Login

russian armor

USF Medics Autoheal

29 Oct 2014, 20:38 PM

I was playing against AI yesterday and I had the medics get out of the ambulance for fun. I don't know much about their abilities before hand, but then learned there is not much else they can do. No Vet leveling, and cannot acquire new weapons from the rack, so I just left them there with the major and an empty vehicle.
Later, I noticed with my retreating squads, medics were auto-healing the squads that were in range of the Major. I also noticed that I was not able to recruit for depleted squads.
My mind then started going crazy about the potential this new info (to me) could help with less micro on the ambulance to heal up the squads without pressing "D" or clicking on the med pack.

To the community, do you have any thoughts on this ability and how to best utilize this?

If this was something discussed before, I apologize. This is my first post on Coh2.org!

Thanks!
29 Oct 2014, 20:42 PM

-Swap ambulance drivers for rear echelon.
-Leave the medics at base to heal retreated squads.
-Use the ambulance as a mobile, forward reinforce point.
29 Oct 2014, 20:42 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Welcome!

In my experience there's really no reason at all to take the medics out of the ambulance except for a few niche situations:

- You have a soviet teammate and want to give him the ambulance.
- Your forward retreat point is getting overwhelmed and the ambulance will not escape (but the medics could by retreating).
- You went mechanized and want to do a drive-by shooting with your gangsta medics wielding their sidearms.
29 Oct 2014, 20:45 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Also I've seen the above suggestion to swap RE with medics many times, but in my opinion RE are more useful to have on the field (but frankly not by much).
30 Oct 2014, 00:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2014, 20:42 PMRomeo

- You have a soviet teammate and want to give him the ambulance.
- Your forward retreat point is getting overwhelmed and the ambulance will not escape (but the medics could by retreating).
- You went mechanized and want to do a drive-by shooting with your gangsta medics wielding their sidearms.

I would add:

- OKW went for early Puma and you have no AT at all.
30 Oct 2014, 00:13 AM

Hi Romeo! Thanks for the reply.
Those are some good strategies. I like the gangster drive-by and the offering the ambulance to your soviet ally.

I'll have to add some DUBs to the ambulance to fit the profile. So the Germans know what's up.;)
30 Oct 2014, 00:15 AM
Benefactor 115

I only do that if the Heal ability of the ambulance just ran out and I need to quickly heal one stray squad
30 Oct 2014, 00:51 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Do the medics still chase squads across the map trying to heal them if you moved them before they were at 100% health?
30 Oct 2014, 05:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2014, 00:51 AMTobis
Do the medics still chase squads across the map trying to heal them if you moved them before they were at 100% health?

That has been my experience and why I never take medics out of the ambulance unless it is about to explode. It would be nice if the medics could set up a forward base like the Major and remain leashed to that location.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★