Login

russian armor

New infantry grouping

30 Oct 2014, 19:23 PM

Grenade squad wipes will definitely occur more frequently. My only big gripe is in the late game when the ground is completely covered in craters squads clump up into one crater even if there are other alternatives right next to them. This occurs even when they move so they're moving in a really tight formation
30 Oct 2014, 19:34 PM

This has made the Stug-E an absolute killing machine now.I love it.
30 Oct 2014, 19:36 PM
Benefactor 392

This was a huge nerf to blobing as well. Now people can;t mindlessly 1A everywhere :D
30 Oct 2014, 19:45 PM

I really like the change
30 Oct 2014, 19:49 PM

Changes definitely made the effectiveness of grenades skyrocket. They might need to think about rebalancing them now.
30 Oct 2014, 20:27 PM

Hmm, are molotov better in theroy beacuse of this? Still havent had a chance to play this update.
30 Oct 2014, 20:34 PM

Not just grenades. I had Grenadier's spread out along the fence line and one M8 canister shot wiped 1 squad. The other got off Faust And my Pak saved the day before it could retreat. One minute later, another M8 hit the field and canister shot 1 line grenadier squad clumped around a tractor in green cover. Map was Langreskaya. I like that units hug cover more, but this now makes vehicle and tank squad wiping so much easier. Agree that grenades are nobodies fault but one's own. Thoughts?
30 Oct 2014, 20:41 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Canister shot has always been able to do that. It's pretty bullshit.
30 Oct 2014, 20:51 PM

This is off-topic, but why the hell does not the camera follow the unit when i double click the hotkey? Been like this since WFA and its making me throw up...

not sure but you can do that by selecting a unit and double clicking the squad image and the bottom
30 Oct 2014, 20:55 PM

Overall most grenades feel alright... the increased fuse time is awesome.The exception is the rifle grenades, they are fucking nasty again.

That and the SdKfz scout car, when it gets its autocannon upgrade is slaughters anything I throw at it. It actually has put me in a rough spot, normally id use guards to beat them up, but the scount car chews through them like someone who just quit smoking goes through a pack of Nicorette gum.
30 Oct 2014, 21:23 PM
Donator 22

rifle nade squad wipe welcome back :bananadance:
30 Oct 2014, 21:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2014, 18:23 PMRomeo
A nerf against buildings? How does that even make any sense? Squads correctly standing in cover makes them weaker to buildings I don't even know what that means. Your parenthetical even directly contradicts that statement.

The system nerfs buildings, is what I meant. I didn't phrase that correctly, true.

And yeah, Riflenades were already good, now they are killers. People now hug cover more and they squads are more clumped up = juicy targets indeed. Especially vs US, I increasingly stop getting LMGs ASAP and conserve ammo for riflegrenades.
30 Oct 2014, 22:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2014, 03:59 AMNapalm
MUCH RAWR! VERY EXCITE! WOW

The new infantry grouping that allows models to be in cover is a amazing. The downside is that it is super duper easy to squad wipe now. Used shock troops for a bit tonight and was able to squad wipe an MG42 x 3, and 2 PF squads. Intended or by product of the new infantry grouping the player really has to pay attention to the game sounds.

In before grenades OP.

Yeah I've been seeing more wipes on both sides too
31 Oct 2014, 02:35 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

They made them only alot more worse if you fail to dodge it, but they made dodging significantly easier. Now that the units are all piled up, it also makes it easier to avoid the grenade by not forcing somebody in the squad to walk back over the spot where the grenade was thrown to sacrifice himself to save the rest of the squad.

Vehicle explosives may need to be looked at though, as they cant be dodged. I've faced the scot and it is nasty now.

One more thing I will add, I like voltar's idea about a hotkey or something to be able to click without using the snap-to-cover. It makes things like capping annoying when it auto snaps to any cover within 5 meters, including outside the capping circle. Though they could also reduce the snap distance too, which I would welcome. It is not common for me to miss clicking on cover by so much.
31 Oct 2014, 03:48 AM

I don't see the problem here. God forbid you actually have to micro a bit more, instead of being given ample time to walk away from a grenade. I've played a good 5 matches I think with the new patch, and I've never lost a unit because of grenades, but maybe that's because I can micro. Understandably, for those people who can't micro, they'll most likely have a bad time with grenades but such is the way of competitive rts games.
31 Oct 2014, 06:23 AM

Unless I'm missing something it shouldn't be too hard to fix the one-shot issue by reducing aoe radius and/or changing aoe near, mid, and far damage falloff values. Might take some playing around with the values to find the sweet spot but it seems very doable.
31 Oct 2014, 08:37 AM

I got one pio squad whiped by a molotov. And not because they were staying in the fire, but the explosion ignite them all instantly. Just saying, I don't know if it's wrong or not... anyway it's clearly a different game....
31 Oct 2014, 08:52 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2014, 08:37 AMJohnnyB
I got one pio squad whiped by a molotov. And not because they were staying in the fire, but the explosion ignite them all instantly. Just saying, I don't know if it's wrong or not... anyway it's clearly a different game....

That's the inconsistency of flames in general.
31 Oct 2014, 17:12 PM

New cover mechanic works very well with the doctrinal Ostheer Camo, much easier to use now, even with HMG's. Lots of sneaky and creative play potential, e.g. a Vet 1 MG42 with camo and incendiary rounds will counter light vehicles if you can bait them in.
1 Nov 2014, 07:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2014, 18:48 PMRomeo
If a squad gets wiped by a grenade, it's because you didn't move them in time. It's really that simple.

As an added bonus it's actually WAY easier to dodge grenades with this update than before. The volksgrenadier grenade even had its fuse increased by half a second which makes this complaint even funnier.

rifle nades has no fuse. longer range and difficult to spot the animation. its a matter of probability, throw enough nades, sooner or later you are going to score a good hit and wipe a squad, god forbid if thats a upgraded vetted squad.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS