Login

russian armor

Which faction is most challenging for you?

1 Nov 2014, 11:12 AM
Benefactor 117

Ive played allmost every faction for atleast some games, but recently mainly OH.
Lately Im struggling a lot against early US gameplay and Sov shock spam and the "one shot-squadwiping" ISU. Any thoughts on how to counter these problems? And to the US and Sov players, what are you struggling the most with?!

Peace
1 Nov 2014, 12:27 PM

OKW. Just OKW.
1 Nov 2014, 18:23 PM

Playing as USF is very difficult for me because how reliant the faction is with infantry. I try not to blob but the faction is very unwieldy with all that infantry. I am used to having mortars, MGs, and AT guns right off the bat (as Soviets and OST), so it has been a difficult transition

Playing against OKW has been a nightmare for me. THey are extremely powerful in team games. I can give you a bunch of reasons why but i will shorten it to: Schreck blobs, extremely powerful tanks, powerful and sturdy infantry
1 Nov 2014, 18:32 PM

OKW and USF because I don't like being shoehorned into boring meta-builds just to survive. Wehrmacht still the best designed faction in the game, and at this rate it always will be.
3 Nov 2014, 05:47 AM

OKW with their atrocious mid-game

3 Nov 2014, 07:51 AM

The most difficult factions to play with are USF and Ostheer. And between these two, the hardest to play is still USF I guess.
3 Nov 2014, 09:32 AM
Donator 22

[code][/code]
The most difficult factions to play with are USF and Ostheer. And between these two, the hardest to play is still USF I guess.

+1
3 Nov 2014, 09:44 AM

out of the factions im competent in (ost, sov, okw) probably ostheer. personally i believe theyre a really brittle army with a lot of support units that kind of rely on each other to really effectively hold the line, but when you lose just one cog in the machine, everything can break rather easily. also they kind of lack a shock type unit that can get into the enemies face and quickly deal a lot of casualties in the mid game mark. the soviets have shock troops, okw have the luchs, and usf has the m20 or m15. the closest thing is probably the 222, but that dies to 2 AT grenades

im still messing around with USF, to see what combinations i like and are comfortable with, and to get down proper timing windows like i did for okw.
3 Nov 2014, 10:14 AM
Donator 11

I think ostheer they feel like a house of cards that easily collapses if you loose certain support units but that what makes them so fun to play too.
3 Nov 2014, 10:16 AM

I find USF pretty challenging.
The tanks have such thin armor that you litteraly have to babysit them, specially the Jackson. That piece is made out of porcelain.
3 Nov 2014, 11:28 AM
Donator 11

Man I just cannot use OKW for the life of me, I really want to like them but I just suck
3 Nov 2014, 11:31 AM

truth!
3 Nov 2014, 14:23 PM

For me it has to be OKW. I don't really like playing the standard meta all the time and I find it very hard to use different strategies.

When using popular meta builds it would be USF I think; kinda depends on the map though.
3 Nov 2014, 14:34 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

everything except USF is like impossible for me :D
3 Nov 2014, 14:38 PM

3 Nov 2014, 14:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2014, 14:34 PMRomeo
everything except USF is like impossible for me :D
Your rank begs to differ.
3 Nov 2014, 15:28 PM

1v1 Ostheer is tough for me. I feel like I am on the back foot all of the time and stretched thin. In team games when I don't have to worry about getting flanked I'm pretty good with them though.

Team games I find US the hardest. You have to micro like crazy just to get mediocre results. Even on games where I really do well my damage done compared to opponents is not near as high as I can get it with Soviets.

Every faction has their thing which can be used to good effect in team games by just about everyone. Sov=snipers and maxims, b4, ISU, etc. Ost=combined arms of doom, Tigers OKW=Sweet heavy tanks, obers. US=???
3 Nov 2014, 18:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Teamgames: USF. Keep constant pressure, mantain the lead from early game. Don't get cut off by Kubel, do damage with M20, wipe squads with Sherman. You need to mantain constant pressure.

1v1: OH/OKW. OH: as some already mentioned, they feel like a house of cards. But that house gets really fearful when they get LMGs, vet MGs and paks.
OKW: whenever i screw the early game.
3 Nov 2014, 18:08 PM

Depends, usually Ostheer early game, USF late game. Everything else is pretty easy.
3 Nov 2014, 18:15 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Depends, usually Ostheer early game, USF late game. Everything else is pretty easy.

Almost this, i don't find the USF late game that hard tho.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★