Login

russian armor

Shock Troops Survivability & Role vs OH

30 Oct 2014, 20:03 PM

Keeping at range works too, and pretty much any moble firepower.
30 Oct 2014, 20:23 PM

Shocks aren't really that hard to counter tbh. If your opponent gets t1 and uses shocks, get a 222 out since your opponent won't have a hard counter unless you hit a mine.

Open maps, lmg grens will work fine. But if you play a cqc map, use the 250 halftrack with the PGs (requires agren doc). They obliterate shocks and it's easy vet for PGs.

Shocks dont synergize well with T1 and I guess thats why I've rarely if ever seen such a build...
31 Oct 2014, 05:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2014, 15:27 PMKatitof

Neglected by axis better AT.

Blitz

Neglected by axis greater armor(Tiger itself being the only exception).

Once in a blue moon when it decided to hit middle of the squad instead of sector behind.
Tiger got incomparably better AI since before WFA release, it may one shot rarely, but it wipes squads more effectively with its incomparably better accuracy and better rof.

Right back at you, again.

I'm rarely saying anything without being able to back it up with arguments you know ;)

Also given how quickly this thread got derailed from the original shock qq, I guess we can sum it up with "op doesn't have a clue" or "sierra legacy lives within this one" and move on.

I'm already a legend! Awesome!
31 Oct 2014, 06:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2014, 05:42 AMSierra

I'm already a legend! Awesome!

You're still in lolcake shadow, but your getting there.
31 Oct 2014, 08:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2014, 06:14 AMKatitof

You're still in lolcake shadow, but your getting there.

Don'be jealous, you have your own followers too.

Hey, siuking! Don't bother, shocks are allowed to be OP. The Obersoldatten aren't! Communist logic ;).
31 Oct 2014, 09:07 AM

A lot less tactics are required with Obers, Shocks at least have to get close.

Anyway, Obers and Shocks aren't a fair comparison, one isn't doctrinal...
31 Oct 2014, 10:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2014, 08:44 AMJohnnyB

Hey, siuking! Don't bother, shocks are allowed to be OP. The Obersoldatten aren't! Communist logic ;).

Relic's Soviet Logic :/
1 Nov 2014, 07:22 AM

A lot less tactics are required with Obers, Shocks at least have to get close.

yep

getting flanked by shocks is usually pretty fair, shocks cant wade through infantry fire and close in without losses, they usually need to come from another angle which is actually good play rather than op.

obers on the other hand have got more dps than everyone else, so going head on, a+move + focus fire usually will cut down a squad, spam t to go back for heals and rinse and repeat until the enemy infantry army is all gunned down.
1 Nov 2014, 17:33 PM

Well, the same applies to all LMG infantry. Paras and LMG rifles for instance are very much the same in terms of use. Oh, and btw, Shocks actually more or less do wade through most smallarms fire. They may lose a model or two but they will still win the fight and force the retreat. I would certainly not say they are OP, but correctly used, there is no Axis infantry squad that are going to win a 1 on 1 engagement, with the possible exception of vet 4 Obers...(suppression).
1 Nov 2014, 17:55 PM

Well, the same applies to all LMG infantry. Paras and LMG rifles for instance are very much the same in terms of use. Oh, and btw, Shocks actually more or less do wade through most smallarms fire. They may lose a model or two but they will still win the fight and force the retreat. I would certainly not say they are OP, but correctly used, there is no Axis infantry squad that are going to win a 1 on 1 engagement, with the possible exception of vet 4 Obers...(suppression).

This.^ Also Ober squads are very small and they cluster together mortars and barrages can kill or wipe their squads easily.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 8
Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment