the stunning needs to go OR the price needs to go down.

When you are nerfing something, you don't give anything in exchange.

Thats why its called nerfing and not relocating stats.
19 Nov 2014, 21:45 PM
Donator 11

Both jagttiger and isu are quite well ballanced right now, the only problem I can see is that the ability to use one shotblocker piercing shot is way too expensive (90 muni) for what it does, it's just not worth it if you compare it to air strike or sector artillery. It should cost no more than 60 munitions, 50 is the best choice I belive.
and
19 Nov 2014, 22:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2014, 19:04 PMRomeo
Okay, but this thread is about the jagdtiger specifically not all heavy tanks in general.

Two sides of the same coin? I agree that the jagdtiger specifically might not be more broken than other heavy tanks now. But I still think the jagdtiger needs more changes (together with the other heavies).
19 Nov 2014, 22:56 PM

Jad is basically useless now, not very cost effective for what you get. I think a range increase would bode well for it.

Jad= Elite AT
ISU= Elite AI, AT, and AA (.50cal shooting down recons easily), stronger armor, costs less than the jad.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS