Login

russian armor

Incorporating the T-70

12 Nov 2014, 14:53 PM

So, while the T-70 doesn't seem to be used much, when I saw it used, it seemed really effective against infantry.
With the recent nerf to the Pak 40, I was wondering what would be some good builds to incorporate the T-70 into my play.
12 Nov 2014, 15:00 PM

Permanently Banned
Erm... from what I understand, T-70 is still and has been for some time a good meta vehicle, it's gun kills infantry faster than T34 does and once vet 1 it can provide awesome scouting/recon. It's completely worth getting T3 for IMO, even if you're saving for call-in tanks.
12 Nov 2014, 15:36 PM

I use it all the time to get those cp points quickly. just keep it at a distance from volks+schrecks and youre fine. Also using the scout ability later in the game to scout for ISU is great.
12 Nov 2014, 15:40 PM

So, what would be some good commanders/tech paths/build orders for using it?
12 Nov 2014, 15:50 PM

Permanently Banned
T1>T2>T-70>Call-in tanks.

Goes great with call-in tank commanders I.E. Shock Rifle, Guard Motor, Mechanized, Advanced Warfare. Welcome to Soviets 101.
12 Nov 2014, 16:54 PM
Donator 33

T-70 is a infantry sniping machine!, and with VET 2 it gains more sight, combine that with its binocular ability, and you can see almost the whole map!
12 Nov 2014, 19:24 PM

The trick to using it that I've found is either to use it for harassment on the deep flanks or use it as a support vehicle for infantry during a big push.

Usually it will be the first piece of armor on the field, so you'll have almost total dominance with it for at least a couple of minutes. This makes it incredibly tempting to go all "Leroy Jenkins" into the enemy line, thinking if things start looking bad you can just kite back out.

Nope.

In my experience it's always best to use your infantry to start the engagement, then bring the T-70 around on the flank (if the enemy is in good cover). The German infantry will have to retreat fairly quickly, so after they do, just move up your conscripts, cap territory, or find a new target.

Once a Puma or Mark IV come out, things get a lot harder and I find it gets really hard to use the T-70 offensively. But it is always strong at pushing back a stray infantry unit trying to harass the far VP.
12 Nov 2014, 19:35 PM

T70 recon + ISU = Godmode. It can also be used to block enemy tanks :p Its also the tool to counter OKW Oberluchsrush, Luchs cant kill T70. Only be aware from schrecks.
20 Nov 2014, 19:03 PM

I love the T-70, it has good synergy with IS2s and AT guns as well. I think T-70 is very viable for call in tank doctrines.
21 Nov 2014, 15:16 PM

I use them to great effect with Tank Hunter doc, I have 4 of them follow behind behind my PTRS cons, but I only use them if I can determind the enemy has low AT in the area. Works great when OKW decides to send two squads of Obs at my cons then gets hardcountered and wiped out quickly.

They also make a great reaction force for a defensive line (in groups) and are great at countering falls trying to sneak cap.

Its sad to say they have more tactical use than the current T-34.
21 Nov 2014, 15:27 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Well the thing is that the OKW Puma and the Ostheer doctrinal one comes in more or less sooner than the T70.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS