Login

russian armor

Ninja Changes - Post findings here

18 Nov 2014, 20:10 PM

IDK if this is new or not, but you can sort the bulletins and skins according to unit type. I think it's new. Either way, I like it :p

Yeah that's new, I know because I was looking for something like that before but didn't find it.

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2014, 14:49 PMTobis
They are adding something new to warspoils. If you look on the main menu at the loadout you can see a new slot next to victory strike, and if you filter by it you can see there is a gap in the filter categories screen where something new would go.

If you look, there's a new tab that says "Decals". If you hover over it for description, it says "Vehicle Decals". Not sure what that is yet, but something was added.
18 Nov 2014, 20:11 PM

We should stop call these changes "ninja patches" because these changes are sometimes put in there by mistake. In this case though we could call it a "happy accident"..
18 Nov 2014, 20:12 PM

Nah, changes just slip through the cracks. When we release a patch for CoH:EF, we run into the same problem. When you have many developers submitting many changes, and some of those changes affect or negate other changes, it gets hard to keep track of everything, and I would say writing the damn changelog is the hardest thing to do when releases a big patch

This was a significant change, so "stuff slip through the cracks" doesn't apply here IMO.I would go as far to say that some folks who just purchased WFA-OKW may feel ripped off.

First zeroing arty, then volks "fuse time" etc and now the jagdtiger.

What's next? Probably removing the whole faction from the game :lol:

I don't care about this nerf(Though I would perfer decreasing the range instead) . But the developers are acting as if they don't understand anything about game design or balance themselves , and instead react to every rant by either a frustrated new player, or some top player who is asking to "Buff" his/her winning platform (favorite faction) . And then they decide to make some drastic changes, "yeah let's keep our kids happy".:D This is a nice mindset, but it can be done more professionally.

Btw, I'm not calling all balance threads as "noobish rants". There are some professional and well-thought-out content on the balance forums.
18 Nov 2014, 21:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2014, 20:03 PMcarloff

You kinda strange dev. As a system analitic at full time job I always recive ALL changes done by programmers. But this changes almost never done without my permission. The chain like - i give to coder all the changes - he work to put them in - then i got all changes and start to testing it - and the last step, all info about changes are combined and sended to clients.

MVGame

In Agile development, which is most popular development method currently, results and functioning product is prioritized over documentation, the nature of creating products in short modular sprints doesn't give the time to keep everyone involved up to speed with proper dissemination of information. The method you're describing sounds more like a traditional waterfall approach.
18 Nov 2014, 21:22 PM

If you look, there's a new tab that says "Decals". If you hover over it for description, it says "Vehicle Decals". Not sure what that is yet, but something was added.

I had to check this out by myself after reading your post. Indeed, you´re right it says "Vehicle Decals". I didn´t notice it yet.

So, I know decals from RC-Modelling and I seem to remember that on CoH2.org a community discussion had taken place in a thread (can´t remember which nor when) that debated the possibilty of customizing markings at your vehicles.

If you remember the skin of the german vehicles for example, you know that some of them have the description "SDKFZ XXX" or "Deutschland" on each side. I even believe that on some units there is the image of an jumping deer/elk shown.

So I suppose that this new tab could give us the possibility to customize our vehicles with special descriptions or symbols.

Damn, that would be awesome. :hyper:
18 Nov 2014, 21:27 PM

Wow, that's awesome.
18 Nov 2014, 21:34 PM

Customized decals on my scout car would be AWESOME!
18 Nov 2014, 22:07 PM

It'd be awesome if I could get Balkenkreuz on my OKW vehicles.
18 Nov 2014, 22:11 PM

Looks like guards nade gets MORE range...
18 Nov 2014, 22:15 PM
Donator 11

Also the isu now has a minimium range.
18 Nov 2014, 22:31 PM

Well Relic have done that in the past with previous games such as Homeworld 2 which let you use custom emblems, I don't see why we can't get it on tanks/buildings in CoH2.
18 Nov 2014, 22:41 PM

Well Relic have done that in the past with previous games such as Homeworld 2 which let you use custom emblems, I don't see why we can't get it on tanks/buildings in CoH2.

May I ask you which kind of custom emblems? Could you win/earn them like warspoils or could you create them by yourself?

(Unfortunately I believe that, if this symbol tool will happen to CoH2, we will have to earn them like warspoils. >:()

Edit:

After searching online: In Homeworld 2 you are able to customize badges and banners created by yourself.
18 Nov 2014, 23:16 PM

maybe bazookas a little more powerful?
24 Nov 2014, 14:39 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2014, 22:41 PMCasTroy

May I ask you which kind of custom emblems? Could you win/earn them like warspoils or could you create them by yourself?

(Unfortunately I believe that, if this symbol tool will happen to CoH2, we will have to earn them like warspoils. >:()

Edit:

After searching online: In Homeworld 2 you are able to customize badges and banners created by yourself.

In DoW2 you also had the opportunity to use own emblems B-)
Only few players used it though.

24 Nov 2014, 14:51 PM

They better add a Bear-decal or I'm going mauling in Toronto! :P
24 Nov 2014, 14:56 PM
Donator 33

First zeroing arty, then volks "fuse time" etc and now the jagdtiger.

What happened to the zeroing arty? I didn't use it recently.

The fuse time of volks grenades got increased to 1.25 secs, if you mean that. It's intended and can be found in the changelog of the official coh2 forum.
28 Nov 2014, 00:15 AM

What happened to the zeroing arty? I didn't use it recently.

The fuse time of volks grenades got increased to 1.25 secs, if you mean that. It's intended and can be found in the changelog of the official coh2 forum.

Can anyone comment on this? was just saying to a 3's partner last night that if feels useless of late. Starts to ramp up and then stops, even when you have constant LOS of large groups of units
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★