Login

russian armor

2v2okw vs double soviets

25 Oct 2014, 22:44 PM

hi guys,recently i played 2v2 random match vs good clan and my mate was good too,we were okw.but 1 damn stuff changed the result when we needed 100vp(although they were close vp)everything was going on so so about 20min one of us has KT another one jgtger with few infantries thats all we had save, and our opponent both went for B4!i think three b4 and some kv1s,my stuka couldnt to close enough that arty because of kv .we destroyed their tanks but that fucking b4 annoyed our retreat point and the other hand when we wanted to deal with Kvs then B4 attacked our slow tanks...finally ...yes we lost our tanks .unfortunatly that replay unsaved,i want to know is panther a better choice with its speed vs this strategy?or else?come on men
26 Oct 2014, 02:05 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2014, 22:44 PMSoheil
hi guys,recently i played 2v2 random match vs good clan and my mate was good too,we were okw.but 1 damn stuff changed the result when we needed 100vp(although they were close vp)everything was going on so so about 20min one of us has KT another one jgtger with few infantries thats all we had save, and our opponent both went for B4!i think three b4 and some kv1s,my stuka couldnt to close enough that arty because of kv .we destroyed their tanks but that fucking b4 annoyed our retreat point and the other hand when we wanted to deal with Kvs then B4 attacked our slow tanks...finally ...yes we lost our tanks .unfortunatly that replay unsaved,i want to know is panther a better choice with its speed vs this strategy?or else?come on men

Honestly, vs. counterattack, my favorite doctrine to go as OKW is elite armor.

No, I'm not crazy, here's why:

The panther is the best nondoctrinal medium tank in the game. It is fast, mobile, heavily armored, and well armed. When upgraded with a panzer commander, the pzV gains 2 advantages. It gains an increased sight range, and it gains the ability to drop a 120mu artillery that oneshots howitzers. Elite armor also gives you access to radio intercept, which allows you to see the position of every armored unit on the map. This ability is useful for flanking. Using an elite armor panther w/commander, one can easily flank over to the b4 and nuke it, negating the 600mp price. For best results, take a sturmpio with minesweeper with you. If you can't flank the b4 in any way, just focus on movement. Don't dig in. If there is recon, move your units. get a flaktrack to kill the recon. Remember, if you listen hard enough, you can hear the b4 fire. Don't forget to use HEAT rounds to allow your panthers to penetrate is2s reliably, even pumas with HEAT rounds can pen just about any vehicle well.

EDIT: And for the love of god, never get the pz4s unless you are literally Swimming in munitions for upgrades and HEAT rounds!
26 Oct 2014, 20:39 PM

Honestly, vs. counterattack, my favorite doctrine to go as OKW is elite armor.

No, I'm not crazy, here's why:

The panther is the best nondoctrinal medium tank in the game. It is fast, mobile, heavily armored, and well armed. When upgraded with a panzer commander, the pzV gains 2 advantages. It gains an increased sight range, and it gains the ability to drop a 120mu artillery that oneshots howitzers. Elite armor also gives you access to radio intercept, which allows you to see the position of every armored unit on the map. This ability is useful for flanking. Using an elite armor panther w/commander, one can easily flank over to the b4 and nuke it, negating the 600mp price. For best results, take a sturmpio with minesweeper with you. If you can't flank the b4 in any way, just focus on movement. Don't dig in. If there is recon, move your units. get a flaktrack to kill the recon. Remember, if you listen hard enough, you can hear the b4 fire. Don't forget to use HEAT rounds to allow your panthers to penetrate is2s reliably, even pumas with HEAT rounds can pen just about any vehicle well.

EDIT: And for the love of god, never get the pz4s unless you are literally Swimming in munitions for upgrades and HEAT rounds!

hi ash,ive used all okw doctrines alot except this one,just in few match. i didnt know elite doc could be a good choice vs counter attack .120mu ability would be a good choice that i didnt notice thx for ur information man ill try it :)
27 Oct 2014, 02:36 AM

another trick you can use is some sort of sight + zeroing artillery from the fortifications doctrine. for best results use the special operations flare, but panzerfusiliers also have flares as well and sometimes you can get sight with infantry as well.

just gain sight and drop the zeroing artillery on top of it, you just need to maintain sight for a few seconds, and once you hear several artillery booms than you can lose sight and the shells will land destroying the b4.

there are very few non-doctrinal options to deal with the b4, the most safe one being the stuka. you can USUALLY clear the crew with one barrage, and usually destroy it with too. just make sure youre not hitting tall trees, which will detonate the shells before they land.

you can also try flanking with a luchs or a panther, which is extremely risky as you run the chance of hitting a mine. bring sweepers if you can.

the last option is the sturmtiger, which is kind of a joke and doesnt have much practical use, but if you can get within range its a guaranteed dead b4.
27 Oct 2014, 03:55 AM

another trick you can use is some sort of sight + zeroing artillery from the fortifications doctrine. for best results use the special operations flare, but panzerfusiliers also have flares as well and sometimes you can get sight with infantry as well.

just gain sight and drop the zeroing artillery on top of it, you just need to maintain sight for a few seconds, and once you hear several artillery booms than you can lose sight and the shells will land destroying the b4.

there are very few non-doctrinal options to deal with the b4, the most safe one being the stuka. you can USUALLY clear the crew with one barrage, and usually destroy it with too. just make sure youre not hitting tall trees, which will detonate the shells before they land.

you can also try flanking with a luchs or a panther, which is extremely risky as you run the chance of hitting a mine. bring sweepers if you can.

the last option is the sturmtiger, which is kind of a joke and doesnt have much practical use, but if you can get within range its a guaranteed dead b4.

hi Lemon,i think flanking arty could be very risky for me chasing in their base(in semosky) because b4s position as i saw in fog were middle of their base(none close to river)but generally i agree specially with pz2 .ammm about fortification&operation combo would be the best one :) thx, yeah operations flare! the only okw's guaranteed recon.about Sturmtiger u meant fight with kv's? but this one slow as other heavy tanks ,although its area damage is wonderful, i think that range not very good and kv can surround it easily.but would be a good hit vs kv's armor...yeah.thank u for useful guide.
27 Oct 2014, 04:11 AM

i mean to use the sturmtiger to destroy the b4. its easier on some maps. however i wouldnt recommend making a sturmtiger in most situations. to defeat kv1s use panthers and shrek volks. a raketen is also a cheap way to boost your late game AT firepower.
27 Oct 2014, 20:31 PM

i mean to use the sturmtiger to destroy the b4. its easier on some maps. however i wouldnt recommend making a sturmtiger in most situations. to defeat kv1s use panthers and shrek volks. a raketen is also a cheap way to boost your late game AT firepower.

i should be very lucky to go to alies base with sturmtiger and comeback alive :) .ammm i like panther's penetrate but do u think shreck attack is useful vs kv's armor? (i mean in front)
27 Oct 2014, 23:01 PM

Shrek from the front is not at all reliable, but it's better than nothing and there's still a chance to penetrate. Always try to concave your enemy so you get some rear armor shots in as well
27 Oct 2014, 23:09 PM

I like sending my sturmtiger on retreat paths to kill squads on retreat Kappa
28 Oct 2014, 02:39 AM

Shrek from the front is not at all reliable, but it's better than nothing and there's still a chance to penetrate. Always try to concave your enemy so you get some rear armor shots in as well

i agree with u lemon,ty. wish u be my mate in one of 2v2 random matchB-) then ill rush to their base with some sturmtigers and clean all they have.trust me;)
31 Oct 2014, 23:35 PM

If both went B4, its super easy bro.
One OKW player picks Special ops doctrine (for flare ability)
One OKW player picks fortifications doctrine (for zeroing artillery ability)

Et voilá! no B4's alive.
The problem is when one goes B4 and the other ISU.
31 Oct 2014, 23:50 PM

If both went B4, its super easy bro.
One OKW player picks Special ops doctrine (for flare ability)
One OKW player picks fortifications doctrine (for zeroing artillery ability)

Et voilá! no B4's alive.
The problem is when one goes B4 and the other ISU.

yeah maybe i choosed my doc a bit early(but after 20 min )and we really didnt expect they both goes b4,because they have isu doc too, and i though one of them atleast should pick isu one....but false guess
13 Nov 2014, 23:16 PM

Well, now with the current update, the zero arty is absolutely useless. It's 300 ammo but seems now so weak (nothing comparable with what it was before, even in combo with recon).

It seems the only options left is stuka, I usually build two stukas when my opponent gets b4 to guarantee its one shot destruction of 600 mp, I know that's 200 fuel investment but it seems to be working for me. I also usually build a flak HT to counter their recon flights they usually use to spot our troops/armor, it kills it in 2-3 bursts so quickly.

13 Nov 2014, 23:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2014, 23:16 PMAladdin
Well, now with the current update, the zero arty is absolutely useless. It's 300 ammo but seems now so weak (nothing comparable with what it was before, even in combo with recon).

It seems the only options left is stuka, I usually build two stukas when my opponent gets b4 to guarantee its one shot destruction of 600 mp, I know that's 200 fuel investment but it seems to be working for me. I also usually build a flak HT to counter their recon flights they usually use to spot our troops/armor, it kills it in 2-3 bursts so quickly.

if they build the b4 on edge of their hq sector, im pretty sure you can still call the arty in outside of the hq but make it so the AoE still touches the b4, and the arty will land on the b4 that way. also you really shouldnt double up on stukas, its almost always a better idea to save that fuel for a panther or even kt.
14 Nov 2014, 01:51 AM

if they build the b4 on edge of their hq sector, im pretty sure you can still call the arty in outside of the hq but make it so the AoE still touches the b4, and the arty will land on the b4 that way. also you really shouldnt double up on stukas, its almost always a better idea to save that fuel for a panther or even kt.

That's true, but with the reduced number of shells of zero in the new update, it's not as reliable anymore and along with the flares it's 360 ammo for OKW for each time u use that, not to mention one have to go special operation and the other fortification (plus they get access to their b4 earlier than you get access to your zero). But with double stuka, I agree that's not always the best choice, but in some cases, like this case he mentioned in this thread (both soviet players having b4s and possibly with more than one b4), double stuka can be a very good investment since you can use stuka not only to wipe out their b4s. plus, having said the soviet player chose counter attack, u know you're not gonna get concerns like ISU, IS2, etc, possibly the other OKW player can invest fuel on panther/KT earlier than you and you can still get your heavy tanks out if the game takes long enough. At least, you know it's now less probable to have your KT/JT/Panther or even HQs wiped out by the b4's nasty shots! Also, using stuka to counter that, doesn't limit you to necessarily choose fortification and special operation(for flares as in many cases it's almost impossible to get a sight on that without a big risk of losing a valuable unit). ;) I see recently lots of soviet players rely a lot on their indirect firepower.
14 Nov 2014, 21:20 PM

yeah unfortunately in this patch zero arty has some limited to counter b4,and more soviet player use this hammer.if the other mate was wehrmacht we didnt have problem,he can easily recon and destroy it by stuka bombing like luftwafe,jaeger armor....but 2okw have some weakness
14 Nov 2014, 23:21 PM
Patrion 310

Fortification doc + pak43 + stuka are the best midgame counter, then lategame get panther or KT + zero arty to kill B4 (if possible). Stuka you need to least decrew B4 so it cant oneshot the pak43. KV tanks are to slow to be used aggressively against pak43 and volks with shreaks can deal with T34s.

OKW need something similar to OH stuka bomb so OKW can counter B4 without using fuel. Soviet meta vs OKW is all about abusing some faction design flaws that havent been fixed yet. Im not blaming soviet players though, they have to abuse the game to win because some OKW units like obers are just to powerful if they go with a "standard" combined arms build without abuse.
23 Nov 2014, 00:33 AM

Fortification doc + pak43 + stuka are the best midgame counter, then lategame get panther or KT + zero arty to kill B4 (if possible). Stuka you need to least decrew B4 so it cant oneshot the pak43. KV tanks are to slow to be used aggressively against pak43 and volks with shreaks can deal with T34s.

OKW need something similar to OH stuka bomb so OKW can counter B4 without using fuel. Soviet meta vs OKW is all about abusing some faction design flaws that havent been fixed yet. Im not blaming soviet players though, they have to abuse the game to win because some OKW units like obers are just to powerful if they go with a "standard" combined arms build without abuse.

YEAH i agree with u cobra about fortification advantage,but as u know penal+m3+sniper eat this doc specially snipers
23 Nov 2014, 16:24 PM

What the hell happened to zeroing artillery? I used it yesterday and its pure crap compared to previous patch wtf XD
24 Nov 2014, 02:17 AM
Patrion 14

What the hell happened to zeroing artillery? I used it yesterday and its pure crap compared to previous patch wtf XD

yeah, I think that it got bugged in relic's famous patch-forge. That, or they decided that it should only fire one shell at each target every 5 seconds. Either way, if they want to keep zeroing as "powerful" as it is now, they should just reduce the cost to 150-200 mu range. At 200, it may be expensive enough to have the ability to self spot with a stuka. :}
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★