Login

russian armor

Thoughts on the Recent Jagdtiger and ISU Changes?

18 Nov 2014, 22:04 PM

Hi, as some of you may or may not know, the ISU and Jagdtiger were recently nerfed, Jagdtiger lost its ability to shoot through objects and the ISU now has an ammunition swap mechanism where AP and HE rounds must be toggled. What do you guys think of these changes? Are these units better or worse now?

I have played four games since these ninja changes and i think these two units are in a much better place. You can no longer a-move the ISU and wreck everything; there is a clear difference the AP and HE rounds. It is also less frustrating to deal against the Jagdtiger. It now has to expose itself when firing, making it easier to flank and damage it. It can no longer camp behind a house and snipe your tanks, which is a welcome sight.

My only (minor) complaint is that the AP round on the ISU could do a bit more damage, as HE still seems like a better option. However, i am content with the changes.
18 Nov 2014, 22:52 PM

I am very happy with these changes, I have enjoyed my games more :)
19 Nov 2014, 05:08 AM

My GTX660 can't run this game smoothly after the big patch....the game needs some serious optimization, and yeah, the JT and ISU-152 are welcome, now some Jumbo and T-34/85 for non-doctrinal option for allies
19 Nov 2014, 05:23 AM

uh... turn your graphics down man ... i got a 560 , and im running it fine (as in Low) :D
Love the Change's , less frustrating games, and a lot more fun ^^
19 Nov 2014, 06:14 AM

Yeah, the changes are good for the whole gameplay, it's more fun now and better balanced. And you should really use the AP rounds on the isu, without it you can't penetrate a panther from the front.
19 Nov 2014, 06:21 AM
Donator 11

Still think ISU is too accurate vs infantry.
19 Nov 2014, 07:07 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

I'm glad they have been nerfed, and I would be happy to see them nerfed even more.
19 Nov 2014, 07:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2014, 22:04 PMNinjaWJ
My only (minor) complaint is that the AP round on the ISU could do a bit more damage, as HE still seems like a better option. However, i am content with the changes.

It is already an anti-everything-unit with a range of 70 and the ability to spot for itself, it does not need any more AT capability.
19 Nov 2014, 07:31 AM

ISU-152 still wipes entire squads with one shot far too often. It's a game breaking unit when it does that. It should do similar damage to what the StuH did in vCoH. This whole one shotting inf squads with a shell that hits so fast that it gives you no reaction time is total bullshit.
19 Nov 2014, 07:52 AM

I'm glad they have been nerfed, and I would be happy to see them nerfed even more.

Nah, I guess it's enough. Noobs gotta have their chances too :P
19 Nov 2014, 08:11 AM

Every nerf on ISU/JT is welcome.
They won't be taken out of the game but they can be nerfed to dead which will be the same.
19 Nov 2014, 08:43 AM

Every nerf on ISU/JT is welcome.
They won't be taken out of the game but they can be nerfed to dead which will be the same.

Im not using ISU often. In fact I'm experimenting with SU-85 and ML-20 but... What will Soviets use in teamgames if ISU would be nefred to the ground? One doctrine with IS2 and B4? Wait... Some want to nefr B4 also, so there will be one IS2 doctrine and t34/76 spam vs King Tiger :lol:

God bless Relic for removing JT shots through everything. Now you can flank!
19 Nov 2014, 09:01 AM

Good work Relic. Better balance for large team games. :clap:
19 Nov 2014, 10:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2014, 06:21 AMspajn
Still think ISU is too accurate vs infantry.

True that. I have used ISU in every single game post-patch, and I have to say the change is great but every HE shot wipes at least 3 models and the amount of insta-wipes is too damn high (specially after the changes in the cover system). This change is in the right direction, but they should nerf either accuracy or damage/AoE.
19 Nov 2014, 11:11 AM

Mwa I don t have problems anymore with ISU / JT.

ISU now feels really killable if you lure him into using the wrong shells.
19 Nov 2014, 12:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2014, 10:42 AMRMMLz

True that. I have used ISU in every single game post-patch, and I have to say the change is great but every HE shot wipes at least 3 models and the amount of insta-wipes is too damn high (specially after the changes in the cover system). This change is in the right direction, but they should nerf either accuracy or damage/AoE.

Yeah, AoE with the new cover system needs to be looked at (and not only for ISU).
19 Nov 2014, 12:46 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It may not work as much on 1v1 but i expect to still see it on 2v2+. Time will tell how meta evolves.
19 Nov 2014, 12:52 PM

Yeah, AoE with the new cover system needs to be looked at (and not only for ISU).

True, this is an issue with the new cover system however, and affects all AoE weapons, including mortars and tank shells.
I think they have two options here: either revise the squad AI again to make them clump up less, or do a balance pass on every AoE weapon in the game.
The latter would probably be a lot more work, but would also allow for some changes to units that might need them- such as the Panzerwerfer, LeFH18, ML-20, B-4 or SU-76.
19 Nov 2014, 13:41 PM

The ISU-152 is still as broken as before, as it still self-spots and one-shots entire squads (reliably so thanks to the new cover mechanics) out of the fog of war.
(And on first glance, an 11 second timer for the shell switching ability doesn't really seem all that long, but I could be wrong there; still need to test this.)
19 Nov 2014, 15:02 PM

The ISU-152 is still as broken as before, as it still self-spots and one-shots entire squads (reliably so thanks to the new cover mechanics) out of the fog of war.
(And on first glance, an 11 second timer for the shell switching ability doesn't really seem all that long, but I could be wrong there; still need to test this.)

I have tested it, and if you support your ISU with a few squads and one ATG, Nothing is really changed. Although the change is good, but there should be more tweaks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 16
Germany 0
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak