Login

russian armor

Please help i dont know what i could do :(

18 Nov 2014, 14:17 PM

i have the replay link below please help/suggest
I had upper hand most part of game dint give him both fuel point took out his flak HQ with jackson + flare , dropped white phosporus barrage over and over on infy concentration, yet this OKW guy managed to crawl back and build a PAK next to healing HQ and i couldnt flank this postion at all ubers drained my MP after having upper hand for all game i had to give up i couldnt take so many losses :(

That snow make ubers god as Rifles are stuck and doing penguin walks and obers are gunning them down even with 2 squads of Rifles i couldnt close in on these guys.:help:

I couldnt invest in captian as i rused Major to take get jackson out to take out his FLak HQ did this cost me the game?:faint:

i might have won this but i dont know how i could have come back.

Replay:

19 Nov 2014, 10:20 AM

I have not watched the replay yet, but when you see Ubers, you go Scott. I know the feeling of having the upper hand, yet losing the game.
19 Nov 2014, 10:25 AM

Story of my life, almost always start off with the advantage and it slowly goes down hill as the game goes on.
19 Nov 2014, 10:48 AM
Donator 11

Hello ImSkemo,

I cant watch the replay right now but im going to try to help you.

In Semoskiy Winter I usually start with a Rear Echelon and 3 rifles. You should have more map control than your opponent.

Dont choose Lieutenant or Captain versus OKW until you know that a Puma is coming or a combo of Medic HQ + Flak HQ.

Get heal after 3rd rifle because you should not drain manpower.

Don`t risk your units, OKW players always play very defensive.

Howitzer is a good way (from captain)

Good luck :thumb:

19 Nov 2014, 10:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2014, 10:20 AMRMMLz
I have not watched the replay yet, but when you see Ubers, you go Scott. I know the feeling of having the upper hand, yet losing the game.

i went with 2 shermans..

scotts die quickly to the PAK 43 emplacements.

I went with Elite Rifleman doctrine so dint have an callin artillery. i was relying on jackson + Rifle flare to snipe his base and White phosposhorus smoke barrage to detter his infantry blobs.

although i think a HMG crew instead of static fighting positon could have been usefull, i am terrible at using US HMG i loose them pretty quickly so i refrain from getting one.

the WP barrage lowers the health of units to 1 or 2% but it doesnt kill models like incendiary barrages.:*(

19 Nov 2014, 11:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2014, 10:48 AMjesulin
Hello ImSkemo,

I cant watch the replay right now but im going to try to help you.

In Semoskiy Winter I usually start with a Rear Echelon and 3 rifles. You should have more map control than your opponent.

Dont choose Lieutenant or Captain versus OKW until you know that a Puma is coming or a combo of Medic HQ + Flak HQ.

Get heal after 3rd rifle because you should not drain manpower.

Don`t risk your units, OKW players always play very defensive.

Howitzer is a good way (from captain)

Good luck :thumb:

thanks for the Tips sir, I am in love with the Elite rifle man doctrine as it will almost always grant me a early win if the opp goes Kubel start (after patch Kubels are easy to kill), i will try to watch more replays of 1v1 on this map.

its the choice of armor im confused with i rush a Jackson if i see a aggresive flak emplacement so i can use rifle flare to snipe his falk HQ before he can get a panther out. but this leaves me vulnerable to his infantry pushes as my sherman/scott will be delayed this is where im struggling if i get sherman out first then when panther arrives i will have a single jackson which is hard for me to micro(vloks shrecks squads). (i dont go captain as i go LT always to put some early game pressure)

you said not to choose LT or Cap untill i know whats coming my way so what do i do to bridge the gap untill then? build more RF or Fighting postion or cache?
19 Nov 2014, 11:30 AM

I have watched the replay and it shows effectively how easy is it to maintain an OKW army compared with a USF one. The amount of MP available for a OKW player till obers hit the field is always incredible.

But anyway, you didn't made any big mistakes during the game until you lost half of your squads for nothing valuable.

1- You lost your M36 quite stupidly
2- You lost your Half-track a bit stupidly as well same if you made the trade by kill a bunch of unit with, it is a support unit, not aimed to rush his trucks.
3- You had some time of luck by catching his trucks before he could deploy them.
4- Why didn't you establish a forwarded retreat point with your major + ambulance, you could have put more pressure on him.

You definitively should have build 1 scott.

His army was purely infantry, a scott with a bit of luck would a depop a lot of his men and force him to take risks to counter it.

Aside, a munition cache would have help to spam more phosphorus or simply to buy couple of BARs to your vet3 rifles. Or having 1 or 2 flammers as well, that could have make the difference.

I think he won because he had better nerves.

A Phosphorus barrage on the PAK43 + a scott barrage would have simply depop his crew. With the right push with your rifles and sherman at the same time, it would probably have make the difference.

By the way, it is easy to say aftermatch but you could have flank with your tanks from North and take his medic truck. His PAK43 wasn't able to fire at you in this case.
19 Nov 2014, 11:34 AM
Donator 11

Hello again ImSkemo,

In my opinion Rifle Company is not a good doctrine in open maps like Semoskiy Winter.

Choose commander early means that your opponent is going to adapt your strategy.

If your enemy go fast Flak HQ means that he doesnt have any vehicle until Panzer II or Luch.

You should need long range units, I usually go Paras with LMG on that map, they do an incredible damage.

If Flak HQ is setup at min 10 means:

At min 13 a Panzer II comes.
At min 18 a Panther comes.

You should be able to unlock Major at min 10-11. Before you should go LT with a heavy M20 rush or a AH to force your opponent to build a puma instead of rush a Flak HQ.

Rush a Scott if the enemy camp with Volks on middle. If you are having problems of map control you should try a Sherman with HE rounds and pray to RNG god to drain OKW manpower killing Volksgranadiers.

I dont know if you understand me, but I hope yes.
19 Nov 2014, 12:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2014, 11:30 AMEsxile

But anyway, you didn't made any big mistakes during the game until you lost half of your squads for nothing valuable.

You lost your M36 quite stupidly

thanks for your feedback i kinda had feeling that this guy was very passive so i pushed it very aggressively thought he might cancel forward/retreat and go all the way back to his base. I dint notice a flak HQ that had setup already next to it that was stupid of me i got over confident i guess.

(who would risk to build a flak HQ when there is huge fight braking right next to it ) Like you said he had better nerves :)
19 Nov 2014, 12:57 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2014, 11:34 AMjesulin
Hello again ImSkemo,

In my opinion Rifle Company is not a good doctrine in open maps like Semoskiy Winter.

Choose commander early means that your opponent is going to adapt your strategy.

If your enemy go fast Flak HQ means that he doesnt have any vehicle until Panzer II or Luch.

You should need long range units, I usually go Paras with LMG on that map, they do an incredible damage.

If Flak HQ is setup at min 10 means:

At min 13 a Panzer II comes.
At min 18 a Panther comes.

You should be able to unlock Major at min 10-11. Before you should go LT with a heavy M20 rush or a AH to force your opponent to build a puma instead of rush a Flak HQ.

Rush a Scott if the enemy camp with Volks on middle. If you are having problems of map control you should try a Sherman with HE rounds and pray to RNG god to drain OKW manpower killing Volksgranadiers.

I dont know if you understand me, but I hope yes.

Good tips :D What commander do you recommend?
19 Nov 2014, 13:15 PM

i learnt from Jesulin that its better to be reactive than proactive, he suggested airborne for this map i will try out. But Im more of a proactive guy I plan ahead and make by best effort to adapt if my opp counters my plan.
20 Nov 2014, 11:29 AM
Donator 11

Very difficult choice.

Hard to explain. :snfCHVGame: :snfCHVGame: :snfCHVGame:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight