Login

russian armor

Barton Idea for mod

31 Oct 2014, 17:09 PM

Thanks to this mod tools i think I can finally focus on new idea for Coh2 (new faction design)

Soviets - big squad sizes, overal weaker inf than other factions and also cheaper reinforce, Tiers from USA CoH1 style (barracks WSC etc), tanks slightly chear in Fuel then other factions.

HQ: Engineers and NKVD commisars, ZiS-5, weapon racks around HQ (DP's 40 muni, PTRS's 30 muni, SVT's and ppsh's 15 muni each)

Engineers - 4 man, mosin nagant, fairly weak in combat, cant grab anything from weapon racks, upgrades - 1 flamer (max 2 ups), mine defuser, combat package (gains 1 more guy to squad, 5 Ppsh's, flamers replace Ppsh obviously, gains some armor), can build Tiers, wires, machine gun nests, mines, tank traps - standard builder unit + off unit with good upgrades

NKVD commissar - 4 man, 1 commisar with Tokariew or some other pistol, rest Mosins, can be upgraded with SVT's and Ppsh's, with vet they gain Global passive def or off (choice up to player) bonus for all infantry on the field and each vet reduces MP reinforce for cons by 2, can call-in artillery and Penal battalions, heroic charge for nearby units - first and the only command unit (for infantry), can be rebuilded when it's dead

ZiS-5 - truck that can transport troops and secure territory (like caches)

T1: standard barrack tier for soviets + light AT + jeep

Conscripts - 8 man, mosins, weak in early, gets better vets than other inf units, can be build when "Total mobilization" upgrade is activated, can get Ppsh's from weapon racks (up to 2) and 1 PTRS, throw molotovs and AT nades, build sandbags, cheap reinforce, can merge with other support unit, can't capture vehs and tanks - good as meat shield and good in early, gets really good with high vet on them and commissar

Strelky (like rifleman) - 6 man, mosins, can throw molotovs, nades and AT nades, can be upgraded with 2 PTRS's 2 DP's and 6 Ppsh (from weapon racks), as a standard unit they cap territory faster)

Guards - 6 man, 6 mosins, throw nades and AT nades, can be upgraded with 2 PTRS's, 2 DP's, 6 SVT's, 6 Ppsh's, as as elite unit they cap territory faster (like Strelky's)

45mm M42 AT gun - standard light easy to maneuver and fast ealy AT gun, 4 guys with the gun, can use HE shells that slightly increases damage to buildings and infantry. can camo themselves and move at slow speed (while in camo)

GAZ-67 (jeep) - early veh to support infantry and to scout, has bigger sight range than other units, good vs snipers, has 7,62mm maxim or DSHK 12,7mm machine gun when upgraded

T2: similar to WSC from USA CoH1, support weapons, AT guns, light vehs

Maxim/DSHK - 3 man machine gun, at first it's maxim but can be upgraded to have DSHK (if it's even possible)

82mm Mortar - 4 man standard mortar, can emplace themselves for better cover

ZiS-3 - 3 guys with gun, standard medium AT gun, can fire HE shell barrage, can camo themselves and move at slow speed (while in camo)

Sniper - 1 man with scoped mosin, can get in camo and move slowly depending on cover he is in right now and detection also depends on cover, has better sight and firin g range than other infantry units

T-60 - light tank with 20mm autocannon very good vs infantry but usually useless vs other vehs or tanks, can use recon mode to increase sight range

T3: light vehicles, light tanks, medium tanks, AA stuff

T-70 - same as T-60 but with 45mm gun

ZSU-37 - AA tank based on SU-76 chasis, it will fire at ground units and air units (prioritizing air units)

T34-76 - standard med tank with 76mm gun

T34-57 - modification of T34 tank, has 57mm gun which means it has better penetration, faster reload, lower damage and it's worse vs infantry

T34-85 - modification of T34, has better armor, better penetration and damage but slower reload than 76

M5 Halftrack - works as it works now

ZiS-2 - 4 man and AT gun, 57mm with good penetration (better than 76mm) but lower damage and faster reload

T4: all heavy stuff that are left, heavy tanks, tank destroyers, arty.

SU-76 - tank destroyer with 76mm gun, can fire barrage

SU-85 - tank destroyer with 85mm gun

KV-1 - standard early heavy tank with 76mm gun, hard to kill and it's decent vs other tanks

IS-1 or KV-85 - one of these heavy tanks, both have same gun so no real difference

BM-13 Katyusha - Katyusha with 132mm rockets, 16 rockets per salvo

NEW TIER

T5 - Voyenno-Vozdushnye Sily HQ: planes are build in here but they stay off-map (like they were on airfield), they are called-in to battle with all they have, planes can be upgraded with rockets, bombs cannons, i propose 4 standard planes - fighter, CAS (close air support), (dive) bomber, heavy bomber

Yak-3 - Fighter used mostly to intercept enemy planes but can also use strafing run aiming on infantry

IL-2M - CAS plane, decent at fighting enemy planes, good vs ground targets with MG's and cannons, plus can be upgraded with rockets and bombs

Pe-2 - medium tactical dive bomber that can carry up to 6x100kg bombs or 4x250kg bombs, bombs will depend on upgrade and are pretty accurate

Pe-8 - heavy bomber, that eally needs time to get into battlefield, bombs are inaccurate but they are dropped on bigger territory, can carry up to 24x100 kg, 8x250kg or 4x500kg bombs.

Possible call-in stuff: B-4 arty, BS-3 (like pak44 but it moves), BM-8 (on T-60 chasis), IS-3 (i know they havent took part in WW2 but w/e, it'd be good to have it), Shock troops (4 man with Ppsh and good armour), Sniper Ace (vet 3 sniper)

Ostheer and USA to be added soon
31 Oct 2014, 17:11 PM

kk i'll start working on it right away
31 Oct 2014, 17:37 PM

31 Oct 2014, 17:49 PM

Buffed PTRS, hopefully?...
31 Oct 2014, 17:50 PM

PTRS's should work as light infantry AT rifle, might penetrate light and med tanks from rear, nothing more
31 Oct 2014, 17:52 PM

How about a penal call in? Make it like Vet rifle's for the Strelky. With added satchel of doom of course. :)
31 Oct 2014, 18:41 PM

NKVD commissar can call in Penal battalions - these units have all good stuff, to get in blow as much as they can and die or retreat
31 Oct 2014, 19:00 PM

When we can expect this mode?
31 Oct 2014, 19:57 PM

lol, it's just my idea, I believe I'd wouldn't made this on my own, I need some support from guys who know how to make these things working
31 Oct 2014, 23:10 PM

Can't help myself, this is all splitting hairs:

"NKVD commissar"

NKVD was the ministry of internal affairs. Think tribunals and GULag.

Political Commissar <-- I think theese are the guys you want. - A position held by political officers at regimental and front levels. Others where called "Deputy of Political Matters". So the title would be for example "Captain Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov, Deputy of Political Matters". Still being army officers, not chekists.

Tl:dr
Political officers that we are thinking off where not part of the NKVD, but sorted under the RKKA.
1 Nov 2014, 00:58 AM

but Relic made unit named NKVD commissar or maybe i'm wrong?
1 Nov 2014, 07:19 AM

I dont know if they have, I have not seen it. And as always relics history department is kinda meeh. :-P maybe I'm the only one who gets annoyed by 'nkvd commissar'. So do with it what you want.
1 Nov 2014, 07:20 AM

Garden dubbel posting phone.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight