Login

russian armor

Assault Grenadiers

28 Oct 2014, 11:51 AM

Does assault engineer auto win these guys??
Any counter early?
I want to avoid locking myself into one doctrine; namely Armor Doctrine because they suck in late game
28 Oct 2014, 12:11 PM

Assault engineers will beat the assault grenadiers all the time in equal terms. At long range assault grenadiers have the advatange but that's not what SMGs are for anyway.
28 Oct 2014, 12:14 PM

Ass grens seem stupidly strong for a 0CP unit, I had a LT in green cover and a squad of ass grens just ran at him, vaulted the cover and auto won :x

(I am mainly an Axis player and even I think they might be a bit too strong)
28 Oct 2014, 12:57 PM

and it is a bad idea to lock yourself into armor doctrine that can't counter late game armor
28 Oct 2014, 12:59 PM

Ass grens seem stupidly strong for a 0CP unit, I had a LT in green cover and a squad of ass grens just ran at him, vaulted the cover and auto won :x

(I am mainly an Axis player and even I think they might be a bit too strong)
I haven't seen that happen before. Anyway, a squad full of SMGs should be beating a squad with a mix of weapons at close range.
28 Oct 2014, 13:13 PM

Does assault engineer auto win these guys??
Any counter early?
I want to avoid locking myself into one doctrine; namely Armor Doctrine because they suck in late game

A cheese axis player will get 2 or 3 of them and camp them in your cutoff your best approach is to combine what ever forces you have early in game and make a push attack from mid range and force him to approach you move away 1 RF squad and keep other firing do this repeatedly you will need atleat all 3 of your initail RF squad to scare him away once you do that you have upper hand as Ass grens suck after 4 mins get M20 but till you get it dont over extend once you get it spread out and decap his cutoff and use it to scare away his now useless ass grens.
28 Oct 2014, 13:13 PM

Nothing wrong with Armour company, just because you take it, doesn't mean you have to get wolverines, I still get Jacksons and use the 105 shermans for Anti Infantry.
28 Oct 2014, 13:17 PM

well Armor doctrine gives you the ability to call in bulldozer Sherman for ai which is pretty great. then you really only need to focus on pumping out Jackson's for AT. Plus the 250mm howitzar barrage is cool for late game
29 Oct 2014, 09:30 AM

and it is a bad idea to lock yourself into armor doctrine that can't counter late game armor

You can easily kill a tiger/king tiger with 2 or 3 wolverines and they're pretty cost effective for my opinion
29 Oct 2014, 09:55 AM
Donator 22

early m20 vs assault gren spam = easy win because they got no faust.
29 Oct 2014, 10:07 AM

A grens are fine they cost 280 mp and they giving you a slight early advantage in cqc, but mp40s are not that strong and they lack Faust so are weak vs armor and they scale horribly into the late game. Typically usf rifle men are effective against them and cons aren't to shabby ether.
29 Oct 2014, 11:05 AM

The only problem with Assault Grenadiers is that they do not scale well enough.

However, without changes to the no-tech call-in structure, the last thing this OP doctrine needs is a buff.
1 Nov 2014, 03:35 AM

i can deal with them in 1v1 with mechanized commander but i am having trouble in 2v2 vs co-ordinated players

2v2 in moskow outskirts here is what happens

I see ass grens approaching and i immediately call a dodge as soon as he sees it he sprints back baiting my dodgy to his team mate's grenadier sq in back which knocks out my dodgy :( this is first 2-3 mins of game we loose both engagements as we face a mix of ass grens and grens at both sides after the loss. we were never able to push back.

after that they build bunkers at fuel and our cutoffs i couldnt deal with bunkers as i had spent all fuel on LT and m20 had none left for zooks :(.
2 Nov 2014, 17:13 PM

My last 5 2v2 games have been vs this, both players blob ass grens and throw in the odd mg. Managed to push it both several times but it puts you on the back foot so much that it becomes impossible to get back in the game, especially as this lot gets followed up by the stug - tiger.

As noted though this isn't so much an issue with ass grens as it is the stupid call on system we currently have.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★