Login

russian armor

New infantry grouping

30 Oct 2014, 03:59 AM

MUCH RAWR! VERY EXCITE! WOW

The new infantry grouping that allows models to be in cover is a amazing. The downside is that it is super duper easy to squad wipe now. Used shock troops for a bit tonight and was able to squad wipe an MG42 x 3, and 2 PF squads. Intended or by product of the new infantry grouping the player really has to pay attention to the game sounds.

In before grenades OP.
Vaz
30 Oct 2014, 04:06 AM

You really can't have it both ways. This question isn't new and I don't understand what anyone expects to accomplish through the discussions. Do you want your men to be spread out on open ground with 1 guy in cover? If you pay attention to what's going on, you can see the grenades coming. They added like 160ms of time for you to react to grenades, so it's up to the player at this point, to pay attention. I have had less problems with grenades since beta than I think I have had the entire time I've been playing coh2. I can't imagine anyone would actually want it to go back to the way it was.
30 Oct 2014, 04:16 AM

I don't think Napalm is saying to go back to the ways things were, he's just commenting on the ease of squad wipes.

Mortars will be very strong this patch, and the stuka will also benefit a lot I think. Maybe a few more Katy wipes too.
30 Oct 2014, 04:28 AM

This has made capping slightly more difficult on many maps since units are much closer to cover and will now be outside circles they previously would inhabit.

I think The AOE damage units won't benefit too much vs green cover b/c it will negate their damage greatly. Yellow cover however is much more dangerous
30 Oct 2014, 04:28 AM

The Sheman HE rounds are very nasty now due to this as well.
30 Oct 2014, 18:00 PM

By no means am I calling for this to be reverted. I created this thread to let people know as I fully suspect there are going to be threads complaining about squad wiping shortly.

The change has indirectly buffed any explosive with splash damage.
The change has indirectly nerfed support weapons.
30 Oct 2014, 18:11 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2014, 18:00 PMNapalm
The change has indirectly buffed any explosive with splash damage.

Only vs units in yellow cover.

The change has indirectly nerfed support weapons.

Mortars are better vs units in yellow cover, AT guns are not affected at all. Machine guns actually use cover when you tell them to. It's a "nerf" vs grenades maybe, but certainly a massive buff vs LMG blobs.
30 Oct 2014, 18:17 PM

Agree, this patch made grenades a lot more effective. But it's kind of interesting. But it could also make cover something less attractive.

It's would be nice to have the option to set a squad behavior to : Tight or spaced.

thanks
30 Oct 2014, 18:19 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

You have that option. Stand in cover or don't stand in cover.
30 Oct 2014, 18:19 PM

It's a buff against small arms, a nerf against buildings (grens in green cover now beat rifles in a building handily) and a buff to grenades, mostly.
30 Oct 2014, 18:21 PM

No maybe. I'm bad at this game and was killing MG42 squads with a single shock troop grenade.

Again, I like this change but I fully suspect a back lash shortly.
30 Oct 2014, 18:23 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

A nerf against buildings? How does that even make any sense? Squads correctly standing in cover makes them weaker to buildings I don't even know what that means. Your parenthetical even directly contradicts that statement.
30 Oct 2014, 18:25 PM

This is off-topic, but why the hell does not the camera follow the unit when i double click the hotkey? Been like this since WFA and its making me throw up...
30 Oct 2014, 18:26 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2014, 18:21 PMNapalm
Again, I like this change but I fully suspect a back lash shortly.

They could have fixed every bug in the game, brought it into perfect balance harmony and added fifty new amazingly fun features all in the same patch and you could fully suspect a back lash shortly and be correct. This change is a massive massive improvement, and anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.
30 Oct 2014, 18:28 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

This is off-topic, but why the hell does not the camera follow the unit when i double click the hotkey? Been like this since WFA and its making me throw up...

I'm not that great at autohotkey but you can script it to automatically press apostrophe after you double tap a control group key. I don't know how to do it but I'm sure it's possible.
30 Oct 2014, 18:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2014, 18:19 PMRomeo
You have that option. Stand in cover or don't stand in cover.

I meant :

The tight mode would be the default mode like the new grouping in this patch.

The spaced/spread mode would be the same as the old grouping mode (before the patch)

So it's not totally cover dependent.

Thanks.
30 Oct 2014, 18:45 PM

With infantry dependent faction like the US, squad wiping could have a bigger negative impact.

Just this morning, with the US i had 3 full health vet 3 squads wiped by nades without having any real chances of saving them. I moved them, but they also move more tightly so they still got wiped.

As i say, i like the change, but it also have a big impact on the game.

So i say further analyse on it's impact on the meta is needed.

Thanks.
30 Oct 2014, 18:48 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

If a squad gets wiped by a grenade, it's because you didn't move them in time. It's really that simple.

As an added bonus it's actually WAY easier to dodge grenades with this update than before. The volksgrenadier grenade even had its fuse increased by half a second which makes this complaint even funnier.
30 Oct 2014, 18:54 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2014, 18:48 PMRomeo
If a squad gets wiped by a grenade, it's because you didn't move them in time. It's really that simple.

/thread

I'll admit that it seems grenades cause more squad wipes now than ever before, but still it goes both ways and can be used against your opponent.
30 Oct 2014, 19:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2014, 18:48 PMRomeo

As an added bonus it's actually WAY easier to dodge grenades with this update than before. The volksgrenadier grenade even had its fuse increased by half a second which makes this complaint even funnier.

It wasn't a complaint sir, but only an observation.
The grenades were from Obersoldates. Just make the test plz and you will see.

Thanks in advance.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS