Login

russian armor

Help vs Sherman E8

26 Oct 2014, 03:06 AM

Before I ask my question, I don't know how to upload replays (also can't find them, used to be so easy to find them on COH1)...been a huge fan of the community since game replay days on COH 1 and I have finally transitioned over to COH2 a couple months ago. Once I know how to upload my replay you will see what I am talking about.

I got PG with schrecks to help augment my AT defense but boy did they fail big time. My most memorable moment was firing at point blank range at front of Sherman E8 armor with a sliver of health and the projectile just pinging off and doing NO damage...I always thought that schreks would at least score a lesser level of damage if penetration didn't occur? Another shot fired againt at point blank on a low health E8 did about 5% damage....PGs are already so precarious with the low squad size and ease of dropping schrecks to the enemy with one unlucky HE round/howitzer shot, etc....but shouldn't they at least do some real damage vs E8? It felt like the old COH1 with bazookas being fired from long range vs Tiger/KT where even if you did connect the damage would be slim to none.

Kappaisgod and I ended up winning still and I had a good score and kill rate because I adjusted tactics but I really want to know if there is something I need to do better with my PGs vs E8 other than try to get at the rear armor.
26 Oct 2014, 03:33 AM

The replays are in Documents/My Games/Company of Heroes 2/playback

Find it there and use the "upload a replay" button when you hover over the replay section button at the top of this site.

I want to see what actually went wrong.
26 Oct 2014, 06:18 AM

Not sure what your question is here?

Do you want to know how to take down EZ8s? Or do you want to know why Shreks do no damage vs frontal EZ8 armor?

To the first question Id answer... Pak40s, Teller Mines, Stugs, P4s and of course Tigers Tanks.

To the second question...Ez8s are above average Medium Tanks...so yes shrecks can bounce on frontal armor, but not all the time. And PGs with shrecks are a soft counter to Medium Tanks. You need to combine them with other AT for them to be effective.
26 Oct 2014, 07:05 AM
Patrion 14

I usually do well with P4s and paks. A P4 won't win from an E8, but the pak will tip the balance in your favor. And use teller mines.
26 Oct 2014, 18:18 PM

Will post soon. Hate to rely on Pak too much vs US as it can get taken of position gets overwhelmed and tigers come later than E8s.
26 Oct 2014, 21:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2014, 03:33 AMsteel
The replays are in Documents/My Games/Company of Heroes 2/playback

Find it there and use the "upload a replay" button when you hover over the replay section button at the top of this site.

I want to see what actually went wrong.

ok, so I posted it to the replay section...not sure how to post it straight to this thread...it was Storm troopers not PGs, sorry about that but watch at 50:20 and 53:15, the first mark are point blank shots and the second mark are long range shots....compared to zook vs P4 and stug i'm a little miffed about this...granted the E8 is their best tank but schrecks should penetrate more often and do more damage when deflected at close range at least and maybe give pak some nerf at E8 to compensate...just feels so sketchy.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★