Login

russian armor

Rate the balance of the game after the latest patch (1-10)

31 Oct 2014, 12:10 PM

Welcome to the world of Allied AT.

Yeah, well, what can I tell you? If you ask me, currently I like USF AT gun more. That armor piercing ability is gold.
31 Oct 2014, 12:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2014, 12:10 PMJohnnyB

Yeah, well, what can I tell you? If you ask me, currently I like USF AT gun more. That armor piercing ability is gold.

It has a lower penetration than the pak, WITH AP rounds. lol
31 Oct 2014, 12:17 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2014, 12:08 PMJohnnyB

Not quite, in the past with luck Pak 40 could take down a tank almost by himself. Not the case anymore. It misses to much, ROF is quite bad. Can't do anything if not supported.

Please find the section of the change log regarding the changes of the Pak 40 bellow:

Pak 40

We felt that the Pak 40 was over performing. It provided the Wehrmacht with too much flexibility in terms of when and what anti-armor they choose to field. It also greatly marginalized light vehicles, in many cases taking out a T70 or Stuart faster than the opposing player could react to the first shot fired. The increased reload rate not only reduces the effective DPS of this AT gun, it opens up the use of light vehicles. Light vehicles can now be fielded to apply greater mid-game pressure, increasing the risk of delaying armor as Wehrmacht. As a result, this should encourage the Wehrmacht to diversify their strategies thereby relying less on their heavier units.

Reload time from 2.7-3.1 to 3.5-4.1

Accuracy was unaffected by the patch, ergo, the Pak 40 will hit as reliably as it did before. ;)
31 Oct 2014, 12:23 PM

Please find the section of the change log regarding the changes of the Pak 40 bellow:

Accuracy was unaffected by the patch, ergo, the Pak 40 will hit as reliably as it did before.

Maybe a ninja change? I don't think is just my feeling. But if nobody else saw it, well, maybe it is.
31 Oct 2014, 12:28 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2014, 12:03 PMJohnnyB
Ostheer's PAK 40 is now pretty bad...

nahhh thats not correct. It is still the best AT gun and target weak point is awesome IMO :p
31 Oct 2014, 12:43 PM

Relic should use Cruzz' mod as a patch and everything would be perfect.
31 Oct 2014, 14:44 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

didn't cruzz' mod make the SU-76 hilariously OP
31 Oct 2014, 14:50 PM

8. PanzerWreck blobs are less effective now. That's a good thing.
31 Oct 2014, 14:54 PM
31 Oct 2014, 15:14 PM

Most of it is just the same from what I can tell so far. My main gripe is still the Ost/USF matchup...Wehr is pretty hopeless versus USF. Aggressive Rifle play into an early M20/AAA truck into fast Sherman (or slight variations thereof)is very,very hard to defend against. Grens simply lack the staying power vs rifles and more support-oriented play also is fragile, especially on constrained maps. I've tried Vcoh style mg builds, Snips etc, and faced them, not to much avail.
Then again, on open maps, as USF, OKW is a real bitch to deal with if only because of the unnerving Kübel/Pio combo unless you have the Dodge.

Overall, Ost vs Sov balance (in 1v1) is relatively fine.

In 2v2s, Allies, especially double Soviets, are still tangibly stronger. Whatever.
31 Oct 2014, 15:15 PM

Ha, BALANCE!? COH2 has about as much balance as the arm strength in a professional masturbator.

P.S this is a joke, I think the balance is mostly fine with the exception of a few little things.
31 Oct 2014, 15:21 PM

whats tha joke?! soviet t1 +10 fuel up/ scout car 15 fuel and so suck. kubeels not coast 10 or 15 fuel/ and zis-3 every time missing or not kill kuble by 1 shoot. every f* game kubel spam with shreks spam and how it counter no answer. i think it really bad balance tight now.
31 Oct 2014, 15:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2014, 14:44 PMRomeo
didn't cruzz' mod make the SU-76 hilariously OP

From what I heard it did. Cruzz's mod has ZERO reliable testing done on it. It is just a bunch of untested changes suggested by L2P whiners. I do think some of the ideas are good (at least on paper), but they need to be fully tested instead of all these people spamming threads on how Relic needs to make it the next patch.

As for the current patch I srate the balance of the game a 7 out of 10. I don't think the balance is so broken that the gaem is unplayable or extremely unfun. Their are at least a few strategies for every faction (although they require varying degrees of micro skill and battlefield awareness), but their are still modes and maps where the match is skewed in one side's favor.

Overall the balance wasn't affected much by the patch and sits at about the same.
31 Oct 2014, 15:29 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I think the balance is kind of okay but the meta remains unchanged. Most factions are limited to like three strategic options or less.

Many maps are still blatantly imbalanced.

I'd say like 4 out of 10 max.
31 Oct 2014, 15:35 PM

I will never rate balance over 5 as long as there will be just 2-3 "to go" commanders and every other one remain not only not competitive, but trashy.

So 4 from me. Would be 5, but relic willingly is choosing to ignore underpowered and underused units and doctrines since forever and even if the patch was good, can't say the game is good.
31 Oct 2014, 15:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2014, 15:21 PMfaus515
whats tha joke?! soviet t1 +10 fuel up/ scout car 15 fuel and so suck. kubeels not coast 10 or 15 fuel/ and zis-3 every time missing or not kill kuble by 1 shoot. every f* game kubel spam with shreks spam and how it counter no answer. i think it really bad balance tight now.

Kubel being one of the few things I was talking about, though I haven't played enough post patch to see if the patch balanced the unit. Although probably the thing I hate the most in this game is the shrek snipes, Half my men are usually blown to bits by volks AT weapon! :)
31 Oct 2014, 15:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2014, 10:54 AMSierra

I'm played 2x as Americunts. Shitkicked the hell out of my opponents with minimal effort within minutes of game start.

I played Sierra's USF once.

I had a 16 min KT.

Was funny.

As for being relevant to the thread:

-BAR buff might be slightly too strong.
-I wish JT/ISU had been addressed.
-I love the new squad cover mechanic stuffs.
-I love the new responsiveness.
-Obs mode is sweet. Overall great patch. Oh yeah the bug fixes are solid too.
31 Oct 2014, 15:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2014, 15:35 PMKatitof
I will never rate balance over 5 as long as there will be just 2-3 "to go" commanders and every other one remain not only not competitive, but trashy.

So 4 from me. Would be 5, but relic willingly is choosing to ignore underpowered and underused units and doctrines since forever and even if the patch was good, can't say the game is good.

Agreed, I would love Partisan tactics to be more useful as well as almost all the other commanders lacking call ins. Except for tank hunter because it's just fun.
2 Nov 2014, 06:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2014, 15:40 PMCieZ

I played Sierra's USF once.

I had a 16 min KT.

Was funny.

As for being relevant to the thread:

-BAR buff might be slightly too strong.
-I wish JT/ISU had been addressed.
-I love the new squad cover mechanic stuffs.
-I love the new responsiveness.
-Obs mode is sweet. Overall great patch. Oh yeah the bug fixes are solid too.

Cute, you remember the part where you had Siberian as a secret ringer on your team? Or the fact Romeo intentionally played like shit? Or the fact it was literally my 2nd game as USF. You're awfully proud of your "accomplishment".

I've noticed German MGs, specifically the MG-34 is having a very difficult time actually suppressing infantry in the patch. It's getting pathetic.
2 Nov 2014, 07:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Nov 2014, 06:39 AMSierra

Cute, you remember the part where you had Siberian as a secret ringer on your team? Or the fact Romeo intentionally played like shit? Or the fact it was literally my 2nd game as USF. You're awfully proud of your "accomplishment".

I've noticed German MGs, specifically the MG-34 is having a very difficult time actually suppressing infantry in the patch. It's getting pathetic.

Romeo played the way he always does... and I wouldn't really call Siberian a secret ringer... we do kind of play 2v2 automatch on a nearly daily basis and have entered multiple 2v2 tournaments together, I don't think it should come as much of a surprise that I'd play with him.

Anyways, I'm not sure why I'm even responding to be honest. You're pretty notoriously biased and consistently wrong. Take a look in the mirror and realize that until you play all factions at a decent level you're not qualified to comment on the factions that you don't play, until the the problem is between the chair and the keyboard - just some friendly advice for you.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★