Login

russian armor

Flamethrowers - Deathcrit and how much value it adds

31 Oct 2014, 09:13 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Title.
While i don't think every unit should have the same trait as Penals (flamethrowers don't crit), why don't make so it may only happen when the squad gets wiped? This would not affect the unit survivability on itself rather the ones which are surrounding it.

On a similar way as getting a heavy engine damage from an AT snare, it sucks when your squads gets wiped when the flamethrower decides to explode.
31 Oct 2014, 13:56 PM

I agree, been thinking this would be a good change for a long time. Would give Ost a more reliable way to clear garrisons and add another form of reliable dps to engi/conscript builds. Maybe they haven't done this because they don't want to see pio spam 2.0 but with the way vet bonus are now and every factions access to early light vehicles, I don't see that being an issue.
31 Oct 2014, 14:11 PM
Patrion 14

agree
31 Oct 2014, 14:26 PM

Agree, im sick of purchasing the flamethrower just to see it getting blown up 2 seconds after, it's dumb.
31 Oct 2014, 17:26 PM

I'm not sure there is a single poster here that disagrees elchino. I can only imagine there is some stalwart member of the Relic dev team that is SURE this is a TOTALLY cool mechanic.
31 Oct 2014, 18:01 PM

Honestly I think it is pretty cool but it simply occurs wax too often.
31 Oct 2014, 18:12 PM

Now having looked into it, you're right, the penal base flamethrower has no chance of exploding. The critical checks for flamethrower items equipped and the roks-2 (as opposed to roks-3 for engineer soviet flamer) is not one of them. If you pick up another flamer then penals explode just fine, which is probably where I had gotten the view that they explode. And on the other hand if you manage to score a penal flamer (can these even drop?) you won't explode ever either.

Requiring only 1 member in squad left for the critical should actually work just fine. Might end up testing it in the mod.
31 Oct 2014, 18:18 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Yeah I think removing hte blow up chance would make flamethrowers a lot more reliable. It can explode when the squad dies.

Then teh penal flamethrower needs a different advantage over other flamethrowers, I was thinking it could be fired on the move since penals don't care about safety :D
1 Nov 2014, 07:58 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

On the next episode patch of Company of Heroes:
-Penals now have their flamethrower explode :snfPeter:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak