Login

russian armor

How do you feel about G43s?

12 Nov 2014, 19:10 PM

I used to use them all of the time with Lightning War but I shied away from them because I felt I could get roughly the same performance from the LMG. Plus the way I play my grens were stationary a lot so I didn't need their damage on the move perk.

Now I almost exclusively use Spearhead or Mech Assault for serious play. I am wondering if the LMG nerfs means the G43s are more viable now? Enough for me to go back to Lightning War maybe.

How do you all feel about G43s?
12 Nov 2014, 20:00 PM

Before they made the G43 mid-range and basically switched roles with the LMG42 i was in love with it - and the Lightning War doctrine. It suited my defensive, long range infantry heavy T2 strategy very well. Plus: They were one of the best counters against snipers. In combination with a Tiger, G43s were incredibly efficient.

Nowadays i feel it lacks incentive to go G43s, even with the LMG nerfs. I rather pay more munitions for more long ranged DPS, even if it is stationary, simple as that. The interrogation ability can be handy though, IF you can remember to use it. (I did in maybe 1 out of 30 games to be honest.)

For instance if you were forced to play on Stalingrad (you should never NOT veto this map as Ostheer), and you can't spend much munitions on upgrades, it would make sense to chose G43s. Otherwise... rather not.
12 Nov 2014, 20:08 PM

I feel like people keep debating this. Even with the nerf I see no way G43s are better than LMGs.

I dont think your meant to chase and move around with Grens. Like it or not Wer is a more Stationary faction. Most very mobile and close range units (pgrens, 222 scout car, Ostwind etc..) are quite low on armor and/or health, they serve as ambushers ( I love ambush upgrade tho).

So in the end, if grens had the durability of say Riflemen or the movement bonus of Conscripts with Hoorah....then yes...Id go G43s. As of now...Id rather invite the allies into my LMG, HMG, Mortar meatgrinder.
12 Nov 2014, 21:41 PM

yeah g43 good for chasing,but for me lmg still useful gun
12 Nov 2014, 21:45 PM

Well, G43 increases your long, mid, and close range firepower.

We can compare it to PPSH conscripts, which only increases your close range and drastically decreases your mid and long range firepower.

G43 grens beat even PPSH conscripts at long range, so G43 is pretty much a no brainer upgrade, considering that even LMG grens lose to PPSH conscripts at close range, while G43 grens beat ppsh conscripts and normal conscripts at absolutely all situations.
12 Nov 2014, 22:05 PM

If you can remember interrogate and it does not bug out (anyone else get that? :P), then they are very worth it. LMG's require less micro though and overall are better for 15 munitions if your not getting usage out of interrogate imo.
12 Nov 2014, 23:39 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I like G43s because they suit my preference for fluid infantry play.

But they, and the doctrines they are in, don't mesh well with OKW and as I only play large games I am not using them much these days.
13 Nov 2014, 04:29 AM

I used to use them all of the time with Lightning War but I shied away from them because I felt I could get roughly the same performance from the LMG. Plus the way I play my grens were stationary a lot so I didn't need their damage on the move perk.

Now I almost exclusively use Spearhead or Mech Assault for serious play. I am wondering if the LMG nerfs means the G43s are more viable now? Enough for me to go back to Lightning War maybe.

How do you all feel about G43s?

I do love them but you have to give up LMG goodness then...however because munitions are so needed by Wehr I use them on match ups where I am getting lots of Grens since I won't have the munitions to equip them all with LMGs...wish they were 10 munis cheaper though.
13 Nov 2014, 05:20 AM

OK G43 is good enough. But still LMG is better.
17 Nov 2014, 15:47 PM

I prefer using G43s against Americans, and Soviets if they bring heavy mortars. This way you can always move your squads and you do not lose firepower. Against infantry blobs, LMG is the answer.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★