Login

russian armor

Main gun loader injured ?

6 Nov 2014, 22:04 PM

Just saw that while watching a game. It appeared on an ISU 152 and apparently it slows the main gun's rate of fire.

I've never seen it in over 1600 hours on CoH2, is it new ?
6 Nov 2014, 22:13 PM

Its actually old, there were many more crits in vCoH2 alpha and beta, this is one of them.

I suppose they could be enabled for modded games again, unless you've seen it on automatch game, then its likely a bug.

Frag bombing run gives awkward crit names sometimes.
6 Nov 2014, 22:24 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

I saw this the other day, and it would not go away, even after repair.
6 Nov 2014, 22:33 PM

Its actually old, there were many more crits in vCoH2 alpha and beta, this is one of them.

I suppose they could be enabled for modded games again, unless you've seen it on automatch game, then its likely a bug.

Frag bombing run gives awkward crit names sometimes.

That's what I thought, but I didn't know so I preferred not to post it on the bug section. It was on a ladder game btw.
6 Nov 2014, 22:44 PM

These used to happen constantly in the CoH2 beta. I think there was a crit for every crew member. Iirc the ones removed are:

Gunner injured = Main gun stops tracking / shooting
Loader injured = ROF temporarily decreased
Driver injured = Tank stops moving

Ones still in game are:
Engine Overheated = Only happens when a T-34 fails ram (previously also happened from flamethrower attacks and running over fire pits)
Crew Shocked = Entire crew ceases operation, only happens with TWP or random crit when a Tiger and IS-2 are fighting.

I do miss the temporary critical, I feel like they should so something with them, but I don't know what.
7 Nov 2014, 04:45 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Nov 2014, 22:24 PMOhme
I saw this the other day, and it would not go away, even after repair.

Ditto.

Glad to see not just me
7 Nov 2014, 07:07 AM

I do miss the temporary critical, I feel like they should so something with them, but I don't know what.

On the one hand crits add even more RNG which makes a fight as good as unpredictable from the start.
On the other hand they add a interesting part of gameplay so if they bring them back they have to make sure that the crits appear as good as never. Just a 1/1000 chance or so.
7 Nov 2014, 08:11 AM
Developer Relic Badge

On the one hand crits add even more RNG which makes a fight as good as unpredictable from the start.
On the other hand they add a interesting part of gameplay so if they bring them back they have to make sure that the crits appear as good as never. Just a 1/1000 chance or so.

Be nice if there were certain units like the Stuart that could intentionally cause criticals to make them less random.
7 Nov 2014, 08:24 AM

I think crits are interesting. It should make people think twice before rushing in with armor.
7 Nov 2014, 08:24 AM

Criticals like "Driver Dead" or something like this could also be interesting in a theoretical point of view. For the balancing it would be hell I guess.

But imagine having a dead main gunner, etc. and you have to replace him with a single guy of a squad (just like entering an abandoned vehicle).
7 Nov 2014, 11:11 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Ones still in game are:
Engine Overheated = Only happens when a T-34 fails ram (previously also happened from flamethrower attacks and running over fire pits)

omg you're giving me flashbacks, that was so stupid getting a critical from driving over the firepits
7 Nov 2014, 11:20 AM

omg you're giving me flashbacks, that was so stupid getting a critical from driving over the firepits

OH MY GOD YES!
So glad they fixed out that dumb idea.
nee
7 Nov 2014, 18:31 PM

I'd really like more criticals in this game, though not from random regular shots. More special abilities that inflict these sorts of critical should be introduced through new commanders and bring refreshing tactical options: being able to button Soviet vehicles as Ostheer is not possible, not even when you've picked up dropped DPs, but imagine the possibilities if Ostheer, OKW and even USF can start being able to inflict this or similar effects.
12 Jan 2015, 15:41 PM

Reviving this just to point out that the crit is still in the game and there is seemingly no way to fix it, I tried repairing multiple times but nothing.

It happened on my ISU-152 from a JU-87 strafe
12 Jan 2015, 16:09 PM

Yeah, engine on fire and every vehicle pathing directly over fire pits/fire pits placed directly in the middle of pathing lines were annoying.

One thing I miss though is turret damaged/destroyed. Slowing/stopping turret rotation was fairly RNG, but it really made tank combat more dynamic.

Crew shock as a reliable ability annoys me, but as an occasional effect of taking too many frontal hits/bounces I do like.

The crew injuries and such are nice, but vehicles and their crews are presented in game is, well, odd to say the least, especially now that there's USF with actual vehicle crews. I am willing to bet injured/undermanned crews in USF vehicles don't impart such effects, as 'crew injured' is a vehicle status, not a crew status.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★