Login

russian armor

Advanced Warfare--any good?

7 Nov 2014, 01:16 AM

Title
7 Nov 2014, 01:32 AM

Multiplayer is the same standard far with more titanfall movement ish. Without the parkour. Single player is predictable but entertaining. If you want a great Call of Duty Title get Black Ops 1 or 2.
7 Nov 2014, 01:41 AM

Nah man, CoD 4 is the only great CoD (maybe Waw and Blops 1 are good too tho)
7 Nov 2014, 08:02 AM

Call Lol Duty

The last good one was MW2
7 Nov 2014, 08:41 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

I thought this was going to be a about the Advanced Warfare commander for the Soviets ._.
7 Nov 2014, 08:42 AM

The lag was a deal breaker for me in Ghosts. It was like MW2 all over again. I barely touched the stupid game. Blops2 had Australian servers behind its matchmaking system, so it was highly playable online. I got a lot of hours into that one. It doesn't sound like that's the case with this one though, so I'll be damned if I'm going to blow $80 on it.
7 Nov 2014, 09:00 AM

i have to say its at least the best one since black ops 1 if u ask me though it would play much better with out the jumping and stuff but it has the best potential to be an esport title again since cod2 or cod4

though they failed hard with the servers and many users feel betrayed cause much bought it because they said there should dedicated servers so i would buy it on a cheap key site and wait maybe see how it develops
7 Nov 2014, 09:50 AM

i actually thought this thread was about the soviet advanced warfare doctrine and that the first reply was trolling. back to topic: yes i find the advanced warfare doctrine very good, mostly because of the first ability.
7 Nov 2014, 10:38 AM

When the game isn't lagging whether it due to be poor PC optimization or a terrible host, the gameplay at its core is fun yes.

Give it a month or two they might whip out the dedi servers and fix bad optimisation
7 Nov 2014, 10:46 AM

When the game isn't lagging whether it due to be poor PC optimization or a terrible host, the gameplay at its core is fun yes.

Give it a month or two they might whip out the dedi servers and fix bad optimisation

I have made bold the keyword here.

They might do it. Or then they ignore all those stuff like they did with Ghosts.
7 Nov 2014, 10:57 AM

For a game that just gets reskinned every year and rakes in untold sums of money, it really is ridiculous that they don't have dedicated server farms around the world that can be shared between all the games in the series. It clearly wouldn't be a short term investment.
7 Nov 2014, 11:02 AM

some of the lag is due to the game still loading textures while youre playing the game. its the worst on Defender for me personally.

Not a big fan of the latency compensation in the game.
as a whole though its not that bad. the time to kill seems kinda long.
7 Nov 2014, 11:12 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Best CoD was MW3 for me... Had uncountable hours of fun with it but fucking Infinity Ward and Activision let it become hacker's paradise >_<
8 Nov 2014, 08:32 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Call of Duty 2 ftw. I played it like crazy.
8 Nov 2014, 09:30 AM

Permanently Banned
look , dont follow the bullshits they are talking. Yes cod4 was the best overall. I dont give a crap about cod2, yes it is must have but pls, it is 2014.

If you have standart money income and looking for a game what you can play if you a free time(for a hour), or just need something against stress, this game is good. After cod4, the cod is not game that you can play for 5+ year like coh2, instead what i said.

Yes , BO1-2 had great single -multi anything else(thou i stopd playing cods since mw2), but in that case go play COH1 instead of COH2.
8 Nov 2014, 13:48 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I thought this was going to be a about the Advanced Warfare commander for the Soviets ._.

same here :D
10 Nov 2014, 12:16 PM
Donator 33

I felt completely confused about why people suddenly started talking about Call of Duty. Do people really still play it these days?
10 Nov 2014, 12:35 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

I got it to review it. First of all, it crashes constantly on PC for unknown reasons somewhat related to drivers (on both nvidia and AMD cards, as reported on both their own forums). Secondly, lag compensantion and the blatant lie about dedicated servers at launch (that are not here clearly).

I got used to the idea that the so called "triple A" titles are generally way worse than the average videogame in terms of stability/optimization especially on PC (look at what happened with BF4, assassin's creed black flag, watch dogs, and pretty much all the call of duty games after the first black ops).

Overall the infantry combat feels like Titanfall/COD Ghosts (so even faster and confusing than the other CODs) but as I said the stability problems are seriously affecting my personal chances to deeply test the game.

The new engine built for the next gen feels very good on some aspects but on others it really remembers the old engine, with a very low enviroment interaction, unlike BF for example. When they will release patches/drivers to fix the stuttering and the crashes I think the game will be nothing else than a fun fps playable for fun.

If they release real dedicated (rentable) servers together with mod support (unless they decide to build a competitive mode themselves) then I can personally take the game a bit more serious, but right now it feels like it was designed to mainly cater the attention of casual players.

(remembers all the great clan wars played on cod4 :'( )
24 Nov 2014, 07:07 AM

I instantly fell in love with the gameplay but after a few days I started hating the game due to the skill based matchmaking kicking in. I like the CoD multiplayer because I'm good at it and I liked consistently being one of the top players in the lobby and getting a bunch of killstreaks. The fast movement combined with playing against mostly people of similar skill level means you will dying constantly and not getting many streaks. So if you like playing CoD for the killstreaks like I do, skip this game.
24 Nov 2014, 07:10 AM

Nah man, CoD 4 is the only great CoD (maybe Waw and Blops 1 are good too tho)

err hmmmm COD1 COD2 and CODUO
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 38
unknown 22
Mexico 18
Germany 876

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L