Login

russian armor

MG vs. MG play

26 Oct 2014, 05:46 AM
Senior Editor Badge

I've noticed that when pinned, MGs will still shoot. Is this a bug?

I know that MG42s lose to Maxims 1v1, however, why is it that a Maxim that moves into the arc of a deployed MG42, gets suppressed, then returns fire is able to suppress then pin the MG42? That seems asinine. Does it simply have to do with the superior suppression stats of the Maxim?

This MG42 vs. Maxim thing has been bugging me for months.
Does anyone know how well the MG42 does against a DSHk or a M2HB? I haven't experienced 1v1 against either of them enough to have a definitive opinion of them.

Thanks for the info guys.
26 Oct 2014, 06:50 AM

MG's accuracy and suppression get worse as they get suppressed. By the time, they are fully pinned they might keep firing, but they wont hit or suppress anything.

The maxim isn't really better then the MG42, but it's faster set up and better performance at far range give it a little bit of an advantage at MG vs MG fights.

The MG42 is meant to be a defensive unit to use against large infantry attacks. It is best for it's ability to easily suppress multiple squads as well as having a high DPS to use against light vehicles and charging infantry.

The maxim is a more aggressive support unit which excels to quickly maneuvering and suppressing high value infantry. It's lower suppressing AOE makes it more likely to get overwhelm by multiple squads.

Both the DSHK and M2HB are meant to be superior to the MG42 since they are more expensive and will have an advantage against the MG42 since they bith have quick set ups. While maintaining superior suppression or damage.

Either way the MG that usually wins is the one that is already set up. The allied MGs are just faster at beating the MG42 to the punch.
26 Oct 2014, 11:32 AM
Patrion 28

maxim weapon is unaffected by suppression or pinning afaik. the squad can't move but they get the damage protection and still fire fine.
26 Oct 2014, 11:50 AM

Permanently Banned
mg spam vs mg span should not even be a thougt about!!!! the game nerver was ment to be played like this!!!!
26 Oct 2014, 17:07 PM
Senior Editor Badge

mg spam vs mg span should not even be a thougt about!!!! the game nerver was ment to be played like this!!!!

I'm not talking about MG spam.
Omega_Warrior, in the example I gave, the MG42 was already deployed and began shooting at the Maxim before it was even set up, then ended up losing.
26 Oct 2014, 17:46 PM

This has been bugging me as well. Pinned MG's still get to fire (which I don't think they should) and they can suppress and MG they walk into. The buffs to armor from pinning make this problem noticeable.

I don't think pinned MG's should fire at all.
27 Oct 2014, 01:28 AM
Patrion 14

MG's accuracy and suppression get worse as they get suppressed. By the time, they are fully pinned they might keep firing, but they wont hit or suppress anything.

Either way the MG that usually wins is the one that is already set up. The allied MGs are just faster at beating the MG42 to the punch.

this.

suppressed mgs still suppresses (pretty damn good in my experience which is weird).

but pinned mg won't do shit to nothing. i have charged a lot of pinned mgs frontally and never got suppressed or damaged whatsoever.

27 Oct 2014, 01:41 AM

I like the concept of how maxims and MG are designed but 3 things that need fixing are: 1. no MG should be able to move into opposing MG arc and set up and start firing away.
2. Maxim should have same range as MG42. Maxim trades less arc with better mobility, squad size as reinforcement cost. Why should it also get more range.
3. Buff to Dshk MG as nobody uses it right now and why should they when it costs more than any other MG, does marginally better damage and is tied to doctrines with no heavy tank call ins. Doctrines with no wavy tank call in deserve very strong early and mid game units/off map strikes/etc.
27 Oct 2014, 02:27 AM

I'm not talking about MG spam.
Omega_Warrior, in the example I gave, the MG42 was already deployed and began shooting at the Maxim before it was even set up, then ended up losing.
Well Without seeing it I can't fully say for sure why this would happen. There are plenty of other variables, such as cover. If the maxim was in yellow or green cover and the MG42 was in neutral or red, the MG42 might have not been able to suppress the maxim with one salvo which would give the Maxim time to set up and fire back.

The MG42 could have been halfway through it's salvo already or needed to reload. If they Maxim appeared on the edge of the MG42's arc it would have also taken the MG42 a second to turn the gun. There is so many variables I couldn't say for sure just with a loose explanation.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★