Login

russian armor

Kappatch - A minor rebalance mod

PAGES (17)down
31 Oct 2014, 08:51 AM

Why B-4 should lost +50% damage buff?
It is easy countered by Stuka and Axis players should use doctrinal counter. Loosing 50% damage will be like "Eeee, dont take Stuka, B-4 sucks"
Most of the time JT is not shooting in autofire mod. In autofire there are maybe 3/10 shots so disabling this super power just in autofire wont change anything.
I would rather see munition ability - let's say 35 and 20sec CD, or something like that - which can shoot through everything. Just like ISUs one but more accurate.
31 Oct 2014, 08:51 AM

Changelog for 31.10.2014.1

Vehicle crew thompsons from 45 to 25 seconds build, cost from 90 to 45 munitions

Mines and demolition charges changed to 15 armor from 35 armor. Should be a lot easier to destroy with small arms. Demolition charge physical size increased and manual targeting of them allowed. Hitpoints remain at 20 for mines and 40 for demos. For clearer damage output against mines hitpoints should be increased and armor reduced even further but that would nerf all ballistic and explosive weapons against them, so leaving like this for now.

Reduced SU-76 aoe damage modifiers slightly, increased angle scatter from 5 to 6

ISU152 setup increased by 0.5 seconds

OKW Smine build time also increased from 10s to 15s to match Ostheer smine change.

It is easy countered by Stuka and Axis players should use doctrinal counter. Loosing 50% damage will be like "Eeee, dont take Stuka, B-4 sucks"

Because it increases the aoe against all targets by a huge margin, making pretty much every shot guaranteed infantry wipes even if it misses by miles, and makes it oneshot even a king tiger from full health when used in conjunction with for mother russia. It might be easily countered by certain offmaps, but except for those it really isn't easy to counter at all.

I'm pretty sure nobody considers the B4 to "suck" at vet2, and the performance on that level hasn't changed.
31 Oct 2014, 09:00 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

1)
Theres anyway to buy again some upgrades just like PG shrecks?
Example:
-Rifleman flamethrower
-Guards DPs

2)
Is there anyway to change flamethrower deathcrit so it only occurs on last model death (squad wipe).

PD: does the Assault Engineers flamethrower crit at another rate?

3)
Change OKW minesweeper so it has the same range as the other factions?
31 Oct 2014, 09:06 AM

Theres anyway to buy again some upgrades just like PG shrecks?

-Rifleman flamethrower
-Guards DPs

These should not be horribly complex, after all all it takes is to copy the PG shrek code except with the upgrade names replaced. Only problem with giving LMGs this is that it will lead to LMGs being everywhere, but I guess for usability's sake it should be done.

Is there anyway to change flamethrower deathcrit so it only occurs on last model death (squad wipe).

Not any easy one I can think of unfortunately.

3)
Change OKW minesweeper so it has the same range as the other factions?

Yes, was going to do that but kept forgetting.
31 Oct 2014, 09:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2014, 23:04 PMCruzz
Supply truck armor from 5/4.5 to 3/1.5. Happy crushing.

*orgasms*

31 Oct 2014, 09:15 AM
Patrion 28

do the changes to demo charges mean rifle grenades can damage them now?
31 Oct 2014, 09:20 AM

do the changes to demo charges mean rifle grenades can damage them now?

Rifle nades could always damage them and blow them up in one hit, but because the armor on them was 35 and riflenade penetration is 25 it meant that 30% of the time it would do no damage. Same for other grenades.

PD: does the Assault Engineers flamethrower crit at another rate?

If you mean flame explosion death crits for the flamer user, for whatever reason both OKW and USF units are twice as likely to get these as soviet/ostheer.
31 Oct 2014, 09:31 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2014, 09:06 AMCruzz

Not any easy one I can think of unfortunately.

Making all flamethrowers not crit as Penals is a bit dull, so that's why i was asking.
Right now i guess it's working like:
>Model dies
>>chance to crit
>>>>Pass weapon to next model

I don't know how other upgrades are coded but i guess they are like this:

Model with upgrade dies
>> Pass weapon to next model
>>>>If no model available chance to drop

Since i think weapon dropping is some kind of crit, i wonder if flamers could work on a similar fashion. At least only exploding when there is no model to pass it to.

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2014, 09:20 AMCruzz

If you mean flame explosion death crits for the flamer user, for whatever reason both OKW and USF units are twice as likely to get these as soviet/ostheer.

I don't want to flame on Relic, but it feels like for some reason they are using "old coding" from previous patches on the WFA units.
See ghost wire, minesweaper, flamer, dodge, etc.
31 Oct 2014, 09:31 AM

I like the changes, especially the Obersoldaten change was something I had in mind too. A single lmg34 is just a out of space weapon for any squad when picked up.
Since the suppression is the best ability on the Obers it's good that it's moved to vet 5.

Just a single question, the pak43 range increase is also applied to OKW?
The way the notes were written it gives the impression only the pak43 rage of ostheer was improved.

There's a thread about the M10 Wolverine, maybe imply some the suggestions there to make this unit finally viable?

Is it possible to rework some vet abilities of the Vanilla Armies? Compared to the WFA armies they feel worse.
31 Oct 2014, 09:37 AM

Just a single question, the pak43 range increase is also applied to OKW?
The way the notes were written it gives the impression only the pak43 rage of ostheer was improved.

The base weapon range change applies because they share the gun stats. Forgot to change veterancy for the OKW version, but the OKW version does already get the same range increase at vet5...clearly I just thought of this in advance instead of forgetting ;)

There's a thread about the M10 Wolverine, maybe imply some the suggestions there to make this unit finally viable?

I actually think the M10 is viable, though purely as an anti-infantry death rally machine. Probably should do something to reduce that and to improve it as an antitank unit...
31 Oct 2014, 09:49 AM

I think I'm just going to try and get custom games of this mod going for now on. Screw relic's patch.
31 Oct 2014, 10:01 AM

So good patch man.
What about Guards infantry, can you make them like in beta with two different upgrades(only one at time) and make DP on par with lmg 42 and american lmg(with cost increase to 60 muni but you will buy them one by one , and button as vet1 skill) and PTRS buff to make them like in this traning mission(with cost increase and some minor pen increase and ambush vet1 skill)? and some squad cost increase or 3 squad limit at once for no spam.
31 Oct 2014, 10:04 AM
Patrion 14

This is a prime example of what a BALANCE patch should be. No messing with tiering systems, squad loadouts (sov sniper anyone?) etc. For example, I would be tempted to change T34 costs and stats and squad loadouts to better fit my "vision" of the game. Cruzzi didn't do that. He just took the existing game, completely respecting the developer's vision of it, and applied much needed balancing, but not too much.

All the changes seem more than reasonable (on paper at least). Even if some prove be a bit too much, that's easily rectified by finding a sweet spot.
31 Oct 2014, 10:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2014, 09:37 AMCruzz

[...]

I actually think the M10 is viable, though purely as an anti-infantry death rally machine. Probably should do something to reduce that and to improve it as an antitank unit...

Ye. Would also go a long way in making Armor more attractive in general, which I reckon was intended to be designed in such a fashion as to have the armour call-ins substitute the Major tier, which as it stands patently does not work...after all, youre screwed without the Jackson come late game.
31 Oct 2014, 10:09 AM

question for Cruzz - is it possible to, for example rename unit from call-in and place them to Tiers? Changing units in Tiers? Changing units weaponry? Adding them new weapon upgrades?
31 Oct 2014, 10:17 AM

Dude ssshhh, be silent! We want them to ignore that Stuka shit. 2 B-4s fireing for 45 muni or with 20% less scatter? Awesome! Just get more of them and hope blow all the troops! It shold still be potent
31 Oct 2014, 10:19 AM

question for Cruzz - is it possible to, for example rename unit from call-in and place them to Tiers? Changing units in Tiers? Changing units weaponry? Adding them new weapon upgrades?

:D Everybody was complain during the CoH 2 beta because that was the way call ins worked back then. Ostheer t4 had Elefant, Tiger etc buildable, soviets had thier respective supertanks in those tiers. But everyone complained that this System should be changed. So, the call in System with hefty fuel costs that's now present was introduced and kept.

Good idea to Change it back once again.
31 Oct 2014, 10:28 AM

:D Everybody was complain during the CoH 2 beta because that was the way call ins worked back then. Ostheer t4 had Elefant, Tiger etc buildable, soviets had thier respective supertanks in those tiers. But everyone complained that this System should be changed. So, the call in System with hefty fuel costs that's now present was introduced and kept.

Good idea to Change it back once again.

I think the main thing there was that for instance Penals would not be buildable beyond 2 CP and reintroducing it would mean what? NO Grens if you go for AssGrens or Ostruppen? No Stug if you go for Puma with Ost? NO KT if you have JagdTiger?

What about JLI and Fallshirms? Do partisans replace cons or penals? No Zis if you have M-42.

I think it was good that it was changed but I'd like to see them adding them to the tier buildings without removing of the old things.
31 Oct 2014, 10:31 AM

All are possible, upgrades are quite a lot of work because there are a lot of files involved. The other three are fairly simple.
31 Oct 2014, 10:33 AM

WTF, nice!
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment