Login

russian armor

Study on APM?

13 Nov 2014, 16:35 PM

Has any one done a study on APM for each faction versus win and losses? I am curious if there good balance of APM for all factions. Perhaps people could share thoughts on this matter. I have feeling that the average APM required by allied players to deal with Axis late game armour is higher because often one needs multiple sources of AT to counter the armour.

13 Nov 2014, 16:53 PM
Donator 11

Apm doesnt mean much in this game.
13 Nov 2014, 17:03 PM
Donator 11

Maybe it can? Even on top players stream i always see they could do more with their units then they currently are.
13 Nov 2014, 17:06 PM

APM is not that important in this game. On the other hand you need much more micro to win as Allies. Especially late game when super heavies roll on the battlefield.
13 Nov 2014, 17:07 PM

Not really sure about that comment. If you require twice as many actions then the other player to deal with situation you are detracting from a players ability to manage the rest of the field.
13 Nov 2014, 17:11 PM

CoH2 is not a 200 apm game,
You don't need apm like MMA, HuK, or Jaedong to play this game effectively.

Your unit's survival between a complete army wipe and complete domination dose not hinge on how well you can maintain 200 apm (See SC2 Terran late game vs Zerg Bling,ling,muta ball)
13 Nov 2014, 17:15 PM

CoH2 is not a 200 apm game

Indeed it is not a 200 apm game, but if one side requires more APM then other to win a match surely this raises questions about the balance?
13 Nov 2014, 17:18 PM

I think APM is important, but definitely not to the level of Starcraft. Plus, there is RNG involved in this game. It would be an interesting article to read, no doubt.
13 Nov 2014, 17:25 PM

Indeed it is not a 200 apm game, but if one side requires more APM then other to win a match surely this raises questions about the balance?

This may be true but I have no trouble playing either side if there is a difference its like 60 apm vs 90apm.

If allies are more APM intensive it comes from looking around the map seeing multi small engagements at once. The top right unit bar helps so much in this and the side bar for unit production cuts down on apm actions by ALOT.

When I play SC2 I have to average 160 APM for diamond or I get wrecked by loosening my army or falling behind macro wise.
13 Nov 2014, 17:33 PM

Really what I am trying to say is that if APM is fairly even on both sides for a relatively balance match then we have demonstrable evidence that balance of the game is in good place.
13 Nov 2014, 17:40 PM
Donator 11

Really what I am trying to say is that if APM is fairly even on both sides for a relatively balance match then we have demonstrable evidence that balance of the game is in good place.

pls stop. It has nothing to do with balance.
13 Nov 2014, 17:55 PM

pls stop. It has nothing to do with balance.

Yes it does...

IF two players set out to achieve the same objective, and one player exerts twice as much effort and attention as the other while achieving the SAME result, don't you think that should be altered? Either one player needs to exert more effort or the other player needs achieve the same result using less effort.

Now a healthy balance is always needed. You can't dumb down the game where you just click one button and win. On the other hand, you cannot make the game so complicated where it takes maximum effort to achieve a reasonable objective
13 Nov 2014, 18:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

From my personal experience:

OKW: really low.
SOV: depends on strat employed. Early on: average depending on units usage. Unless ISU, gets a bit trickier late game.
OH: average. It's not that much about micro rather than good positioning of MG/Pak.
USF: starts simple but late game is a pain in the ass (specially against OKW) due to having to babysit your tanks.
13 Nov 2014, 18:28 PM

APM does matter unless you can dodge every grenade.
13 Nov 2014, 18:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2014, 17:55 PMNinjaWJ

Yes it does...

IF two players set out to achieve the same objective, and one player exerts twice as much effort and attention as the other while achieving the SAME result, don't you think that should be altered? Either one player needs to exert more effort or the other player needs achieve the same result using less effort.

Now a healthy balance is always needed. You can't dumb down the game where you just click one button and win. On the other hand, you cannot make the game so complicated where it takes maximum effort to achieve a reasonable objective

It's certainly annoying in high APM games but a game like CoH2 the apm count's are so low that it doesn't matter normally.
13 Nov 2014, 18:31 PM

It's certainly annoying in high APM games but a game like CoH2 the apm count's are so low that it doesn't matter normally.

True, i feel that the impact is less in COH2, but it would make for interesting reading/discussion
13 Nov 2014, 18:40 PM

APM is not a big factor in coh 2, as are alot of other things, leading to the very low skill cap of coh 2.

You can do fine and be a top player with low APM.

That said, APM does not equal skill.

Even in SC 2, 70 APM is usually enough to do anything ever.
13 Nov 2014, 18:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2014, 18:40 PMBurts
APM is not a big factor in coh 2, as are alot of other things, leading to the very low skill cap of coh 2.

You can do fine and be a top player with low APM.

Even in SC 2, 70 APM is usually enough to do anything ever.

70 if your in silver.. or playing protoss lol..
13 Nov 2014, 18:47 PM

70 if your in silver.. or playing protoss lol..

Well unless you are playing like in GM level, you can do just fine with around 70 APM.

APM is not a measure of skill... When you look at SC pros spamming clicks like crazy , it's not because they are actually doing something with them, most of the clicks are overall just empty hits that do nothing, but it keeps them warmed up so in the case that they do need to micro something, they can do it faster than other people.
13 Nov 2014, 18:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2014, 18:47 PMBurts

Well unless you are playing like in GM level, you can do just fine with around 70 APM.

APM is not a measure of skill... When you look at SC pros spamming clicks like crazy , it's not because they are actually doing something with them, most of the clicks are overall just empty hits that do nothing, but it keeps them warmed up so in the case that they do need to micro something, they can do it faster than other people.

That's effective APM vs overall APM.

Ever see MKP marine split? vs bane balls.. its a sight to see..
But I can say from personal experience that D3-1 your apm starts getting past 150 and peaking at 200 during intense moments. Or at least that's how it was for me playing Terran.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★