8%
30%
33%
28%
Total votes: 40
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
31 Oct 2014, 15:43 PM

A message to my random 2v2 OKW teammates,
Please stop making your first truck building right after you get a Kubel instead of building Volks.
Please stop putting your truck building way out on the front line and on the far side of the map. Please stop whining at me when your truck building gets rushed and destroyed because you have nothing to defend it and have built it far away from where I can send support.
Please don't expect me to send support when I am engaged in combat with one of the opponents and you can't handle your opponent because you have nothing to fight with.
I have no problem sending support and generally try to help if you are getting double-teamed, but at least look to see if I can even send support and don't call me a noob because even though I beat off my opponent on my side I have to send my squads back to reinforce.
I have added a poll to when the community thinks the best time is to build your first truck building.
Anyone else having anything they want to suggest to their OKW random teammate? (Please keep it civil.)

Edit: The last part of the last poll option is "you should rage quit".
31 Oct 2014, 17:05 PM
Donator 33

Aye if the matchmaking works properly (enough people online) then random is a great way to play. It's a huge if though.

I think the problem is that usually you can get away with an early truck, and it's pretty rewarding for the risk. It's definitely not just bad players doing it. So people will keep doing it and just ragequitting the ones that don't work out.
31 Oct 2014, 18:41 PM

build the medi truck after 2 units, mechanized after 3-5.
31 Oct 2014, 20:58 PM

build the medi truck after 2 units, mechanized after 3-5.

That sounds good but I played 3 games in a row where my ally built the kubel and then the medic truck. They faced a horde of riflemen from one opponent, lost their kubel, and their truck was under attack, they screamed at me for being a noob, and rage quit. I had rifle hordes of my own that I fought off and I had to reinforce my squads so I was in no position to help.

If the the first truck you are going to build is the medic truck then dont build a kubel. It doesnt heal the kubel and the kubel doesnt last long games.
31 Oct 2014, 22:18 PM

i build kubel 2nd almost 95% of the time, and still go medic truck. kubels force early retreats so u can grab a few more sectors.

also as long as you put down the medic truck as soon as you have 200 manpower, theres never enough enemy units on the field to kill it in time.
1 Nov 2014, 01:07 AM

i build kubel 2nd almost 95% of the time, and still go medic truck. kubels force early retreats so u can grab a few more sectors.

also as long as you put down the medic truck as soon as you have 200 manpower, theres never enough enemy units on the field to kill it in time.

One game it his medic truck was being attacked by a WC51 jeep (which I warned hi about), but they all rage quit when they lost thier Kubel and their truck started getting attacked. <444>_<444>
1 Nov 2014, 07:53 AM

I have played with a lot off bad team players who think they are excellent.
Not saying that you are bad, but words like 'my side', 'my opponent' 'his side' suggest to me that you are not as good player as you think you are.
Those words indicate that you play 1v1 in 2v2 mode and that automatically makes you a bad 2v2 teamate.

You generally have to play as a team and if you are good random player, first thing you must do is adopt to your lesser skilled opponent and help them out constantly not to get crushed. That way they will be able to set up their defenses and be useful.
I would start looking there for problems first.
Hope you don't get this the wrong way, but you can only ever change how you play and not your teamates.
1 Nov 2014, 11:34 AM

I have played with a lot off bad team players who think they are excellent.
Not saying that you are bad, but words like 'my side', 'my opponent' 'his side' suggest to me that you are not as good player as you think you are.
Those words indicate that you play 1v1 in 2v2 mode and that automatically makes you a bad 2v2 teamate.

You generally have to play as a team and if you are good random player, first thing you must do is adopt to your lesser skilled opponent and help them out constantly not to get crushed. That way they will be able to set up their defenses and be useful.
I would start looking there for problems first.
Hope you don't get this the wrong way, but you can only ever change how you play and not your teamates.

Right, but unfortunately my teammates don't cooperate and run over to the far side of the map, lose in the first or second engagement of the game, then rage quit...

I have noticed I have been getting paired with lower level players against higher level opponents. I did start this thread so that hopefully some of the players will see that rushing your truck building right off the bat only works in 3v3 and 4v4, in 2v2 it is rarely a good strategy.
3 Nov 2014, 10:20 AM

Right, but unfortunately my teammates don't cooperate and run over to the far side of the map, lose in the first or second engagement of the game, then rage quit...

I have noticed I have been getting paired with lower level players against higher level opponents. I did start this thread so that hopefully some of the players will see that rushing your truck building right off the bat only works in 3v3 and 4v4, in 2v2 it is rarely a good strategy.

I had bunch of friends (real friends) that used to play VCOH with me, I would tell them what they do wrong, how to beat me, what tactics to use.
Been trying to teach them for years, couldn't get them to stop fighting until squad wipe, not build 10 bunkers or get 3 x stuka before any AT.
They all thought they were very good players because they were level 13 or 15, even tho I could beat them 1v1 with only eng's (I did that number of times)

Just saying, the guys who want to learn will work together with you. No matter if you are better or worse player then them. The rest is just waste of time

I play random 2v2 as well, I completely understand your frustration.
3 Nov 2014, 11:02 AM

I would say less units in 2v2 than 1v1, with teammate to cover, so pios + 2 volks + kubel should be enough. Convert to fuel straight away since ASAP flak ht/puma/stuka will have bigger effect on the game than extra volks early on.

But, I don't have the patience to play 2v2 random, would be too difficult if you get a shit team mate.
4 Nov 2014, 03:43 AM

I don't see an option for spamming kubels. Truck not needed. Only kubels. Kubels are love. Kubels are life.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★