Login

russian armor

Support group for USF players who can't handle winning

31 Oct 2014, 20:11 PM

As many of you USF players may have noticed, after the Halloween patch, you actually were able to win a game. I was not used to this. Years and decades of being buried by Obers, stukas, and Tiger Aces have taken their toll. It's kind of like Stockholm syndrome I suppose. Anyways, I'd like to start a support group for USF players dealing with anxiety, trouble adjusting to a changing world, or even psychotic breaks from seeing your victory strike come down.

I remember my first victory. It was only 5 hours ago. The map: Steppes. 2 USF/2 Sov vs 4 Ostheer. We started out a bit shifty but the middle game comeback actually succeed and waves of Shermans began brutalizing Axis infantry. Suddenly, however, P4 hordes appeared, and this is usually where we meet our end. The Sherman was being useless as the olden days, AP rounds doing nothing to its equal, but the better early game position meant I have just enough fuel for an E8 and the line held. More battles and a 2nd E8 appears as the fighting intensifies across the middle fuel. I guess they were fuel starved for once because we traded blows but they could never must better than P4s and my E8s turned the tide, along with a certain Russian friend.

The ending was a shock to me. It was a 4v4 and on the Steppes no less, yet victory was ours this hour.

I'm still trying to understand it all.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS