Login

russian armor

This garden moderator needs to pudding go!!

1 Nov 2014, 09:08 AM

Yeah the system is better if it gives the player the option to enable/disable it. Either way though it hardly bothers me as a massive issue and I'll just have to learn to communicate without swearing.

I personally swear a lot even, though it is rarely ever an insult/abuse. It is just the way I talk whether it be online or real-life. Heck, I even swear when I am talking with my parents but they don't give a shit because they know I am a nice/respectful person.
2 Nov 2014, 20:37 PM

Seriously, if you're gonna cry because you got insulted over internet then you should kill yourself, people get shitted on in real life for being an idiot.
2 Nov 2014, 21:30 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I believe they should add this chat moderation to coh2.org to better reflect the game environment we play in.
2 Nov 2014, 21:43 PM

Yeah the system is better if it gives the player the option to enable/disable it. Either way though it hardly bothers me as a massive issue and I'll just have to learn to communicate without swearing.

I personally swear a lot even, though it is rarely ever an insult/abuse. It is just the way I talk whether it be online or real-life. Heck, I even swear when I am talking with my parents but they don't give a shit because they know I am a nice/respectful person.

You might be surprised how much they dislike it when their son swears. I'm sure they know you're not directing it at them but it's almost certainly still unpleasant to hear.

I talk a lot to parents about their kids, I've never heard any parent say "I like it when he swears, he sounds so real and grown-up".

In response to OP, I disagree. Although I've sworn at other players plenty, I think that removing the ability to use offensive words is a good thing. Now if Relic would just fix all the balance problems and bugs, everyone would probably swear a lot less.

2 Nov 2014, 21:52 PM

I think it should stay because it is funny. Those gardeners know what I really mean, and can eat kitten pudding.

Maybe add more possibilities for hilarious results.
3 Nov 2014, 03:25 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

What is your favorite word censor? Mine is Buddy.

I hate you, Buddy!
12 Nov 2014, 17:52 PM

i think the chat filter is hilllarrrriioous.

and in the uncommon event i get filtered, its a nice reminder that theres nothing to get serious over. its just a game.
12 Nov 2014, 19:03 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

@ OP: I think people found this kind of "chat" tiresome. These are just some examples:

good luck you little anal bead

fucking cock suck sov

suck my cock learn my dirty balls

Sadly. there are a host of other examples from whence these sprang. e.g. fucking parthing

12 Nov 2014, 19:41 PM

it's not often i learn things, but when I do it's about dirty ballz
12 Nov 2014, 20:35 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

it's not often i learn things, but when I do it's about dirty ballz

Bad man! :D Where have you been? ;)
13 Nov 2014, 17:56 PM

I really dislike the moderation system, but it doesn't really stop me from throwing profanity at the person since I usually just add them to my friends list if I want to insult them and etc.

Another way to get around it is using asterisks, which is the method I've been using.

The best solution I think is the option of enabling/disabling it. I love jousting with other people who insult me and etc so this moderation system really takes the fun out of it.
13 Nov 2014, 18:58 PM

<--- Current gamertag since Cyrillic characters don't work anymore

'Garden this game'
13 Nov 2014, 19:07 PM

<--- Current gamertag since Cyrillic characters don't work anymore

'Garden this game'
Haha, well it´s annoying for non Russians if you can´t communicate with your teammates. English is the "lingua franca" of today. I don´t get why (some) Russians are so stubborn about that. You don´t see me typing German ingame either. :D
13 Nov 2014, 19:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2014, 19:07 PMButcher
Haha, well it´s annoying for non Russians if you can´t communicate with your teammates. English is the "lingua franca" of today. I don´t get why (some) Russians are so stubborn about that. You don´t see me typing German ingame either. :D

Oh im not stubborn at all, Well ok yes I am I am a American but still.. no Cyrillic in a game that features Russians!!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 104
Peru 41
United States 30
United States 24

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %