Login

russian armor

favorite live streams

27 Oct 2014, 20:27 PM
Honorary Member Badge

on coh2.org one feature i just now thought of that isn't there is the ability to favorite live streams on the site it self. might have been brought up before but i wanted to go into detail about it a bit. i imagine this would be aplanned feature but i wanted to show how i think it would be best implemented. (atelast with the limited knowledge i have of existing features.)

favorite livestream

appearance/(ideas):

• a heart
  • gold star
  • colored box
  • green check mark

functionality:

• left click the box to favorite
  • move favorited streams to the top of the lists on both the live and not live lists (if multiple organized alphabetically amongst other favorites)
  • integrate with the notification system so you can potentially get a notification of when your favorite stream goes live.

dislike/ignore livestream

appearance/(ideas):
  • a broken heart
  • a dead star
  • a faded gray box
  • red x mark over the box

functionality:
  • right click to activate dislike/ignore
  • all live streams marked will be sorted to the bottom of the list on both live and non live streams and completely removed from the small livestream box.
  • integrate with notification system by simply reminding you that you have disliked/ignored
  • a quick thought if you wanted to make it even more complex you could separate dislike and ignore. by making dislike sort the bottom of the list and ignore completely invis them from all lists. then simply making right click cycle through dislike and ignore.

adding a like and dislike counter:
adding a counter to live-stream stats showing the amount of likes and dislikes on the stream page. ofc it should be anonymous to prevent potential drama.
27 Oct 2014, 20:34 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

it looks like coh2.org already uses the twitch API for lots of stuff, so maybe it would be best to use people's linked twitch account to get streams they are following, then show the ones they are following in the top of the list if they have linked their twitch.

That way people don't have to follow on twitch and also favorite on this site.

I have no idea if my suggestion is actually possible or not.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★