Login

russian armor

Help against 2x okw.

6 Nov 2014, 15:57 PM

how do you people deal with coordinated double okw teams?

ober spam on 1, p.fusilier and JT on the other. JT snipes tanks from the moon while obers roll infantry. no tanks to deal with obers means no infantry and support teams to hold the line.

i had 3 units that were on 1000% efficiency, but i still cannot win this strategy, what should i do?
6 Nov 2014, 16:34 PM

hello wongtp,

please note, im not a good player, but maybe this helps:

i just had some success with sov by going for the commander with the heavy mortar, backing the front of them up with mgs and kept my conscripts always near the supportweapons. In combination with that i build an early zis gun and was able to do some pressure with the combination of maxin suppression, heavy mortars and the zis barrage.

Moved them constantly and often surprised the enemy with a counterattack supported by all of them.

Greets
7 Nov 2014, 00:25 AM

i've tried that, hmg still get sniped down by obers, conscripts are a constant mp bleed and zis only really works against luchs or puma.

heavy mortars help somewhat if you can lock them in place, but once obers are out everything changes, push too far out and obers will make short work on support teams and cons.

im at a complete loss on how to deal with this strat. its far too powerful and no weaknesses
7 Nov 2014, 05:27 AM

Definitely give Penals flamer a try. Also remember at mid late game stage Cons is only for support role they don't have the strength to take on Axis infantry by themself so normaly you only need two squad of them, leaving more room to other useful units.

Mortar is good for making him move his unit not just sit back in cover and snipe you from afar.

If you are in team game you should coordinate with your team mate one go maxim one go penals/sniper + m3 try your best to seize advantage in early game and use mines effectively.

Hope that help :)
11 Nov 2014, 00:07 AM

My strat against OKW teams is normally:

Engineer
Engineer
Engineer
T1
Scout Car
Sniper
Sniper
T2
AT GUN
Maxim
AT GUN
Mines spam
Guard
ISU-152

This normally takes out anything that they can send at me. Snipers are the only real Ober punishers that I truly know of. ISU-152 is way better at it's role than the JT in my opinion.
13 Nov 2014, 13:44 PM

Here you have 2x Soviets vs 2x OKW.

The problem is you can't get ISU if they have JT. I mean you can but JT will completly negates ISU. Better way is to take 2-4 T34/85, mark target and flank, especially because this doctrine has awesome 120mm like someone mentioned before me here that can wipes squads or even destroy OKW truck building.

But the best way to win against double OKW is.... B-4 :banana:

Shock can also punish Obers. All you need to do is to use smoke grenede correctly, micro well your Shocks and be sly so obers won't catch you on open area.

14 Nov 2014, 01:29 AM

yea i have changed my style and generally have a much better play against okw. katyusha is brutal, keep firing and let rng get good hits, then you can really bleed okws with their infantry blobs.

120mm is nice but not essential if you are not base pinning them, guards with cons is pretty good, cons can build sandbags and guards are pretty brutal in green cover, they even beat back luchs in cover without much hp losses.

i suppose going katyusha is the key to winning infantry fights, cons/guards to hold them in place, kats to wipe everything.
14 Nov 2014, 01:53 AM

B4 Doctrine and the 2 x T-34 85 (with mortar) doctrine is the way to go!

I also had a lot of success with Terror tactics on CQB maps, oh god that KV-8 and ML-20 does wonders against double OKW.
14 Nov 2014, 20:44 PM

My best bet(s) are:

T1 Flamer M3, 120mm, T2 Zis T34/85 (end it before JT arrives)

or

T2 T3 T70,.. ,B4 (have no fear)
14 Nov 2014, 23:09 PM

Double OKW? ISU + B4, they will be able to counter one, but not both.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS