Login

russian armor

Your strat around Len Lease Commander

3 Nov 2014, 10:39 AM

Hi guys,

I just wanted to know what would be your strategy around this commander vs Ost and OKW in a 1vs1 or 2vs2 situation.

I know this commander hasn't any big heavy tanks neither shock troops but I found it quite interesting to play.
I have try T1 to T4, a kind of mix cons+penal+sniper+M3 to hold the ground and a direct T4 with all the fuel I can have from the supply drops.
Finishing with a mix of sherman + T85 and a kat behind. And cons with their repair kit. I found it quite successful.
Not relying only on shock to do the job is a bit more harder but since all you have doesn't cost you an arm to maintain, you can reasonably spam everything, just keep your sniper squad alive.

I have heard about a T1+T2 into sherman spam, it can be a good combo and I will probably try it my next game.
My only concerns is the M5 not upgradable without T3, I don't really understand why but still the unit performs well as support fire + reinforcement squad mobile center :D

Any tips you know? A particular BO you are using successfully?
3 Nov 2014, 10:51 AM

Sherman is good for support, but it is not so sturdy as other soviet tanks. Ppsh guards are good, dshk is good too. Cons repair is awesome feature. So if you lose CE it doesn't matter
My strat is T1 penals to dshk then stall for sherman (with 2*zis for AT and barrage) then either Katyusha or SU85 if you see many german armour (on open maps). On maps like rzhev i go for T3 to t70 for recon and t34 spam and not really using shermans
3 Nov 2014, 17:02 PM

I go with many maxim and con until I can roll out DsHk then combined it with existing maxim. got some AT then go T4, to Su-85 then Sherman. M4A2 is a very good medium tank(on par to T34/85 and M4A3E8 in my opinion) its main gun has more penetration than of T34/76 You can use it to get rid of any Axis medium tanks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★