Login

russian armor

Ideas for more developments to the engine

31 Oct 2014, 20:02 PM
Donator 11

The core engine changes (input lag but also the more left field building rework and cover changes) in the recent patch were a little surprising as no one (as far as I know)had guessed that this stuff was in the pipeline. It is very encouraging as despite many people concerns and gripes about current balance it indicates to me a genuine long term commitment to game development.

It has however set me thinking as to what else might be, or could be considered for further steps to improve the engine itself - and I don't want to open the optimisation debate so please don't post about this although graphical additions to the engine (for those who really understand this stuff) would be relevant

The first thing that occurred to me thinking about the building change with its panels etc is the sometimes discussed addition of tank side armour to improve tactical tank combat (allowing actual rear armour to be a true weak spot) and reward flanking and tank micro better.

What other thoughts do people have?

(Btw nice move Relic - you have rewarded my faith)
31 Oct 2014, 20:05 PM

Adding side armor would require them to edit the hitboxes of every tank model in the game.
31 Oct 2014, 20:44 PM
Donator 11

Adding side armor would require them to edit the hitboxes of every tank model in the game.

Yes but they redesigned building damage models which indicates they wish to push more complexity in the engine.

This is just an ideas space to explore what could be done
31 Oct 2014, 21:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2014, 20:44 PMArray

Yes but they redesigned building damage models which indicates they wish to push more complexity in the engine.

This is just an ideas space to explore what could be done

Yes, but it didn't require editing all the building models. It would be a nice feature, I just don't really see Relic doing it.
31 Oct 2014, 21:36 PM
Donator 11

They may not but they have another four years of the plan for this game plus the use of the engine in future games (dow3). I did not expect them to redesign building damage but they did.

Anyhow theorising what other changes would we like
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS