Login

russian armor

Is the Bar-buff the right way to get interesting games?

28 Oct 2014, 15:38 PM

So bars is gonna get a buff. They needed it to keep up with osts-lmgs and the obers. This will make the game more balanced and players will play Usf again. This is all good, very good.
The problem with the buff is that the reign of core-infatry will stand and will be even stronger. 6-7 grenblos with lmgs running around the map trying to kill 6-7 rifleblobs with buffed bars. Is it interesting, maybe.

Imo a nerf to lmgs and obers had been a much better way to go. Then mgs, soviet infantry, mortars and all other infantry-types would have got a implicit buff. I guess I just like diversity instead of the similar.
Whats your opinion on the buff to bars?
28 Oct 2014, 15:40 PM

Bars have been absolutely worthless. They really deserve all the buffs they can get.
28 Oct 2014, 15:42 PM

They need a buff, but at the same time it will encourage blob vs blob battles even more, and wehrmacht LMG spam. So it's a good and a bad thing at the same time.
28 Oct 2014, 15:47 PM
Donator 11

So if i upgrade my 3 grens with lmgs is that considered lmg spam? FailFish
28 Oct 2014, 15:53 PM

Or maybe rather than OST players spamming more LMG grens to counter it they will realise that if they use HMG or sniper well it has a better effect. Combined arms reborn. :O
28 Oct 2014, 16:00 PM

First off, having 3 squads is not considered blobbing or spamming. Second of all, I personally prefer nerfig other units than buffing others.
28 Oct 2014, 16:13 PM

Grens still scale better its not a war rifles will win, USF players will go for more light vehicles and take advantage of the pak nerf IMO. AA halftrack spam new meta
28 Oct 2014, 16:15 PM

Or maybe rather than OST players spamming more LMG grens to counter it they will realise that if they use HMG or sniper well it has a better effect. Combined arms reborn. :O

those 2 fuckers had 124 kills between them... half of my total kills that game
28 Oct 2014, 16:16 PM

Permanently Banned
even with bar buff. rifles still stand little chance against obers

while playing wehr in beta. I can tell u rushing for bars and getting a muni cahce is game ending

rifles hordes with double bars are really hard to fight.
28 Oct 2014, 16:31 PM

One can only hope.
28 Oct 2014, 16:51 PM

with the bar buff wehr players really have to rely on the hmg42 more than ever to keep themselves from literally getting run over by bar rifles. personally i love this change since i wholeheartedly believe that the mg42 should be a core unit that wehr players use, instead of relying on many grens.

another note though, you dont beat blobs by blobbing yourself. there is no strategy behind that,it is just mindless bashing. its better to avoid confrontation unless you know for sure you will crush them decisively. avoid the blob, cap side territories to force your opponent to split up his forces. if he moves his entire blob to counter your harass, just retreat, and then cap where he is not. divide and conquer.
28 Oct 2014, 20:33 PM

I'm kinda depressed; it's clear few people here played vCoH as the US vs. PE; you learned how to avoid the blob and cap around it there.

Unfortunately the way CoH2's resource system works, that's a lot less effective than just a-moving your superior doomblob to victory.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★