Login

russian armor

Will COH1 Ever Get a Patch?

16 Nov 2014, 21:33 PM

Vcoh player base is pretty stable of around 1.6k on monthly average; however, if you take a look at the peek count you will notice that vcoh never came close to 4582 it had in May of 2013.

Coh2 averages ~4K players per month,
Sources:
VCOH stats: http://steamcharts.com/app/228200#All
COH2 stats: http://steamcharts.com/app/231430#All

vCoh had a steady 6000 players online everyday. And a peek of about 11K I believe. Maybe not on the steam servers, but on the old ones. And I'm talking about when the game was about 4 years old.

People don't seem to be 'addicted' as much for COH2. For a good reason: the game just isn't as good.
17 Nov 2014, 20:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2014, 21:33 PM12ocky

vCoh had a steady 6000 players online everyday. And a peek of about 11K I believe. Maybe not on the steam servers, but on the old ones. And I'm talking about when the game was about 4 years old.

People don't seem to be 'addicted' as much for COH2. For a good reason: the game just isn't as good.

I completely agree with you 100% people who play vCOH are still addicted to it. Coh2 doesn't seem that way because of how much the player numbers fluctuate from the beginning to now it has been up and down more than anything.
17 Nov 2014, 21:50 PM

for me, coh1 has some design and gameplay flaws which made it completely unplayable for me:

3. Rep Bunkers: always funny to play against a sim city of about 10 rep bunkers + a bunch of pumas and tanks

2. Vehicle pushing: the mechanic of bike pushing guys to prevent capping, jeep pushing out of cover and the king of all: the m10 squishing grens and knights cross. really, it didnt really matter if you thought about laying traps or something. the m10 was always able to drive onto shreks and prevent a loss. abuse beats tactic

and # 1

Snipers!

really, this game was actually about having more snipers than your enemy. when you have more you win. that simple.
a unit which can insta kill, cloak has far sight and range...this comepletely breaks the whole gameplay.
the only counter was a countersnipe. a mechanic which was totally depending on luck.

17 Nov 2014, 22:15 PM

for me, coh1 has some design and gameplay flaws which made it completely unplayable for me:

3. Rep Bunkers: always funny to play against a sim city of about 10 rep bunkers + a bunch of pumas and tanks

2. Vehicle pushing: the mechanic of bike pushing guys to prevent capping, jeep pushing out of cover and the king of all: the m10 squishing grens and knights cross. really, it didnt really matter if you thought about laying traps or something. the m10 was always able to drive onto shreks and prevent a loss. abuse beats tactic
and # 1
Snipers!

really, this game was actually about having more snipers than your enemy. when you have more you win. that simple.
a unit which can insta kill, cloak has far sight and range...this comepletely breaks the whole gameplay.
the only counter was a countersnipe. a mechanic which was totally depending on luck.

Well if i had to say you just aren't an experienced vCoh player. Because if you don't know how to counter all those things then you might want to stick to coh2 (fisher price version of vCoh) because coh2 is unplayable
#1 its hard to see the minimap
#2 P2W
#3 Its not as fun as vCoh
#4 Gaem Bad
#5 Same as number 4
17 Nov 2014, 22:33 PM

coh1 and coh2 have just the name in common. Pls stop comparing them.
17 Nov 2014, 23:00 PM

coh1 and coh2 have just the name in common. Pls stop comparing them.

i agree ^^^^ great point <444>3
18 Nov 2014, 07:44 AM
Patrion 14

It´s off topic but anyway..

Well i play CoH1 since 2010 and was ranked at the top 10 in 2v2 AT and tbh in never had a problem with repair bunkers. If your enemy can build 10 repair bunkers (1500 MP and 500 ammo) then you made more then one serious mistake.

Just press stop and you cant be pushed anymore. A bike will die fairly fast in close combat even vs pios.

M10´s, again never really had an issue with them. You may want to spread you units instead of blobing them and retreat in case the M10´s get to close. I fear M10s might become too strong vs tanks in case the misfire bug gets fixed.

and # 1
Snipers!

Snipers are too dominant, agreed. That´s why i really don´t like the current meta. But the only counter to snipers is a sniper? Did we play the same game?
19 Nov 2014, 03:52 AM

Well I wouldnt mind in the slightest if they took the money i paid for my coh2 preorder and had the game deleted from my steam then fixed the ranks in coh1

by using the same name as the original i bet they made a heap of money out of coh2 than they wouldnt have if it was called by another name. I feel cheated but im willing to let it slide just to have coh1 back to its former glory
19 Nov 2014, 06:18 AM

If one is still charging money for a game with a declared feature list one has to at least fix basic functionality problems otherwise it kinda borders on false advertising. It does not matter how many people actually buy the game. Either fix the problems with the features declared, change the feature list (which some may see as a dirty tactic), give away the game for free or deal with the money back policy and reputation hit.

On a more softer approach, CoH is the highest rated RTS game of all time with a lot behind its name. If you need more money to fix it, spin an HD re-release and market it properly.

About online player stats, as someone already mentioned, there is a negative feedback loop for vCoH. The fact that online game breaks in several places probably has an effect on active player base.
19 Nov 2014, 22:17 PM

Make an option to exclude PE and brits from automatch
19 Nov 2014, 23:12 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

I just had a 5.6 MB Update for CoH1...
30 Nov 2014, 16:16 PM

Since recently OMG mod had a lot of desyncs. Without Sync error. Today I've had this experience in Elite Mod aswell.

This is totally gamebreaking, but I bet with the lack of 2v2 AT and similar things, people haven't even noticed this bug even if it's there.
30 Nov 2014, 16:21 PM

Desync happens in 2v2 random alot. Game freezes and after some seconds its super fast.
30 Nov 2014, 16:56 PM

Is not really what i'm talking about: it's a bug where you get in a 'different game' but both players are still playing.
30 Nov 2014, 22:16 PM

Interesting, I had this alot several months ago but it haven't occurred recently.
I thought they fixed this long time ago.
19 Jan 2015, 13:26 PM

It's funny how people believe the game needs balancefixing all the time. Go play Command & Conquer: Generals to gain some perspective. I's a supergreat game with horrible balance issues. Quadcannon (machinegun vehicle) eating tanks, infantry and air alike.
24 Jan 2015, 00:54 AM

and # 1

Snipers!

bulshit! If COH2 does not have this - there's serous lack in gameplay - BOOORING.
theres a lots of ways to deal snipers beside countersnipe, jeep, bike, arty, caliope, mine, nade, bar shot - bilions.

Vehicle pushing and squishing is quite skillfull move - not everyone can perform it. You can very clearly see when its gona be successfull or not - so u can avoid it
24 Jan 2015, 01:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2014, 21:33 PM12ocky

i think it was a bit more then 12k
24 Jan 2015, 16:35 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

vCoH had a larger player base indeed, but it doesn't mean all these players played auto match. Most of the community back then made for comp stompers and campaign players. I remember when auto match showed how many players were searching for a game, it was most of the time like 10 or less players searching with either axis or allies. There were times when it was a bit higher. I'm sure it's the same numbers for CoH2, just less comp stompers.
27 Jan 2015, 11:01 AM

i think it was a bit more then 12k

And the 12k were only limited by the capability of the server monkey...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★