Login

russian armor

Possible Rifle Grenade Bug

Vaz
18 Nov 2014, 10:43 AM

I've been noticing sometimes in the last few patches, including the current one, that sometimes Grenadiers rifle grenade will shoot before it's animation, delaying all detection to significantly less than 1/2 a second. I don't know why it occurs or if it's controllable, but here is some proof and documentation.

I'm including a replay, which you can see the event at the Church, between a Grenadier and Airborne squad. The rg is launched and right after the midpoint of the arch, the grenadier begins the animation, at time 19:17. Here are some photos if you don't want to download the replay.

This first screenshot shows the grenade just before it's midpoint. I captured it so the projectile could be seen against the contrasting snow covered roof behind it. You can clearly see the grenadier has not done the animation.

Here you can see the grenadier start the animation

You can now see the grenade is just about to impact and the grenadier squad is still in the late animation. I've circled the projectile, it's very hard to see, but it leaves a tail which you may be able to see (it seems my red circles only show up on photobuckets site, so click picture if you can't see the grenade).

Here is the impact and the grenadier finishes the animation at the time of impact.

•  
18 Nov 2014, 12:15 PM

I thought it was just lag actually. Seeing my rifle grenade firing before the guy actually fires really lets me hi the enemy without him noticing anything. I kinda hate it because it feels like cheating. If this is an issue, wouldn't it be worth mentioning at Romeo's issue tracker?
18 Nov 2014, 12:30 PM

Reminds me of the trick you could do in vCoh with riflemen. You would issue multiple move commands towards cover and rifles would throw the nade on the move with no animation at all.

Can't find the video right now :(
Vaz
18 Nov 2014, 12:53 PM

You don't need to issue a lot of orders. It used to be possible in coh2 as well. The idea is that you issue the grenade throw order while your squad meets the criteria of:

Squad is in motion
at least 1 entity from the squad is in throwing range

If those are all true, then one entity will stop to throw, while the others complete the move order. The thrower will catch up after the animation.

Supposedly a recent coh2 patch put an end to this. Now the whole squad will stop if a grenade order is issued by the player.
Only Relic postRelic 27 Nov 2014, 03:14 AM
Developer Relic Badge

This has been sent to the team :)
27 Nov 2014, 05:42 AM
Patrion 28

had this happen in a game recently. i wasn't letting my squad stay still so it didn't hit but there was no animation, just the firing sound and the nade.
27 Nov 2014, 14:22 PM

I see all kinds of Bugs that help Rnade. I have personally seen the no animation bug I have also had several "Delayed Responses" GRENADE yelled as it lands rather then when its fired.

Rnade makes Precision strike look forgiving nowadays.
27 Nov 2014, 15:23 PM

This has been sent to the team :)

There's more than just animation bugs. There are times when in combat or under suppression that the grenadiers and even panzergrenadiers completely ignore grenade orders. It's been a headache.
27 Nov 2014, 17:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2014, 15:23 PMSierra

There's more than just animation bugs. There are times when in combat or under suppression that the grenadiers and even panzergrenadiers completely ignore grenade orders. It's been a headache.

I can't count the number of times i ordered my grens to shoot their rnade + a shift move order then switched to micro something else, then cycled back to them only to see the rnade icon being "active" (yellow border, greyed picture), and they are absolutely doing nothing (you have then to order a stop command for the idling to cease, but thank god, the nade is not spent or on CD either). I suspect this happens more when you fire a Rnade in the extended range that Vet2 provides.
27 Nov 2014, 18:09 PM
Donator 11

If you watch the replay closely you can see that the time from issuing granade order to shooting it is correct (watch the icon). That situation is connected to the fact that the guy who starts the animation is killed in the middle of it (the one closest to the axis base) so the other guy just finishes it (to make the time correct) and then crouches (which is funny but not exactly a bug). Of course it's much harder to see then but I would not call it a bug, the timings are more important for program itself than the animation. The good thing is that it's connected with killing an enemy so there is no way to perform it on purpouse.
I strongly belive that it happens to all granade animations but it's the easiest to see on the longest one - riflenade. I have also seen this with penals explosives but it happens only when both models are in range (that is pretty small on explosive and huge on riflenade).
Vaz
27 Nov 2014, 19:21 PM

molotov is the longest grenade animation
27 Nov 2014, 21:38 PM

I have also had several "Delayed Responses" GRENADE yelled as it lands rather then when its fired.

This could be an old bug that has reared his ugly head up again. This problem used to be in the game months ago but was patched out. I have sort of noticed it too, I would hear "grenade!" immediately pan over to the squad, only to see half the squad dead in a small crater.
28 Nov 2014, 09:48 AM

I believe the bug affecting Rifle Grenades may also be affecting Riflemen AT Rifle Grenades. Riflemen never seem to kneel to actually shoot the AT Rifle Grenade. Of course that ability is so buggy it might be something else entirely...

Something else as well. Infantry will often scream "Grenade!" when they themselves throw a grenade. It can get quite confusing.
2 Dec 2014, 10:32 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2014, 09:48 AMCabreza
I believe the bug affecting Rifle Grenades may also be affecting Riflemen AT Rifle Grenades. Riflemen never seem to kneel to actually shoot the AT Rifle Grenade. Of course that ability is so buggy it might be something else entirely...

Something else as well. Infantry will often scream "Grenade!" when they themselves throw a grenade. It can get quite confusing.

In terms of the AT rifle nade problem, that is not actually a problem. US soldiers in game fire the riflenade standing up. The "animation" is one of the soldiers aiming his rifle slightly higher, then holding fire for 3 seconds, then the riflenade launching with the sound of opening champagne.

The "grenade" voiceover I think is caused by having a grenade targeted close to one of your squads, who don't know the difference between friendly and enemy grenades. They only know where it will land.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★