Login

russian armor

Are LMG grens viable anymore against heavy arty builds?

4 Nov 2014, 18:10 PM

I have been getting countered and countering LMG grens so much more effectively since latest patch has made them become so tightly packed whenever they are in cover. Non-doc mortars, HM-38 mortars, M8 scots, etc all start pounding LMG grens on autofire as soon as they sit still for more than a few seconds...if you keep moving to avoid the arty rounds...your LMG never fires or only fires for a second. I can post a replay if necessary showing how powerful these rounds are now and I am keeping all my squads apart, no blobs...

What are my other options to get quality infantry that can hold the line and push for territory? lots of PGs?
4 Nov 2014, 18:25 PM

there solution lies in preference. You could go less lmg42 upgrade heavy and put those munitions elsewhere, just know you have to rely on a combination of units more so than before to do the task at hand. While pgrens can move and fire effectively, they are expensive to reinforce or replace and just like all infantry after the patch, they are more readily wiped by explosive fire. Of course the new cover system does show you were your models will go while you have them selected and are about to give the command.

Pay attention to where the models are going, if you put them in green cover behind a single tractor, they have a much higher chance of being wiped, just like before with craters where the whole squad would hop into the same hole
4 Nov 2014, 18:38 PM

Yes they are.

Havent had any trouble using em since patch. I dont see the problem. Still a lot better than G43s.

If you get wiped behind cover using LMGs youll get wiped using G43s. You are not going to move around all the time never going into cover. You WILL go into cover at some point using G43s and you run the risk of getting wiped then just as with LMGs.

DPS is king for me. LMGS.
4 Nov 2014, 19:27 PM

So it's fair for Americans to be able to double upgrade with both BARs and M1919s but it was OP for Grenadiers to have LMG 42s and G43's on the same unit. Or Guards Rifles having DP28's + PTRS. I think these double standards are sickening and need to end and be revised.
4 Nov 2014, 19:32 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2014, 19:27 PMSierra
So it's fair for Americans to be able to double upgrade with both BARs and M1919s but it was OP for Grenadiers to have LMG 42s and G43's on the same unit.
Possibly a valid complaint but completely off-topic. This thread is not at all about riflemen being able to double upgrade.

Or Guards Rifles having DP28's + PTRS.
Again off-topic and also demonstrates lack of knowledge given that guards are not all that great currently and some even regard this 4-weapon loadout as a weakness.

I think these double standards are sickening and need to end and be revised.
What double standard? You appear to be pulling an argument out of thin air.

Grade: C-
4 Nov 2014, 19:35 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2014, 19:27 PMSierra
So it's fair for Americans to be able to double upgrade with both BARs and M1919s but it was OP for Grenadiers to have LMG 42s and G43's on the same unit. Or Guards Rifles having DP28's + PTRS. I think these double standards are sickening and need to end and be revised.

"Double standards are sickening".

Are you 'disgusted, of Tunbridge Wells' by any chance?
4 Nov 2014, 19:57 PM

Topic :
Are LMG grens viable anymore against heavy arty builds?

Answer:

Yes.

Thread:

Closed.
4 Nov 2014, 20:56 PM

Yes they are.

Havent had any trouble using em since patch. I dont see the problem. Still a lot better than G43s.

If you get wiped behind cover using LMGs youll get wiped using G43s. You are not going to move around all the time never going into cover. You WILL go into cover at some point using G43s and you run the risk of getting wiped then just as with LMGs.

DPS is king for me. LMGS.

What's left then? Fence lines and trees? Craters are most abundant cover mid game and on. I will load replay later today.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 38
United Kingdom 5
Germany 34

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak