Login

russian armor

Flame-Resistant Suits for OKW units

31 Oct 2014, 17:53 PM
31 Oct 2014, 18:01 PM

L2P. Sturm pios are NOT combat units. Sturm pios are NOT combat units. Sturm pios are NOT combat units.

That's not to say they can't be and they're actually meant to be a stopgag combat unit in the early game, but, Sturm pios are NOT combat units.

They are support units. You flank with them. You hold flanks with them. You lay mines. You hold obscure corners. You build with them. You repair with them. You use them as a firebrigade. You shore up holes with them. You do NOT use them for direct combat under normal circumstances!
31 Oct 2014, 18:44 PM

@AvNY: Are you talking about some sort of a wagen? Perhaps of the Kubel variant? With the driver carrying a PShreck, just in case a clown-school-bus-with-a-hot-MILF-teacher appears out of nowhere?

@Blitz: They are tough combat dudes though, or so I heard. And they cost 320 MP.
31 Oct 2014, 19:21 PM

@AvNY: ... clown-school-bus-with-a-hot-MILF-teacher ....?

Careful, that is my wife you are talking about.
31 Oct 2014, 19:28 PM

Flamethrowers OP? Lel.

I have seen it all.
31 Oct 2014, 19:31 PM

A heavy flamer army with CE and Penals is the direct counter to an army mostly focused on the midrange SPs. You remove any other antiblobbing ability (Maxims, mortars and mines) for the ability to effectivly stop an enemy who is going heavy SP.
What does the OKW do then? Go for the counter to the 20 range Penal/CE heavy soviets. Which is: dumdumdum Long Range units!! Like ooh Obers or Fallschirms.

What you want to do is adapt the game rather than adapting your playstyle. You are using a build that has a specific counter well you should stop doing stupid things like building tons of Sturmpios. A combined army of Mid and long-range, support, AT and armour is the way to go. Adapt and L2P

31 Oct 2014, 19:50 PM

Permanently Banned
can usf get m1a2 abrams tank? with 6man squads. all carrying m16's?
31 Oct 2014, 20:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2014, 19:28 PMVolsky
Flamethrowers OP? Lel.

I have seen it all.

Nobody remembers when the flamethrower was more dangerous to its own squad than the enemy?
31 Oct 2014, 20:53 PM

[rage and panic]

No Sturm Flame Suit in the next patch, so chil.

" Yeah that would be awesome. 27% Votes: 10
Nope not necessary. 73% Votes: 27
"

Ok, naysayers are dominant. Case closed.
nee
1 Nov 2014, 07:04 AM

I'd say unnecessary as well. It's not like they're the only units you are expected to use, surely the Kubel could help pin any flamers trying to approach your Sturmpioniers, or if 2 of the six doctrines, MG34s or even flaktrack if you rushed to the mechanized HQ? An anti-flamer upgrade will only benefit that particular unit, and not necessarily improve it's performance since the benefit is so particular (it would otherwise make ZERO sense choosing the upgrade if the enemy starts neglecting the use of flamethrowers).

On the other hand I think any squad that marches up to an enemy to inflict flamer damage should get chewed up more if the Sturms are blazing into their face, the need to support your units have to apply to both sides. I think a more effective change would be if flamer range is reduced or is far less effective at max range, giving much incentive to attack at closer distance but risk negating your opportunities if you just sat back and used sub-optimal range: IMO flamers should be ideal weapons against units in cover and structures, not that on top of also being a medium-short anti-infantry weapon, certainly not better than assault rifles. Short-very short yes of course, but not at medium range. Sturmpioniers may not be the best infantry in the game, but surely they should be quite good in their own range parameters considering their cost and supposed power relative to other units?

I can imagine pioniers and assault grenadiers being raped by a flamer unit due to peeshooter MP40s, but Sturmpioniers with their Stg44s? They might as well be armed with pistols and rid ourselves with illusion.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★