Login

russian armor

Headsets

13 Nov 2014, 15:09 PM

Hi all,

Recently my headset has given up on me and i'm looking to get a new one but was wondering if anyone good any recommendations.

I've windows 8.1 and I've read/heard that there are a lot of headsets that don't work correctly (microphones don't work due to lack of firmware/drivers).

Any advice/help would be awesome.
13 Nov 2014, 15:14 PM

I'm using the SteelSeries Siberia v2 and it works just fine for me with the 7.1 USB soundcard I bought as well. got them for about RM400 which is about 120USD.
13 Nov 2014, 15:14 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

I use Creative Fatal1ty. It's very comfortable and has a detachable microphone. It definitely works with Windows 8.1. It connects using 3.5mm jacks: one for the mic and one for the headphones. The sound quality is fine and it's inexpensive, so I recommend it. I have nice Sennheiser headphones for listening to music. These are just for talking and gaming.

EDIT: $30 on Newegg
13 Nov 2014, 15:24 PM

I use Creative Fatal1ty.

That's actually what i have now, had them a while now and the wires have become completely knackered. Looks like i'll just get another pair as they are amazingly cheap for what you get.
13 Nov 2014, 15:26 PM

What is your budget?

SteelSeries Siberia V2 is a solid choice for gaming and pretty cheap now days.
If you have more money to waste I would recommend Sennheiser PC 360.
13 Nov 2014, 15:31 PM

I use headphones instead of a headset, Ultrasone Pro 900. I bought Asus soundcard "Xonar Phoebus" along with it and an external microphone was included with the card.

If you are looking for something insane then this is something of what you should aim for. For example, I had no clue how detailed a deflected shot sounded in CoH2, it is very articulated. The blast from an exploding tank gives so much bass that my ears are shaking.

You should give it a try, if you're not satisfied then just return the headphones and the card.
13 Nov 2014, 15:37 PM
Benefactor 115

My suggestion is get a decent pair of headphones and a cheapass separate clip Mic.
A mic is a mic, it has no firmware nor specific drivers, unless you are talking about usb headsets, which you should stay away from (they have bad DACs and amps).
Also, get an external USB DAC if you want better sound.
13 Nov 2014, 16:12 PM
Patrion 14

If you have some extra money, I can recommend you the Tritton720+ series. They have a variety of models and have very good (detachable) microphones. They come with a box that duplicates your soundcard if your computer doesn't have a dedciated sound card. The only downside is the lack of driver support
13 Nov 2014, 16:24 PM

I use Creative Fatal1ty. It's very comfortable and has a detachable microphone. It definitely works with Windows 8.1.

EDIT: $30 on Newegg

I can recommend these aswell. Deff bang for buck. I use 8.1, no problems.
13 Nov 2014, 17:20 PM

Gone for a second pair of these. They have done me well before and are dirty cheap for what you get.
18 Nov 2014, 19:18 PM

Turtle Beach X42 headset here. I got tired of sharing the PC with my 10 yo daughter who would wrap the extra long cable from my old Plantronics 370s around the center channel speaker.

Going wireless with the X42s meant no more cable unwrapping for me !!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★