Login

russian armor

Dealing with FlakHT

Vaz
26 Oct 2014, 23:52 PM

This is mainly for beta right now, but will likely apply to the live version once the patch hits. The flak is working and working well in beta. It is powerful enough to change the swing of the game for a long time. USF has a substantially large paywall in front of at guns, which normally make a good counter. There is no mines, unless you commit to LT. That just leaves bazooka. Seems like at least 2 are needed. A freebie can be granted from the m20, the other has to be teched to. Anyone else have good ideas?
27 Oct 2014, 00:13 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Back when AAHT vs Flaktrack was all the rage, the M15 was a pretty great counter. I don't see why it wouldn't work now.

Alternatively the Captain + any kind of garrison or green cover should do just fine. I'm willing to bet a BAR blob with cover would do well too, the halftrack has pretty terrible armor for a fairly expensive unit.
27 Oct 2014, 03:00 AM

AAHT, Stuart, AT gun, m20 mines, infantry with bazookas in buildings are your best bets. i wouldnt recommend a bar blob in cover, doesnt kill it fast enough.
27 Oct 2014, 03:54 AM

Smoke grenade, then AT-nade/Bazooka
27 Oct 2014, 10:06 AM
Donator 22

Yes, one good smoke + one at nade and it's barely gone as OKW player will retreat it and M1 garand can penetrate the HT armor :). Zooka is good too against it.
27 Oct 2014, 11:35 AM

Smoke grenade, then AT-nade/Bazooka

This the best counter make sure to land your smoke nade on the vehicle to disable it for some time so u can close in with atnade

Here is a replay of me doing it as bonus I get his raketn and finish it off as idint have zooks
http://www.coh2.org/replay/25682/stole-his-raketan-and-killed-his-aaht-plus-m20-s-revenge
30 Oct 2014, 02:02 AM

I wonder if an extremely well microed M20 could kill it.

I know the up gunned scout-car can solo an M15.
30 Oct 2014, 02:08 AM

Playing as SU: Hooray, nade, And one shot by zis.

Playing as USF: Avoid till you get your first AT. Basically no counter early game, unless you are lucky and catch it while it's relocating. And or there are many buildings around.
30 Oct 2014, 08:05 AM

Playing as SU: Hooray, nade, And one shot by zis.

Playing as USF: Avoid till you get your first AT. Basically no counter early game, unless you are lucky and catch it while it's relocating. And or there are many buildings around.

there is a smoke + bazooka counter but its not as cheap muniton/fuel wise as hoorah atnade but it will get the job done.

Wish the zooks and nade unlock costed manpower instead of fuel for US.
Vaz
31 Oct 2014, 09:42 AM

The bars and bazooka shouldn't even cost extra fuel. You should get access to them based on officer. They could do it one per officer or both on purchase of first officer. Just dumb you have to pay a fuel cost and can only upgrade at base. It was cool in vcoh because all your mans had two. Here it's super expensive and they perform less than axis equivalents that cost less.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 42
Germany 36

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment