Login

russian armor

(Rifle Company) Vet bar spam + m20

31 Oct 2014, 09:13 AM

Not only rifle company (i.e. auto vet riflespam) but bar spam + m20... how to counter? Any light vehicles like kubel and flak ht = lolrushed from 3 directions + at nades. Volks = mp drain, sturms die like flies. Fallschirmajaegars are good but too weak and expensive...

I can barely get my first schrek out when the M20 is out, which is pretty much useless having just 1. A raketen helps too but that just closes one area and the M20 can still drive all over the map slaughtering everything. It's impossible to even put a scratch on vetted rifles with bars with volks and sturms.

Also forget about puma because of M20 mines everywhere. Good luck sending minesweepers around when there is a blob of vetted rifles that will kill them in 1 second.

Also I'm talking quite early game like 6-8 mins and before
31 Oct 2014, 11:04 AM

I play US mostly and you can try following build. Get strummis like 2 to 3 squads and then get raketn go with puma as he will most likely get m20 mix a kubel here and there to guard your mine sweeps.
31 Oct 2014, 15:54 PM

L2P....

Just kidding, I would say go for the puma and try to avoid obvious mine placements (choke points) at 60 munis he can't afford to lay them everywhere. Though this is coming from a fairly average US/Allied player.
31 Oct 2014, 15:57 PM

Damn getting tired of frustrated kids calling everything spam :D hahaha.
31 Oct 2014, 16:06 PM

Damn getting tired of frustrated kids calling everything spam :D hahaha.

damn getting tired of frustated guys calling names and with no repect for others...

I don´t agree with hitman5 here, coz if a us players go first for bars, he won´t get the m-20 any time soon. And in addition, if he went bars, he won´t have muni for m20 mines too in the early game so, i don´t aggree with hitman5 here, but your are bein rude and not giving to this thread any constructive word...

excuse my bad english....

why this community can´t use forums to give opinions with respect and talk about this lovely game with others????....but no, it is always the same....your cardplayer here, your cardplayer there, you axis fanboy, you allie famboy....

you can´t expect coming to COH2.ORG forums and not seeing those fucking posts everywhere....
31 Oct 2014, 16:08 PM

Calling your opponents a spammer (ie unskilled shit) is name-calling isn't it?

It's not spamming, Is' how the game should be played.
31 Oct 2014, 16:13 PM

M20 is 70 munis for skirts and 60 for each mine, would be tough to get more than 1 bar at 6 minutes with even just 1 mine. Especially if he is using at grenades on your kubel.

You need supression early game you need the kubel Regardless of how many rifles he has you should be able to at least hold a few points with the kubel. Go med truck then Rush Luchs + obers to deal with everything he has on the field. Be careful with the Luchs if a Sherman is coming soon though. If not you should be able to do what he did with his m20 with your luchs

If you get mgs He will need to get smoke, which will reduce the number of bars and m20 mines.
31 Oct 2014, 18:15 PM

always bring sweepers with yuor luchs or else you run the risk of running into an m20 mine and losing. also your luchs should be coming out around 9:00 so you have like 3 minutes until shermans can come out.

also you only really need 1 shrek to deter/ward off an m20. sturms can still deal some damage at close range to the m20, so when its trying to push your shrek around just keep shooting at it.
2 Nov 2014, 12:04 PM

3 Riflemen with 1 bar = 3x60 = 180 muni and m20 mines "everywhere" (every mine is 50 ammo) in 6-8 mins means that usf has taken all the map. This means that you are doing some mistakes BEFORE.
2 Nov 2014, 12:21 PM

Ok maybe mines are not 'everywhere', but certainly there are usually about 2-3 bar squads by then + Lt squad & M20.

The M20 is not so easy to counter early on, 1 schrek is definitely not enough to push away M20 it will easily just kite the squad then. 2-3 but it takes a while for that, plus using 2-3 grenades here and then to fight riflespam.
2 Nov 2014, 13:24 PM

Ok maybe mines are not 'everywhere', but certainly there are usually about 2-3 bar squads by then + Lt squad & M20.

The M20 is not so easy to counter early on, 1 schrek is definitely not enough to push away M20 it will easily just kite the squad then. 2-3 but it takes a while for that, plus using 2-3 grenades here and then to fight riflespam.

raketns are extremely effective dont send it in same place as shreck volks send it along with strummis so when M20 chases them you have raketn cover if you have a kubel still alive send near shreck volks to bait M20.

I play US mostly and the things that hard to counter if i go M20 vs okw is a AAHT ( post patch it seems to eat rifle man in seconds extremely effective) as US will have no AT capabilities at that time so you will have a window of about 2 mins before US can field some effective AT.

2 Nov 2014, 13:47 PM

it's a fucking joke

just played one

literally about 7-8 rifles all over the map

get puma to counter m20

BOOM DEAD 1 SHOT IN MOST FUCKING RANDOM PLACE FROM MINE

wtf?????????? how is that even fair?

fucking broken

and fucking whiners booooooooooooo USF so UP in random 4v4 buff more

kubel is fucking useless when they spam 5 rifles from all directions vs 2 shitty volks and a sturm pio
2 Nov 2014, 13:56 PM

good thread. nice read
2 Nov 2014, 17:36 PM

it's a fucking joke

just played one

get puma to counter m20

fucking broken

kubel is fucking useless when they spam 5 rifles from all directions vs 2 shitty volks and a sturm pio

A replay would be helpful. I would imagine with 7-8 rifles on the field your best bet is to get out some mg34s and do your best to hold the map until you can get out a puma then follow up with a few Obersoldaten squads. Without a replay its hard to tell why you are having problems but it sound like your early game is a little weak.
3 Nov 2014, 00:31 AM

Sounds like someone got outplayed.
3 Nov 2014, 04:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Nov 2014, 17:36 PMminty
A replay would be helpful. I would imagine with 7-8 rifles on the field your best bet is to get out some mg34s and do your best to hold the map until you can get out a puma then follow up with a few Obersoldaten squads. Without a replay its hard to tell why you are having problems but it sound like your early game is a little weak.

Replay is gone now, didn't save. It was Road to Kharkov, I tried pushing mostly up the left. I decided to do double sturmpio build for extra rifle AI, so I had 3xVolks, 2xSturms & 1 Kubel. For the first few min mostly pushed up the left and a few units to harass the mid & right. Then obviously my volks harassing are pushed off by superior riflemen so had to retreat. Then brought all my units over to the left to push him off there, which he then does too and my kubel is focus fired to death in 1 second, I didn't know he had a m20 at this point. But because I got the extra sturm pios I didn't have schreks yet since my t2 was still setting up. So then I had to retreat because of M20 and too many rifles (mostly all in the green cover stone walls). Then I get puma out by the time he is nearing my base chasing down my retreating troops after another push on the mid/right, I chase down M20 with puma then 1 shot dead from mine. ragequit.

Where is the balance in that?? Ok maybe it is fair if it can immobilise/engine damage OR take off a lot of health, but dead in 1 shot?? wtf? What can okw do to wipe such USF unit in 1 shot in the first 10 mins? It's a joke.

Sounds like someone got outplayed.

Outplayed by the balance, not the player.
3 Nov 2014, 04:35 AM

rifles= spam, hmmmm that's odd considering that the ONLY unit you can build as americans, other than having to go airborne for a different backbone unit... this thread saddens me
3 Nov 2014, 05:30 AM

rifles= spam, hmmmm that's odd considering that the ONLY unit you can build as americans, other than having to go airborne for a different backbone unit... this thread saddens me

so UP
3 Nov 2014, 05:38 AM

it's a fucking joke

just played one

get puma to counter m20

fucking broken

Replay or bs, and how is it that you only have 4 units only?? i expect 1-2 sturmpios and 3-4 volks with an mg or a Flak Halftrack. You also should've had obersoldaten being built if he has 8 riflemen. It is obvious that you did something wrong early on.
3 Nov 2014, 05:47 AM

try to mix 2-3 flamethrowes with the riflemen in urban map like faymonville / lagleize you will have a good laugh
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★