Login

russian armor

29 Oct Patch Bugs

30 Oct 2014, 13:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2014, 12:53 PMLümmel
http://i.imgur.com/Ls84931.jpg

Captured Maxim with the arc of the .50 cal.

I'm never spamming maxims again. :lolol:

Looks like we've found the answer to maxim spamming.
30 Oct 2014, 14:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2014, 12:53 PMLümmel
http://i.imgur.com/Ls84931.jpg

Captured Maxim with the arc of the .50 cal.

It's maxim jesus
30 Oct 2014, 17:18 PM

Rifles can't AT nade abandoned vehicles.

30 Oct 2014, 17:19 PM

1.5 GB patch and no fundamental change in game play. Big tanks are still too big and Jagd still parks and wins tank battles. Thanks relic. You should have hit big tanks w the nerf bat.
30 Oct 2014, 17:33 PM

On another note: Shot Kubel in the ass with SU85 and it drove off. In another game, missed Kubel 4 times with SU85.
2 of 4 Relic postsRelic 30 Oct 2014, 18:42 PM
Developer Relic Badge

So Relic is ruled by a teamup of Mr Burns, Lex Luthor, Lucifer and Kim Jong-Un? :P I have the hope that is not the case but that even the ones doing the decisions are committed to the games.

Any company wants to be upfront with their consumers and the frustration we are experiencing isn't because Relic is ruled by some evil thing feeds of the rage from consumers. Rather buisness nececities force you to do choices that can put you on a collision course with the consumers. Im just hoping that the choices made are the right ones.
Maybe the alternative was a shitload worse, like cutting staff, stopping development or reducing the work on patches.

Furthermore I do agree with you, something did go wrong with the patch and it is sad to see that happen. Probably just an innocent mistake but it is bad practice not to test the package fully before sending it out. Also ninja changes. WTF note your work dudes!

This patch was extensively tested. Very much so. We don't release anything without testing, period. But yes, we certainly encountered a few issues. It's disappointing for the team in a way, because they have worked very very hard on this update. It was also one of the reasons behind running the Beta before pushing such a massive update to the live game. I can understand your frustration.

The team is still working on a few updates, thanks to everyone that has continued to report issues.
30 Oct 2014, 20:10 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Cynthia I have to admit I like the fact you imediatley respond to us! Keep it up :)
30 Oct 2014, 20:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2014, 17:18 PMHati
Rifles can't AT nade abandoned vehicles.

It is not a bug.
30 Oct 2014, 21:08 PM

This patch was extensively tested. Very much so. We don't release anything without testing, period. But yes, we certainly encountered a few issues. It's disappointing for the team in a way, because they have worked very very hard on this update. It was also one of the reasons behind running the Beta before pushing such a massive update to the live game. I can understand your frustration.

The team is still working on a few updates, thanks to everyone that has continued to report issues.

I know you are working hard and it is appreciated, really it is :D. And the beta was awesome show, so we know the patch was tested really well. I was just saying that somewhere when the update-package was done and pushed into the live game, things got messed up in a unforseen way. And that this could mess with the sometimes strained relations between the community and Relic.

Maybe this is hard to test since this could very well be a thing with Steam and not on your side. But it got fixed really quickly considering the problems that were caused, so Kudos for that!
30 Oct 2014, 21:33 PM

Problems with performance and bug splates. Game just crashed 4 times in 2 hours. Before patch, game was ok

EDIT: Ok, six times
3 of 4 Relic postsRelic 30 Oct 2014, 22:04 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2014, 21:33 PMFrost
Problems with performance and bug splates. Game just crashed 4 times in 2 hours. Before patch, game was ok

EDIT: Ok, six times

Be sure to fill out all of the BugSplats, we are tracking that information. Thanks for letting us know!
30 Oct 2014, 22:06 PM

It's not possible to release software without bugs, this stands in every book about software testing. It's important to make tests in order to guarantee that the game starts and nothing is breaking. Minor bugs are usually fixed in hot fixes afterwards.

So Relic does everything fine, stop this banter.
30 Oct 2014, 22:08 PM

Acht in a RTS that requires units work correctly, and 5 or 6 units all get the same bug and lose functionality, I'd say that's a pretty big bug/problem, altho it got hotfixed fast so :)
30 Oct 2014, 22:11 PM

Acht in a RTS that requires units work correctly, and 5 or 6 units all get the same bug and lose functionality, I'd say that's a pretty big bug/problem, altho it got hotfixed fast so :)

Minor refers to the complexity of fixing the bug. As you have seen the grenade bug has been already fixed.
Major bugs refer to bugs that require to dig deep in the code.

Grenades were working fine in the beta, so I'm sure that there was some problem with the parsing/updating the correct build of the game version or something like this.
30 Oct 2014, 22:32 PM

why in the latest update is a virus and I can not get to the end to download the patch as I do, however, completing the download by the end of the patch is updated again :(Relic
30 Oct 2014, 22:50 PM

error when downloading updates when I finish downloading the updates and I wanted to turn the game it gets a new update
4 of 4 Relic postsRelic 30 Oct 2014, 23:42 PM
Developer Relic Badge

There is no virus in the update - it's being flagged by certain anti-virus software, you can read a bit more discussion on that here:

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/118169-virus-detected-while-downloading-newest-coh2-update

We've also just pushed another update to the game, you can read what was resolved right here:

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/67-coh-2-changelog?p=118867#post118867

Thanks again for the reports, folks!
31 Oct 2014, 00:39 AM
Patrion 14

i know it's not a bug, but i am experiencing noticeable drop in framerate after the patch. you know, performance boost might be nice in the future
31 Oct 2014, 01:03 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I'm not sure if this bug was there from before the patch but....

I tried to garrison a building with panzer grenadiers, and the unit icon went away until they went into the building, like normal. Then the building collapsed and killed none of the squad member sas they were still entering the door, and they stayed without the unit marker. They were completely normal in every other way, save for no unit icon.

Now, putting so much time into the game you come to focus on this unit icon to give you quick information in the heat of battle, and it becomes really annoying when you can't see an enemies location, health, or veterancy. It is also a pain to select the unit for the controller, too.

An example of how this can be incredibly frustrating to the user: I sent my vet 3 ghost panzer grenadiers and a minesweeper pio to cap a point and they all bunched up on top of each other, with only the sweeper pio icon showing. My opponent came across me capping it with a rifle squad and ran straight at them, and got eviscerated by the vet 3 Pgrens. Other highlights include wiping 5 squads and stealing a vehicle.
31 Oct 2014, 06:08 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

This bug has been around for a long time. To fix it, enter a building then exit.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS